2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/13, 01:17 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Lol. I was just backing up ledsled. I take it all back. I love the front. Its amazing. Ford has outdone themselves. Bravo !
You're missing the point. It isn't a matter of whether you (or anyone) doesn't like the styling but the continual (and some might say trivial) nature of associating this updated styling with the "blanket" assertion that it isn't distinguishable enough to be identified as a Mustang.
Old 8/23/13, 01:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

You're missing the point. It isn't a matter of whether you (or anyone) doesn't like the styling but the continual (and some might say trivial) nature of associating this updated styling with the "blanket" assertion that it isn't distinguishable enough to be identified as a Mustang.
We shall see what the rest looks like but thus far, many on here are not impressed with what we have seen so far.
Old 8/23/13, 01:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Its also about attracting new potential mustang lovers not just the enthusiasts on these forums. Its about getting younger generation enthusiasts such as my son who is as young as 12. The people who are looking into purchasing a sports car and one that stands out. Car enthusiast or not, majority of people know what a Corvette looks like. No other Chevy model looks like a Corvette. Why? Because its stands alone in its sheer awesomeness. No other car looks like it. You see a Corvette and no matter how old it is, you know its a Vette. It can be a 1989 Corvette, people know its a vette from a distance.

The 2005 to present, stangs stand out from all the other Ford models. When you drive down the road the non car enthusiast automatically knows your car is a Mustang. The car stands out! With Ford going with a more one fit all front style fusion grill, the magic about the awesome iconic pony car becomes lost in the sauce. It becomes to look like every other ordinary Ford model on the road.

This of course is just my opinion as you all will have one and clearly differ a great deal.
Old 8/23/13, 01:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

And can someone teach him how to multi-quote?! FFS...
Old 8/23/13, 01:28 PM
Post *****

Its also about attracting new potential mustang lovers not just the enthusiasts on these forums. Its about getting younger generation enthusiasts such as my son who is as young as 12. The people who are looking into purchasing a sports car and one that stands out. Car enthusiast or not, majority of people know what a Corvette looks like. No other Chevy model looks like a Corvette. Why? Because its stands alone in its sheer awesomeness. No other car looks like it. You see a Corvette and no matter how old it is, you know its a Vette. It can be a 1989 Corvette, people know its a vette from a distance.

The 2005 to present, stangs stand out from all the other Ford models. When you drive down the road the non car enthusiast automatically knows your car is a Mustang. The car stands out! With Ford going with a more one fit all front style fusion grill, the magic about the awesome iconic pony car becomes lost in the sauce. It becomes to look like every other ordinary Ford model on the road.

This of course is just my opinion as you all will have one and clearly differ a great deal.
Better
Old 8/23/13, 01:34 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BOSS MAN 13
Great shades of Mustang II.
I'm sure if the 2015+ Mustang can sell at even half of what the II's averaged over a 5 year period (~200,000/yr) FMC would be pleased and via sales . . . consumers would be as well.

I never really thought of Mustang "fans" to be snobs against the brand, but it sure seems like a vocal crowd. To each their own I suppose . . . nothing wrong with that!
Old 8/23/13, 01:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm sure if the 2015+ Mustang can sell at even half of what the II's averaged over a 5 year period (~200,000/yr) FMC would be pleased and via sales . . . consumers would be as well.

I never really thought of Mustang "fans" to be snobs against the brand, but it sure seems like a vocal crowd. To each their own I suppose . . . nothing wrong with that!
Were coming out with guns a blazon. Lmao.
Old 8/23/13, 06:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THANK GOD I HAD THE $$$$$ to buy a '13 BOSS 302!!!!!!!!!! I can't see myself driving that Fusion clone. Great shades of Mustang II. I'll have to unfortunately live through another era of Camaro as king! But, on the bright side, our 2011 to 2014's will bring premium dollars. Thanks Ford!
Keep dreaming.
Old 8/23/13, 06:59 PM
GT Member

Umm.. what's the saying, "To each, his own."

I hope Ford has done their research and made this edition something this generation (whatever gen that maybe) can take into their culture and continue the legacy of the Mustang.
Old 8/23/13, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Turn3

I hope Ford has done their research and made this edition something this generation (whatever gen that maybe) can take into their culture and continue the legacy of the Mustang.
Totally agree! We shall see in the upcoming near future.
Old 8/23/13, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Turn3

Well said.
Old 8/23/13, 08:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyW
The kind of person that cannot tell a Fusion from an Edge from a Focus cannot tell a Camaro from a Mustang from a Challenger. They will not be able to distinguish a 911 from a Nissan 370Z. Frankly, I'm not concerned about impressing people who have no interest in cars.

Most of the people on this forum can tell with one eye closed on a foggy day the difference between a base Mustang, a GT, a California Special, a Boss 302, and a GT500. The kind of people who are likely to buy a Mustang will not be confused between it and a non-Mustang.
Old 8/23/13, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Really? I hated the Fusion front end. Love the new EVOS (which we all knew was hinting at the Mustang) inspired family front end. Expect tweaks as a result of this testing.

Attachment 144253
I'm confused, Fusion front end and EVOS front = SAME. How can you hate one and love the other?
Old 8/23/13, 08:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

A lot of these guys are ex ricers and new to Mustangs.
Old 8/23/13, 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Oops!

Last edited by Wolfsburg; 8/23/13 at 08:12 PM.
Old 8/23/13, 08:11 PM
Cobra Member

I never really thought of Mustang "fans" to be snobs against the brand, but it sure seems like a vocal crowd.
Agreed. Definitely some odd, and overly sensitive folks, that have emerged!

Fords4Ever, I think he's referring to the previous gen Fusion's front end. Note the pic.
Old 8/23/13, 08:45 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolfsburg

Agreed. Definitely some odd, and overly sensitive folks, that have emerged!

Fords4Ever, I think he's referring to the previous gen Fusion's front end. Note the pic.
Just wait for the next wave. Each refresh has brought in new types it seems.
Old 8/23/13, 10:16 PM
Bullitt Member

THANK GOD I HAD THE $$$$$ to buy a '13 BOSS 302!!!!!!!!!! I can't see myself driving that Fusion clone. Great shades of Mustang II. I'll have to unfortunately live through another era of Camaro as king! But, on the bright side, our 2011 to 2014's will bring premium dollars. Thanks Ford!
There is no 'mustang ii' era afoot.

It may be less than desirable styling in the works. I am convinced what we are seeing now is just some mule with old fusion development parts bolted to it, but it will still probably be a 'corporate family' look. However under all of it will be proper mechanicals. Not the V8less 1974 mustang ii. So you won't be looking at another Camaro dominated era.

Furthermore, even with all the mustang ii hate the **** things sold very well, but few seem to have survived.

What we might be in for is the styling equivalent of the Fox Body era. Where the mustang carried a ford family look.
Old 8/24/13, 03:30 AM

^ This.
Old 8/24/13, 06:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever

I'm confused, Fusion front end and EVOS front = SAME. How can you hate one and love the other?
Did you see the picture I attached. Fusion front end verses this, the Evos front end.

2015 Spy Shots-image-1658531008.jpg

Quick Reply: 2015 Spy Shots