2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/13, 04:50 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Garbone

Turning right???
Wow. Didn't realize I made a huge mistake. Turning left.
Old 9/27/13, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This should be closer to the actual shape.

Old 9/27/13, 02:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Munk
This should be closer to the actual shape.

I hope you're right!
Old 9/28/13, 12:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Wow. Didn't realize I made a huge mistake. Turning left.
Naw, not a mistake...it was just your other right...
Old 9/28/13, 07:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So I've Been working on My Drawing a little more...

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-speculation-4.9e.jpg  
Old 9/28/13, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaBear67
So I've Been working on My Drawing a little more...

Have you seen the pics from the Hi-Po SVT thread? I can't imagine the regular Mustang and SE's having different body styles so I really think there will less of a fastback appearance than you're showing here and it will have a more level trunk.

Last edited by Fords4Ever; 9/28/13 at 08:29 PM.
Old 9/28/13, 09:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Have you seen the pics from the Hi-Po SVT thread? I can't imagine the regular Mustang and SE's having different body styles so I really think there will less of a fastback appearance than you're showing here and it will have a more level trunk.
I have a feeling that the "SE" Mule is a Vert... this drawing was done directly over a previous Camouflaged Mule. I do not see Ford loosing the Fastback Body style for a Less Aerodynamic Notchback Body. Especially since the 2015 is supposedly inspired by the Evos which is a Full Fastback design.
Old 9/28/13, 11:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a feeling that the "SE" Mule is a Vert... this drawing was done directly over a previous Camouflaged Mule. I do not see Ford loosing the Fastback Body style for a Less Aerodynamic Notchback Body. Especially since the 2015 is supposedly inspired by the Evos which is a Full Fastback design.
doubt it, it probably will be a full fast back but the rear and front ends will be shorter, your drawings front and rear ends are too long. It looks more like a grand tourer. i think ford is still using the current models front and rear end
Old 9/29/13, 01:56 AM
Cobra R Member

doubt it, it probably will be a full fast back but the rear and front ends will be shorter, your drawings front and rear ends are too long. It looks more like a grand tourer. i think ford is still using the current models front and rear end

I stand by my rendering. The Overhangs you see are what We're going to get. I still don't understand how you can say the Front Overhang is too Long. We have already seen the Front End Unmasked, which is Exactly what I Used to Render My Front End. I may not be accurate on the details of the rear end, but the length of the Overhang is not going to change. It is too late in the game for Ford to be Testing something that would be Dramatically Different than what We can Clearly See Under the Car. The Proportions of This Car are Classic Pony Car Proportions.
Old 9/29/13, 02:32 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Tampa......personally I think your rendering looks great, and I think you're right about the overhangs. Only thing really in question is just how the fastback roof and trunk will flow. I like your angled trunk for a more "true" fastback look but, so far, the camo means it's pretty tough to work out what's really under there.

Keep working on it. Would love to see some colour (even though black's best )
Old 9/29/13, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Drawing looks pretty good. I don't like your interpretation of the rear end at all. IMHO, it's way too long. The camo is doing it's job. No one here is clairvoyant. We will see when the camo comes off.
Old 9/29/13, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I stand by my rendering. The Overhangs you see are what We're going to get. I still don't understand how you can say the Front Overhang is too Long. We have already seen the Front End Unmasked, which is Exactly what I Used to Render My Front End. I may not be accurate on the details of the rear end, but the length of the Overhang is not going to change. It is too late in the game for Ford to be Testing something that would be Dramatically Different than what We can Clearly See Under the Car. The Proportions of This Car are Classic Pony Car Proportions.

Youre being tricked by the camo, Shortening the rear end is not a dramatic change, the proportions are gonna be close to the M4. Your does look good, but it looks like its the same size as the current model. I thought the GT was suppose to drop around 100lbs, i dont see that happening if its going to be the same size as the current car unless ford put carbon fiber or some other light weight material on pretty much everything.
Old 9/29/13, 08:44 PM
Cobra Member

Youre being tricked by the camo, Shortening the rear end is not a dramatic change, the proportions are gonna be close to the M4. Your does look good, but it looks like its the same size as the current model. I thought the GT was suppose to drop around 100lbs, i dont see that happening if its going to be the same size as the current car unless ford put carbon fiber or some other light weight material on pretty much everything.
Mazda kept the size of the new Mazda 6 and dropped 300 pounds while keeping it at a competitive price. It can be done.
Old 9/29/13, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Mazda kept the size of the new Mazda 6 and dropped 300 pounds while keeping it at a competitive price. It can be done.
300? no.. more like 200 both having the sport trim
Old 9/29/13, 09:41 PM
Cobra Member

Well you can see where the exhaust ends so I wouldn't think the camo is disguising/exaggerating the length that much unless the car is also sporting exhaust tip extensions? Have they been known to do that before?

My only minor quibble with Tampa's excellent rendering is how the belt line seems to dip at the door area. Kinda reminds me of the dip seen on Mustang II's which, in my opinion, contributes greatly to the "polarizing" styling of the II.

Last edited by Wolfsburg; 9/29/13 at 09:50 PM.
Old 9/29/13, 11:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
I just finished this sketch. Nothing special, started it last night before bed, refined it tonight.
Old 9/30/13, 10:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think from everything we are hearing recently the car will be lower and wider and your drawing looks at least as tall as the currentl car and much to long.

Also I think it's too early to assume that the naked front end we saw is actually the real front end. I just can't see Ford letting that slip when this whole thing has been such a well kept secret. The camo'd SE we have been seeing won't be that much different body wise than the regular or GT model and the SE looks much leaner that your drawing.

No offense but I just don't see "Mustang" in your drawing. But only time will tell.
Old 9/30/13, 10:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by unnoticedtrails
I just finished this sketch. Nothing special, started it last night before bed, refined it tonight.
Nice sketch but it looks just like the current car with a differnt qtr window IMHO.
Old 10/2/13, 03:14 PM
Cobra R Member

So after the Interior Reveal showing the quarter Window shape I have tweaked my rendering a bit more. I also cut about 6" from the rear overhang. What do you guys think now?

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-speculation-4.9i.jpg  

Last edited by TampaBear67; 10/2/13 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10/2/13, 03:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks awesome Shawn! I would be very happy to park that in my garage.

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread