2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/13, 11:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The_Munk

why do you keep mentioning the body stlye? i like the new body style, my only beef is the headlights and grill. i dont like the fact that it "might'' share the same front end as a fwd ''economy car'' that imo looks like a catfish
The whole notion that an economy car be cheap or inferior to the rest of the line up died with the new Mini. Thank good because the old line of thinking gave us some pretty crap small cars. Chevette, anyone?
Old 9/4/13, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
The whole notion that an economy car be cheap or inferior to the rest of the line up died with the new Mini. Thank good because the old line of thinking gave us some pretty crap small cars. Chevette, anyone?
Agreed, Just look at the Nissan Versa Sedan. The original one looked like " this guy can't afford 20K so Make it look like CRAP". NOW it looks like it belongs in the Nissan line up. Same goes for Focus and fusion and MANY other 2012+ cars.
Old 9/4/13, 09:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brewman

Agreed, Just look at the Nissan Versa Sedan. The original one looked like " this guy can't afford 20K so Make it look like CRAP". NOW it looks like it belongs in the Nissan line up. Same goes for Focus and fusion and MANY other 2012+ cars.
I thought years ago that if you want to sell lower end cars going forward, stop making people feel like they are in cheap junk! Not only can normal people not afford the high end, they don't want to drive a crappy car that keeps reminding them of it.

When the new Focus came out I was so excited to see Ford do the best they could to offer a good product at a good price. So much so I bought one. Feature wise it competed and bested my 335i. Just didnt come with the chassis or engine. But we were getting much less car for much less money. For that its incredible and I love it for what it is. A nice looking and feeling car that I am happy to own.

Now about that transmission, to shift or not to shift, is always the question apparently.
Old 9/4/13, 07:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Some stunning work around at the moment

Smooth and clean, can be also aggressive. Think aerodynamics. The smoother, and cleaner the body, although to some unimaginative, and non-aggressive, is one of the best ways to increase top speed. Get the air flowing smoothly, and cleanly, and you automatically get aggressive performance. This is one way Ford can possibly make a car with less HP, perform right along side the Vette, and Viper. Lets forget about competing with the Camaro, and Challenger, and set the sights on a higher plane. Smooth, and clean. Manage the air, and you can use less horsepower to gain higher performance...I for one, like it. I think this rendering screams performance. give this body a weight of around 3300-3400 pounds, with 450-460 hp, and you will be right there with the new Stingray. Give it 600+ HP, (TT 5.4L), and it will run with just about anything under $100K.

In fact, I will camp out on my dealers doorstep to get one if it looks like this!

Last edited by Garbone; 9/4/13 at 07:04 PM.
Old 9/4/13, 10:26 PM
Cobra R Member

how is the above car not just a slightly better looking 1999 mustang?

Old 9/4/13, 10:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
how is the above car not just a slightly better looking 1999 mustang?

Sorry man, I just don't see it. They look nothing alike, to me.
Old 9/5/13, 06:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

The annoying thing is that discussing car styling is much like discussing art...some people get it and other don't...people want to see what they want to see (2002 Camaro, 2013 Fusion) and there no changing that.

As for the 2015 Mustang, yes it has some similarities with the Fusion, but to call it a direct copy is disingenuous. Take a look at a 87 Mustang GT, 87 T-Bird and a 87 Taurus and they all have identical or nearly identical headlights. Look at the earlier 1980's Mustangs and they share the same headlight design as the LTD or Fairmount of whatever it was called back then.

I think most people are just butthurt that they don't have the lastest and greatest any more and have to **** in everyone else cheerios. Hell I like the 2015 Mustang from what I see and I own a 2006 Mustang GT I still love...
Old 9/5/13, 08:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by GT98
The annoying thing is that discussing car styling is much like discussing art...some people get it and other don't...people want to see what they want to see (2002 Camaro, 2013 Fusion) and there no changing that.

As for the 2015 Mustang, yes it has some similarities with the Fusion, but to call it a direct copy is disingenuous. Take a look at a 87 Mustang GT, 87 T-Bird and a 87 Taurus and they all have identical or nearly identical headlights. Look at the earlier 1980's Mustangs and they share the same headlight design as the LTD or Fairmount of whatever it was called back then.

I think most people are just butthurt that they don't have the lastest and greatest any more and have to **** in everyone else cheerios. Hell I like the 2015 Mustang from what I see and I own a 2006 Mustang GT I still love...
This. x1000. This.
Old 9/5/13, 10:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by laserred38

This. x1000. This.
Times two.
Old 9/5/13, 11:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Old 9/5/13, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
This. x1000. This.
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Times two.
Times eleventybillion.
Old 9/5/13, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
Times eleventybillion.
You are all exactly right on. I dont know auto design, but I know what I like!
Old 9/5/13, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

lol i think you're talking about me, yea i do have an old stang, and yea i guess i am a little "butthurt" even though it hasn't came out yet for me to be officially butthurt. All i want in the new stang is good looks and performance levels close to the new stingray and better than the z/28
Old 9/5/13, 04:20 PM
Cobra R Member

I played with it and refined it a little more...

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-speculation-4.7.jpg  
Old 9/5/13, 05:02 PM

Old 9/5/13, 11:43 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Garbone
Smooth and clean, can be also aggressive. Think aerodynamics. The smoother, and cleaner the body, although to some unimaginative, and non-aggressive, is one of the best ways to increase top speed. Get the air flowing smoothly, and cleanly, and you automatically get aggressive performance. This is one way Ford can possibly make a car with less HP, perform right along side the Vette, and Viper. Lets forget about competing with the Camaro, and Challenger, and set the sights on a higher plane. Smooth, and clean. Manage the air, and you can use less horsepower to gain higher performance...I for one, like it. I think this rendering screams performance. give this body a weight of around 3300-3400 pounds, with 450-460 hp, and you will be right there with the new Stingray. Give it 600+ HP, (TT 5.4L), and it will run with just about anything under $100K.

In fact, I will camp out on my dealers doorstep to get one if it looks like this!
I like that, wouldn't mind take a loan out on one at all.
Old 9/6/13, 01:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Didn't realize we where living in the 80's but I see your point. If Honda, Toyota and others do it, why not the 2015 mustang?
Personally, I don't have an issue with the headlight, it has to do more with the grille.

Wonder if the 2016 Camaro would look like Impala SS?

Enjoy your latest and greatest with hips.

Sincerly,

Butthurt mustang onwer.
Old 9/6/13, 02:26 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
All you guys complaining, what if i told you that the Mustang is still gonna be a Mustang? Its still gonna have RWD, a potent v8, and proper Mustang badging and heritage?

Ok it might have a bit of a fusion-esque face but it also have a bit of Evos as well. Its going to be more aggresive, sleeker, sharper, and just look better. The vast manority of us have no clue what its going to actually look like so why judge before we even know? Stop complaining and just wait it out. Then you can pass judgement when official images from Ford itself are released of the final product. Its seriously gettin really annoying
Old 9/6/13, 02:48 AM
Bullitt Member

I hope the light bezel incorporates the 99-04 tri amber horizontal reflectors. I personally think that would look sweet and a nice throw back to those era cars.
Old 9/6/13, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Some people here are annoyed with others complaining about what we have seen so far.

Some people here are annoyed with others acting like sheep being led off a cliff.

I think both groups should shut up and wait until the official pictures are released by Ford. Until then both groups should expect the other group to offer their opinions and not denigrate the other.

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread