Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaBear67
More from Chazcron and Mustang6G

HURRY KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
Old 10/16/13, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
That's the best I've seen! I really like this, not sure about the vents on the front fenders but overall this is really nice. Great work!
The vents on the front fender is based on the spy shots of the gt500 or 350 whatever the hi-op car is going to be called. I doubt they will be on every model though.
Old 10/16/13, 01:40 PM
Cobra Member

Whats going on with those tail lights?

Are they recessed into the back and somewhat overlapping with space in between?
Old 10/16/13, 02:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
http://jalopnik.com/this-hot-renderi...-mu-1446504619
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-image-3174246746.jpg  
Old 10/16/13, 02:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TampaBear67
More from Chazcron and Mustang6G

There's something off about this front end which just makes it hideous. I think is the huge disproportional grill in comparison to very thin and trying too hard to be trendy headlights. The rest of the body is not so disgraceful. A little euro wanna be and very blend. But not disgraceful. But the front end is just ugly!
Old 10/16/13, 02:57 PM
V6 Member

I think the headlights are too bug eyed and round. They remind me of the eyes in Spiderman's mask as they curve around the sides. It seems to me that in the first group of spy shots they appear to be a bit more defined.....although they were wrapped in black plastic.
Old 10/16/13, 03:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
I think this gets us right in the pitchers mound of the ball park. Pretty much at this point if you don't like it, time to keep yours, buy something else or wait until another refresh.

I'm gonna say this one does it for me. Put it in green and done.
Old 10/16/13, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by The_Munk
An audi is a glorified vw because it has better performance, style, and probably quality.
No. It's a glorified VW because they are from the same family and share lots of things. It's a glorified VW because you pay more but in the end gets a VW (IF you compare similarly spec'ed models). Take a top of the line Passat and a top of the Line A4 and you will be hard pressed to really see much difference, specially in handling, drive-ability etc. Audis drive like the VWs they are. They just do and there's nothing wrong with that. Obviously not speaking of Quattros, which obviously for being 4WD drive differently. But like I said, the huge majority of all Audis are not 4WD. They are front wheel drive.

it has better performance, style, and probably quality.
Performance will depend on which models you're comparing. A top of the line VW Scirocco will kick the butt of a base A5 any day. By the way, the VW Scirocco, Audi A3 and Audi TT all share the same platform.

Style is truly subjective.

Quality, just, no! VWs are built like thanks, just like Audis and Mercedes.The Audi may be more fancy, depending again of which models you are comparing. But quality, no.

That vw does not look like an s5, maybe is it drove past me quickly the shape would look similar to an s5.
I'm sorry but you would have to be blind not to see they are made by the same company and are cousins. Actually, word on the street is that this Jetta Coupe never made out of prototype because Audi complained it was too close to an A5. I don't doubt that. Something similar happened back in the 90's when Aston and Jaguar were both owned by Ford and their models shared a lot of parts and design. Aston basically "prohibited" Jaguar from ever releasing a XK8 or XKR with a manual transmission, because you would effectively have an Aston V8 for half the price.

Put this vw and an s5 on a track and you'll start to see why they are different.
You keep burping the S5's name. A bit like saying, "Wow, a Mustang Saleen kicks the Camaro V6's butt". Compare Apples to Apples. Compare a similarly spec'ed Scirocco and A5 and you will see. If you close your eyes, you wouldn't be able to tell which one you were driving.

The first mustang was a european design that everyone adopted as american some people forget that. I actually like the european design. theyre more elegant yet aggressive at the same time. we always had an euro stang
Can you show us the European car the Mustang was based on?

Last edited by Mustango; 10/16/13 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10/16/13, 03:09 PM
Cobra R Member

http://jalopnik.com/this-hot-renderi...-mu-1446504619

Last edited by TampaBear67; 10/16/13 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10/16/13, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MRiley
For someone who is "inclined to believe" you sure do have some very strong opinions and making a lot claims without any evidence whatsoever.
If, by "claims" and "without any evidence whatsoever" you mean pointing out the painfully obvious discrepancies in publicly posted "spy shots" and these latest renderings, then yes, I guess you could say I have 'strong opinions'...

Are you being serious right now? This is your 'A' game???

How you get from "the pics and renders don't match up to me" to --> therefore, chaz did not work off a CAD image, is a pretty big leap.
How you get there is an even bigger leap. I never made that comment. Feel free to quote a post where I said that.

And accusing a site of trolling (essentially lying about the fact that these are anything more than from chaz's own imagination) is quite a bold thing to say without anything but your "inclination" to back it up.
Ok.
Fair enough.
So prove it.
Someone post the CAD files.
Easy enough, right?
Oh maybe it's not that easy....
At least, not as easy as plastering the 6G link all over everyfugginthing that comes out about the next gen Mustang, and presenting it as their own, huh? Amiright???
I've had brief conversations with chaz through email and he seems about as stand up of a guy as I have "met" online.
And I've had brief conversations with a guy on the corner that calls himself Jesus (pronounced 'hay-zues' - I live in Spain, what can I say?), he seems like a pretty stand up guy, too. That doesn't mean I take his word as the Gospel truth. But like you said, to each their own, right...
To reiterate, I'm not knocking Chaz or his renderings, I'm simply posting my "opinion."
But apparently opinions aren't worth a sh** unless they're posted on 6G...
Overboost here has already said 80-90% accuracy and there are multiple people on 6G that have said it is pretty close.
Oh snap! Begging your forgiveness, massah!
I must have missed the part where Overboost and anybody else on the internet posted their Ford credentials for us all to see. Would you be so kind as to link me to that/those post(s)?? Thanks!

Hell I could tell you it's 80% accurate as it has 4 wheels, 2 doors, a long hood and three-piece chicken & biscuit taillights and a Mustang logo in the grill.
Is that really all it takes to be considered credible these days?

I imagine there are inevitably somethings that will be lost in translation when interpreting the CAD. How you think anyone can come even 50% close with the almost completely covered spy photos of the S550 that are out there without help from sketches, CADs, or other inside info, is beyond me. But good luck making that theory stick.
If it's CAD, there should be nothing lost in translation. Maybe you don't understand what CAD files are. But we'll leave the 50% sticky theories to you...

Last edited by tom281; 10/17/13 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10/16/13, 03:27 PM
V6 Member

Haha, wow. That sure is a lot of vitriol. Clearly, you're a fine asset to this site.

I think your post does plenty standing on its own, without my responding to it. Thank, bud
Old 10/16/13, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

I think this gets us right in the pitchers mound of the ball park. Pretty much at this point if you don't like it, time to keep yours, buy something else or wait until another refresh.

I'm gonna say this one does it for me. Put it in green and done.
Yes. I think this is what I'm doing. Buying a 2014 and keeping it till the next refresh. It often happens in the car industry that pressured by the consumer-ish notion that something new is always better, companies end up taking a step back. There's no reason to update something that is already great. The 2013 Mustang is probably the best design since the early 70's. Yes, it's larger, but this new one doesn't seem like it will be smaller. Chrysler made this same mistake with the Viper and the 2002 model, which was a let down compared to the 1996 GTS. Mitsubishi with the 2000 Eclipse etc.
Not saying the current model couldn't be improved upon. Just saying that so far, this isn't it. I'm obviously speaking stylistically. Technically, newer cars will often be better. Goes without saying but...
Old 10/16/13, 03:32 PM
V6 Member

It's almost like if Ford looked at the new Camaro and went, hmm, let's do that too.
Although this already looks better than the hideous CAD render.
Old 10/16/13, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Mustango
Yes. I think this is what I'm doing. Buying a 2014 and keeping it till the next refresh. It often happens in the car industry that pressured by the consumer-ish notion that something new is always better, companies end up taking a step back. There's no reason to update something that is already great. The 2013 Mustang is probably the best design since the early 70's. Yes, it's larger, but this new one doesn't seem like it will be smaller. Chrysler made this same mistake with the Viper and the 2002 model, which was a let down compared to the 1996 GTS. Mitsubishi with the 2000 Eclipse etc. Not saying the current model couldn't be improved upon. Just saying that so far, this isn't it. I'm obviously speaking stylistically. Technically, newer cars will often be better. Goes without saying but...
Nothing wrong with any of the new Mustangs in my eyes. I'd love to have one. Whatever happens with the S550 the current stock is sweet. Even the 2011/12.
Old 10/16/13, 03:47 PM
V6 Member

Nothing wrong with any of the new Mustangs in my eyes. I'd love to have one. Whatever happens with the S550 the current stock is sweet. Even the 2011/12.
Oh yes, we're on the same page here. I actually am often undecided between the 2005-09, 2010-12 and 2013+. The 2013 normally ends up getting the *** because it's much more aggressive looking. But when you compare the Shelbies, it's a toss up between any of the 5th gen ones.
Old 10/16/13, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

No. It's a glorified VW because they are from the same family and share lots of things. It's a glorified VW because you pay more but in the end gets a VW (IF you compare similarly spec'ed models). Take a top of the line Passat and a top of the Line A4 and you will be hard pressed to really see much difference, specially in handling, drive-ability etc. Audis drive like the VWs they are. They just do and there's nothing wrong with that. Obviously not speaking of Quattros, which obviously for being 4WD drive differently. But like I said, the huge majority of all Audis are not 4WD. They are front wheel drive.

Performance will depend on which models you're comparing. A top of the line VW Scirocco will kick the butt of a base A5 any day. By the way, the VW Scirocco, Audi A3 and Audi TT all share the same platform.

Style is truly subjective.

Quality, just, no! VWs are built like thanks, just like Audis and Mercedes.The Audi may be more fancy, depending again of which models you are comparing. But quality, no.

I'm sorry but you would have to be blind not to see they are made by the same company and are cousins. Actually, word on the street is that this Jetta Coupe never made out of prototype because Audi complained it was too close to an A5. I don't doubt that. Something similar happened back in the 90's when Aston and Jaguar were both owned by Ford and their models shared a lot of parts and design. Aston basically "prohibited" Jaguar from ever releasing a XK8 or XKR with a manual transmission, because you would effectively have an Aston V8 for half the price.

You keep burping the S5's name. A bit like saying, "Wow, a Mustang Saleen kicks the Camaro V6's butt". Compare Apples to Apples. Compare a similarly spec'ed Scirocco and A5 and you will see. If you close your eyes, you wouldn't be able to tell which one you were driving.

Can you show us the European car the Mustang was based on?
Ive test driven older passats and a4's when i was looking for a car to buy, driving them they felt different, passat(i think it was a 1.8turbo) felt kinda big n slow, the a4 had more steering feel but not a lot. That jetta coupe has a shorter hood and shorter truck so the it appears to have a bigger green house, kinda looks like a scion tc. the reason i keep saying s5 is because someone said my render looks similar to a s5. it wasnt based on a specific european car, it had certain european design cues
Old 10/16/13, 04:03 PM
V6 Member

Ive test driven older passats and a4's when i was looking for a car to buy, driving them they felt different, passat(i think it was a 1.8turbo) felt kinda big n slow, the a4 had more steering feel but not a lot. That jetta coupe has a shorter hood and shorter truck so the it appears to have a bigger green house, kinda looks like a scion tc. the reason i keep saying s5 is because someone said my render looks similar to a s5. it wasnt based on a specific european car, it had certain european design cues
The S5 looks the same as the A5. It's just some extra packaging. It's the same car with different ground effects.

I know the J-coupe and the A5 are not identical twins. But it's clear they are made by the same company and are closely related. The design school is the same. Under the hood Audi shares more with VWs than they would like to admit.

I don't see many if any euro cues on the original mustang. Look at European cars of that era.

It depends on the generation. If you drive a 1995 Passat and a 2001 A4 they will not feel similar, for obvious reasons. Also, if you drive a low end Passat and a high end A4 it will not feel similar. Goes without saying. I drive Audis and VWs (as well as other European cars) often when traveling around Europe and I tell you, they are cut from the same mold. ;-)

Last edited by Mustango; 10/16/13 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10/16/13, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

The S5 looks the same as the A5. It's just some extra packaging. It's the same car with different ground effects.

I don't see many if any euro cues on the original mustang. Look at European cars of that era.

It depends on the generation. If you drive a 1995 Passat and a 2001 A4 they will not feel similar, for obvious reasons. Also, if you drive a low end Passat and a high end A4 it will not feel similar. Goes without saying. I drive Audis and VWs (as well as other European cars) often when traveling around Europe and I tell you, they are cut from the same mold. ;-)
Well i originally put a5/s5 but just decided to keep putting s5 lol. I drove a 2003 passat and i think it was either 2000 or 2001 a4, it was a base a4. I think I read somewhere that the concepts had european cues I dont wanna look it up and read a bunch of stuff i've read before.
Old 10/16/13, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

That looks really good the wide body from super snake gives this render a nice muscular look unlike the CAD render that looks like plain long hood civic.
Old 10/16/13, 04:48 PM
V6 Member

Well i originally put a5/s5 but just decided to keep putting s5 lol. I drove a 2003 passat and i think it was either 2000 or 2001 a4, it was a base a4. I think I read somewhere that the concepts had european cues I dont wanna look it up and read a bunch of stuff i've read before.
If they are similarly spec'ed they will drive very close. If it was a B5 Audi, then it would be close to the 2003 Passat. If it was a B6 then it's a generation newer and would explain the difference. They had both in 2001 but the Passat didn't move to the B6 platform till 2005.
Never heard about the Mustang being euro influenced. I heard the Corvette was but don't see much on the Mustang.

Last edited by Mustango; 10/16/13 at 04:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread