2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/10, 06:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Greenhouse is good and the Door has potential. other than that..........
Old 9/15/10, 01:11 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
too bloated. Chisel 40% away and you might have something...
Old 9/15/10, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
too bloated. Chisel 40% away and you might have something...

Hey That Pony has Colic.

Last edited by Brewman; 9/15/10 at 02:17 PM.
Old 9/16/10, 11:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is a mess. This does not say Mustang at all! It looks like it should be a Mazda. Oh wait it is a Mazda...

Last edited by watchdevil; 9/16/10 at 11:13 PM.
Old 9/16/10, 11:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by mustang23

HIDEOUS!
Old 9/16/10, 11:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch

That looks like a FWD car, especially with the rear wheel opening and quarter panel relationship. Might make a better replacement for a Scion TC.
Old 9/16/10, 11:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

With some tweaks I like this...
Old 9/16/10, 11:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Plus it incorporates Fords new front end grille design:

Please no! Let the Mustang make it's own statement...
Old 9/17/10, 01:33 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by watchdevil
Please no! Let the Mustang make it's own statement...
Quite agree. The Fox Mustangs shared a lot of styling cues with other Fords of the time. No disrepect to the Fox-lovers, but I want a Mustang to look like a modern version of the 60's classics
Old 9/17/10, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by smitty
Love the mini lites.
You made the tail lamps too big and with not enough pinch-age.

Also, you re-squared off the corners, and that's not the right direction either.
Old 9/18/10, 02:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Quite agree. The Fox Mustangs shared a lot of styling cues with other Fords of the time. No disrepect to the Fox-lovers, but I want a Mustang to look like a modern version of the 60's classics
Even Thunderbirds from 1980 to 87 still had clear identifiable Tbird styling cues as they were accommodated on the Fox platform.

I never wanted a Fox Mustang since it never looked like a Mustang, 5.0 engine or not. Honestly, the Fox Mustang seemed more like a functional Pinto replacement... Which in fact it was in 4-cyl form. It was timed just right as Pinto production ended there was the 4-cyl Mustang to fall back on. It looked like a brick to the 1983 Camaros and Firebirds which had lowe sling and more exotic profiles that were Ferrari-like. I had a few of those F-body cars until 1994. I remember thinking when will the Mustang ever get redesigned? Then 1994 Mustang came and I thought it was the second coming of JC! Finally recognizable classic Mustang styling cues worked into modern Ford styling DNA.

Last edited by watchdevil; 9/18/10 at 02:39 AM.
Old 9/20/10, 06:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Even Thunderbirds from 1980 to 87 still had clear identifiable Tbird styling cues as they were accommodated on the Fox platform.

I never wanted a Fox Mustang since it never looked like a Mustang, 5.0 engine or not. Honestly, the Fox Mustang seemed more like a functional Pinto replacement... Which in fact it was in 4-cyl form. It was timed just right as Pinto production ended there was the 4-cyl Mustang to fall back on. It looked like a brick to the 1983 Camaros and Firebirds which had lowe sling and more exotic profiles that were Ferrari-like. I had a few of those F-body cars until 1994. I remember thinking when will the Mustang ever get redesigned? Then 1994 Mustang came and I thought it was the second coming of JC! Finally recognizable classic Mustang styling cues worked into modern Ford styling DNA.
Do you mean the FOX looked like THE BRICK that was Dropped on the Firebirds and Camaros? Those cars looked stepped on.
Old 9/21/10, 08:51 PM

It looked like a brick to the 1983 Camaros and Firebirds which had lowe sling and more exotic profiles that were Ferrari-like. I had a few of those F-body cars until 1994. I remember thinking when will the Mustang ever get redesigned?
The fox-body was a departure from the Mustang "look", but it was still all Mustang, and very muscular. The Camaro/Firebird looked nothing like their relatives either... Maybe that "exotic" look of the Fbody GM cars is why they sold "so well" -- Camaro/Firebird combined sold half of what the Mustang sold -- that seemed to work well.

I never once looked at a Fox-body Mustang and didn't recognize it as a Mustang... If there was not a "Fox" Mustang, chances are good you would not have any Mustang today.

Last edited by evil5oh; 9/22/10 at 08:03 PM.
Old 9/22/10, 06:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by evil5oh
The fox-body was a departure from the Mustang "look", but it was still all Mustang, and very muscular. The Camaro/Firebird looked nothing like their relatives either... Maybe that "exotic" look of the F-body cars is why they sold "so well" -- Camaro/Firebird combined sold half of what the Mustang sold -- that seemed to work well.

I never once looked at a Fox-body Mustang and didn't recognize it as a Mustang... If there was not a "Fox" Mustang, chances are good you would not have any Mustang today.
I can agree with that. if not for the Fox the Mustang would be a fond memory. The GTs of 85-86 were pretty good and the SVO was a great idea that just never really got the credit it deserved. However; the Gts from 87-93 were over dress and over done and I never really liked them. Say what you want about the Tail light s on the new Mustang but they are a lot better looking that the loovered look on the 87-93 GTs.
Old 9/22/10, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Brewman
Say what you want about the Tail light s on the new Mustang but they are a lot better looking that the loovered look on the 87-93 GTs.
Yeah the louvers were terrible, but hey, some people liked the "80's"... lol. Those tail lights fit in with most every other crazy fad from that decade that most of us want to forget.

The GT's weren't the greatest example of successful styling execution, but the 5.0 LX was a win. I have an '88 notch, so I have a soft spot, but I am sure a lot of us can agree if the LX is done up nice they are just plain "tough".
Old 9/23/10, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by evil5oh
Yeah the louvers were terrible, but hey, some people liked the "80's"... lol. Those tail lights fit in with most every other crazy fad from that decade that most of us want to forget.

The GT's weren't the greatest example of successful styling execution, but the 5.0 LX was a win. I have an '88 notch, so I have a soft spot, but I am sure a lot of us can agree if the LX is done up nice they are just plain "tough".

I always thought the 5.0 LX was the way to go. A buddy had one he called "Die Rock" it had under drive pullies and a few other adds. That thing was NASTY.

Last edited by Brewman; 9/23/10 at 06:24 AM.
Old 9/23/10, 07:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That is a mess. This does not say Mustang at all! It looks like it should be a Mazda. Oh wait it is a Mazda...
This would go along with the news of the designer from Hyundai and MB being hired by Ford pretty well. Not saying I like it any.

Originally Posted by mustang23
I am Batman!
Old 9/23/10, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Brewman
I always thought the 5.0 LX was the way to go.
Yeah, it is really unfortunate we don't have that option any more.

I would love to see a new 5.0 or future Mustang without all the "bells and whistles" No power options, no navigation coupled with crazy stereos, a no A/C option, no fancy interior "mood" lighting, minimal sound insulation, plain jane bumper covers, etc. You could really have a nice, lightweight car with less luxury add ons to fail.

The problem is most of this stuff is standard now. We are in this vicious cycle of magazines, Consumer Reports, testers, and the media, telling people they "need" all this extra stuff. People buy into it, and you have a car that is maxed out with all this junk we actually don't need. As soon as all these "new" options are available on every other car, all the above mentioned info outlets tell people they need the next latest and greatest contraption -- and the cycle starts over.

Unfortunately it would now cost more for Ford to build a stripped down, light weight, mass produced Mustang than it is to build it with all the "features"

I would love to see the next gen Mustang to have a low buck "sleeper" option, but I doubt it will ever be in my lifetime. That takes me back to the original Fox-body conversation -- I will settle for that because it secured mustangs future for a long time -- too many options or not.
Old 9/24/10, 06:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

The other thing is I understand that the Fed. GOV. makes the auto maker test the cars with all possible option combinations. This means BIG Money for the auto maker if they don't lock in set Packages. The more packages they offer the more testing they have to do.
As far as the extras you can order most are deal ad-ons now and as long as they fall below a certain percentage they don't have to retest the cars for cash and emissions.

I believe that is what delayed the aluminum dash trim package on the S197s. A lot more buyers took the option that Ford thought would take it and they had to retest the Air bag deployment to be sure the trim did not interfere with the air bag.

If I am wrong about this someone please tell me.

Last edited by Brewman; 9/24/10 at 06:17 AM.
Old 9/24/10, 11:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://mdominy.deviantart.com/

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread