2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/10, 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't want an expensive sports car. The new Mustangs are expensive enough as it is.
Want a 2 seater? Go buy a Ford GT or a Corvette!
Old 5/17/10, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by seaclam
You know full well, these muscle cars can't handle worth ****. They never have from inception. Too bulky, too heavy, etc. For the most part, these cars have seen little changes in their handling performance over......what......the numerous decades they've been around. And for people who say that if they make it a two seater, they'll lose customers. Well, the back seats for QUITE SOME TIME, have been a hilarious joke. Uncomfortable as hell, no leg or head room. A complete waste of time, energy and a flawed design. It's time to make the Mustang a real sports car. Something that not only can go fast in a straight line, but can take the corners just as well as any Japanese or European counterpart.
Back seats are not a joke. The only reason I do not own a 370Z is because there is no back seat. You WILL lose customers going to a two seater.
I am all for the handling of your argument but that has nothing to do with seat number. Japanese two seaters...only the 370Z and MRS(if it is even still made) come to mind until you get to exotics. European two seaters...what Porsche? Are you kidding? Heck the GTR is one of the best handlers out there and it seats 4 (not in our class, but still).

I don't know what a real sports car is, but the mustang sure beats the heck out of the camaro, challenger, eclipse, genesis coupe, 328 coupe, s2000, celica, MRS. it is toe to toe with the 370Z and even pushes the M3. Seems real sporty to me.

Don't get me wrong though. Personally I would have rather seen them add a better suspension, IRS, shed some weight and keep around 325-350 ponies as opposed to juggernauting in the new AWESOME 5.0. But to each his own.
Old 5/17/10, 01:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
It may sound rediculous, but I actually love the fact the Mustang doesn't handle like it's on rails, or can lap the Nuburgring in 7 minutes flat. It's not WHAT is can do, it's HOW it can do it. I used to have a 300zx Twin Turbo (hence the login name) and that was claimed to be a great handling car......but it didn't put a smile on my face every time I drove it, like the Mustang does. Sometimes "perfection" is actually a little dull. Give me the old-fashioned feel of a proper muscle car any day. The rough and ready feel of the Mustang is what gives it character.

And as for those rear seats? My 2 kids fit fine and I reckon they'll be OK back there until they are in their teens. The trunk means we can fit by 1 year old boy's pushchair (I think you call them strollers?) and all his other "junk" on a day out to a car meet
Old 5/18/10, 03:44 PM
Cobra R Member

You know full well, these muscle cars can't handle worth ****. They never have from inception. Too bulky, too heavy, etc. For the most part, these cars have seen little changes in their handling performance over......what......the numerous decades they've been around. And for people who say that if they make it a two seater, they'll lose customers. Well, the back seats for QUITE SOME TIME, have been a hilarious joke. Uncomfortable as hell, no leg or head room. A complete waste of time, energy and a flawed design. It's time to make the Mustang a real sports car. Something that not only can go fast in a straight line, but can take the corners just as well as any Japanese or European counterpart.
Define "handle" in your world. The 2011 Mustang in a recent test won by a full second over a 370z on a track. And while there are no head to head tests to date, it can match salom test of M, AMG, and S vechiles via comparison times. And said to match if not surpass the times of a M3.

And the back seat is actually pretty good. I've sat in mine, and had no problems... Granted it's not like sitting in an SUV but it serves it purpose very well.

You're logic and findings are severly flawed and based on your own perception rather than facts, which is fine as many people do it. I mean, it's one thing to have an opinion on the next gen, but another to catastrophically flame the current vechile with little to know knowledge on it's current setup.

I would just stop posting...
Old 5/18/10, 04:58 PM
Cobra Member

Good post, Tony.
Old 5/19/10, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
Define "handle" in your world. The 2011 Mustang in a recent test won by a full second over a 370z on a track. And while there are no head to head tests to date, it can match salom test of M, AMG, and S vechiles via comparison times. And said to match if not surpass the times of a M3.

And the back seat is actually pretty good. I've sat in mine, and had no problems... Granted it's not like sitting in an SUV but it serves it purpose very well.

You're logic and findings are severly flawed and based on your own perception rather than facts, which is fine as many people do it. I mean, it's one thing to have an opinion on the next gen, but another to catastrophically flame the current vechile with little to know knowledge on it's current setup.

I would just stop posting...
+1

A usable backseat area was a must for me. I have a 10 year old and a 5 year old. Soccer practice, basketball practice, etc... It had to be usable or I wouldn't buy it. It's been fine. I've even had 2 adults back there on several occasions for short trips - no complaints. Get rid of the back seat, and it would have meant no mustang for me, and I'm sure many, many others. Practicality still matters if you want to sell cars.
Old 5/20/10, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just something I've been working on. It is still very rough, but I thought I would get it out there for comments/improvements before I spent any more time on it.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-2010-red-rear-3.jpg  

Last edited by jarradasay; 5/20/10 at 09:39 AM.
Old 5/20/10, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

They say they the rocker moldings are now black on the 2010 up to reduce visually reduce the size of the car and mostly the trick works. But for the next gen, why not really get rid of the extra bulk? I did this quicky chop and just got rid of the extra 6" of body height that is blacked out on the current production cars. To me it looks so much better and sleeker (like the early Mustangs) but with the same ground clearance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 5/20/10, 01:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jarradasay
Just something I've been working on. It is still very rough, but I thought I would get it out there for comments/improvements before I spent any more time on it.
I like that very, very much.
Old 5/21/10, 10:29 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That looks good jarradasay, but the "mustang" on the back has got to go
Old 5/21/10, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Yeah, it was supposed to look embossed in the flat black, didn't turn out that way. I miss the mustang in the bumpers like the SN95s.
Old 5/21/10, 03:22 PM
GTR Member

Thumbs up

http://www.navonadesigngroup.com/

Last edited by Twin Turbo; 5/22/10 at 09:17 AM.
Old 5/21/10, 03:31 PM
GTR Member

I think a modern Lt Frank Bullitt would drive this

Old 5/22/10, 01:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks fantastic! I love the full fastback with the shorter/stubbier rear end.

And although I like the rear quarter windows as they are in the chop, maybe try a 69-70 style setup if you are looking for suggestions..

Also maybe change up the side/door details to distinguish it a little from the current generation

But like I said before, it looks great. Cant wait to see the front
Old 5/22/10, 01:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I think a modern Lt Frank Bullitt would drive this

All that effort... and they couldn't spell his name right!
Old 5/22/10, 09:12 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by zektor
All that effort... and they couldn't spell his name right!
Possibly done to avoid any copyright issues. Either that, or they can't spell
Old 5/22/10, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
They say they the rocker moldings are now black on the 2010 up to reduce visually reduce the size of the car and mostly the trick works. But for the next gen, why not really get rid of the extra bulk? I did this quicky chop and just got rid of the extra 6" of body height that is blacked out on the current production cars. To me it looks so much better and sleeker (like the early Mustangs) but with the same ground clearance.

This right here, with a bit more curvy, aggressive hip and a true fastback and you have the perfect car.
Old 5/22/10, 10:00 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Vermillion06

Love it
Old 5/22/10, 10:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Dude the 2011 in the V6 form has been able to put down some handling numbers that not even a Miata or an M3 can do. Heck the GT like many have said can hang with an M3 looking at the numbers even with its Live Rear Axle. As far as the backseat goes my girlfriends 7 year old brother fits in the back seat with the seat all the way back and my cousin shes 5'9 5'10 and can sit in the back seat with no troubles. Ford would loose more customers then gain customers, and just because you and maybe 3 of the people you asked about it agrees with you doesn't mean the majority does or else Ford would have done so already.
Wow that looks really nice man, just like others have said remove the Mustang on the back and I think Ford is going to stick with the Mustang Faux Gas Cap for a while. I really wish someone would make different tail lights for the 2010+ since they kinda resemble the first SN95 tail lights
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I like that one it looks cool

Don't we know that the Camaro going to be downsized for the next refresh so wouldn't it make sense for the 2014/15 Mustang to be downsized as also
Old 5/23/10, 04:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I think I could get used to the "Mustang".

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread