2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/13, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this is the case, I am just pleased as punch I have a '12.
Old 1/6/13, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by max5ive0
If this is the case, I am just pleased as punch I have a '12.
Same here, love my 13'; this future "styling" is scaring me...
Old 1/6/13, 09:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 550hp_2007GT_SC
So, some months ago I had the privilege of seeing some concept drawings and models in different phases of 50th anniversary Mustang stuff.

I decided to put my hand to the test and reproduce what I saw.

This is VERY close to what will be the finished product.

As much as the front does share similarities in many ways to the Fusion and Evos concepts, it reads very much like the current GT500 does from the front. The flow is very different and sporty/modern but the overall look feels more like a mustang than it does the others.

Please excuse my amateur art skills, but here it is:
You are a pretty good artist. If this is indeed what they will look like, I think it's pretty cool. The style has to evolve. It reminds me of an Aston Martin. I love those cars.
Old 1/6/13, 09:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Where's the running horse? Nice drawing.
Old 1/6/13, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by steven46746
Same here, love my 13'; this future "styling" is scaring me...
Scaring you?

Sticking with anything remotely similar to the current platform will sink the brand for many reasons.

First of all, "purists" are the very few, who cry about every new design that is released. As much as the mustang faithful, including myself, love our retro styled and 1st gen mustangs, it is time to move into the 21st century. There are those that are still love drunk on the New Edge styling. Let them, but to move forward, a repetition of any of the former is a bad play.

Most people who "hate" this look will see it in person and instantly change their minds. Of that, I can guarantee.

If the mustang looked like a lamborghini or a ferrari, people would still complain. Who doesn't want to drive a car that looks like that? Only a small minority.

Second, the current platform is completely outdated and as aerodynamic as a truck. It kills mpg, high speed handling and performance. Bringing the car in and tight will fix much of that.

FORD has done EVERYTHING right with the 50th anniversary, and the only ones that will scoff at the idea of change (in the right direction mind you) are old farts and stubborn people stuck in their own ways.

Fortunately for FORD, most people that will buy this car don't give two $#!T$ about "sticking to the tried and true" approach.

I'm shocked at the amount of negativity that has been spread about the 2015 this last year. The car will be, by far, the best Mustang ever in every single category you can come up with.
Old 1/6/13, 10:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Where's the running horse? Nice drawing.
Thanks.

Ya, I didn't put it on on purpose. I was afraid I'd screw it up. I used charcoals on cotton premium paper to draw this. Charcoals don't "erase" off the paper very well.
Old 1/6/13, 10:27 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. Design's gotta move forward. I'll be keeping my '11 and adding a '15+ for sure. Excellent render good sir.
Old 1/6/13, 10:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Scaring you?

Sticking with anything remotely similar to the current platform will sink the brand for many reasons.
I presume you mean "styling" as opposed to "platform", which I think of as the chassis underpinnings and not the body on top.

First of all, "purists" are the very few, who cry about every new design that is released. As much as the mustang faithful, including myself, love our retro styled and 1st gen mustangs, it is time to move into the 21st century. There are those that are still love drunk on the New Edge styling. Let them, but to move forward, a repetition of any of the former is a bad play.
Yes, I remember seeing articles with comments about Mustang styling looking "horrible" from 1993 onward when the SN-95 was first released. It seems that is the nature of messing with an icon.

Most people who "hate" this look will see it in person and instantly change their minds. Of that, I can guarantee.
How can you guarantee that? What would drive that change?

If the mustang looked like a lamborghini or a ferrari, people would still complain. Who doesn't want to drive a car that looks like that? Only a small minority.
Perhaps they would because looking like those cars would be in direct conflict with what I believe many would say "this looks like a Mustang", which again seems to take many to the first generation cars.

Second, the current platform is completely outdated and as aerodynamic as a truck. It kills mpg, high speed handling and performance. Bringing the car in and tight will fix much of that.
Again, I presume you are talking about the body's style rather than the chassis underneath. I agree about the impact on fuel economy, but I'd pin the handling more on the limitations of the live axle architecture affecting handling. Seems to me there is reasonable straight line stability at higher speeds that have been managed with the current styling, although I have no doubts it could be improved.

FORD has done EVERYTHING right with the 50th anniversary, and the only ones that will scoff at the idea of change (in the right direction mind you) are old farts and stubborn people stuck in their own ways.

Fortunately for FORD, most people that will buy this car don't give two $#!T$ about "sticking to the tried and true" approach.
This is yet to be seen, although if one considers the strengths of the current car (powertrains, handling in spite of the live axle rear, interior options) as a foundation, I'd say there is a very good chance people will respond positively.

I'm shocked at the amount of negativity that has been spread about the 2015 this last year. The car will be, by far, the best Mustang ever in every single category you can come up with.
I am not shocked. The styling is the single most thing that the Ford designers have to do to make a first impression with this halo car. And seeing as how the Camaro and Challenger draw on the wellspring of their original designs a lot, making a break away is a big deal, in my opinion.

Most of us have a good number of months before we will likely see something that makes or breaks it.
Old 1/6/13, 10:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes this looks to much like a SN-95 model ,, " 1998-2004 " year ,,looks alot like my old black 2003 GT ,, nice car ,, but please no more retro styling ,, move on to something better .
Old 1/6/13, 10:56 PM

Was this your base image? The wheel spokes are aligned in an extraordinarily coincidental way. The building at the c-pillar and the railing above the fender are a match as well.

Last edited by Revenant; 1/6/13 at 10:58 PM.
Old 1/6/13, 10:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Revenant

Was this your base image? The wheel spokes are aligned in an extraordinarily coincidental way. The building at the c-pillar and the railing above the fender are a match as well.

Ya ,,plus this look added ,,,,2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-03mach1.jpg,,,
Old 1/6/13, 11:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
What's the back look like?...
Old 1/6/13, 11:08 PM
Banned

Yes, that was the base image I used.

There's a reason I didn't use the Evos as the base image, because the overall silhouette of the 2014 Vanquish matches what I have seen more appropriately than the Evos does.

I used a base image because of my lack of ability to follow perspective in a drawing and keep things to scale and proportionate.

Last edited by 550hp_2007GT_SC; 1/6/13 at 11:12 PM.
Old 1/6/13, 11:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Screams Camaro from door back..
Old 1/6/13, 11:40 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I dig it. Hope it's somewhat close to that.
Old 1/7/13, 12:02 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I dig it. Hope it's somewhat close to that.
Figures.
Old 1/7/13, 12:18 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Figures.
Indeed. Chang that boring sheet metal already.
Old 1/7/13, 03:47 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Busted.

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS
Yes this looks to much like a SN-95 model ,, " 1998-2004 " year ,,looks alot like my old black 2003 GT ,, nice car ,, but please no more retro styling ,, move on to something better .
The SN95 was anything but retro.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/7/13 at 03:48 AM.
Old 1/7/13, 05:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Every car marque has a style or look that is maintained throughout the production of the vehicle, prime example is BMW 3 series and it's instantly recognized grill and body lines. Therefore, as long as FORD evolves the style/look of the mustang, as BMW have with the 3, they will continue to be successful. I believe they will do that with the 2015 and it will be successful, they have got to bring the chassis into the 21st century which will improve the car dramatically.
The only problem I see is the aftermarket will have a huge learning curve and there will be a definite time lag for aftermarket parts on the 2015.
I like the new verion and I like the current version.
Old 1/7/13, 05:20 AM

Would someone mind attaching the images in the first post for those of us on restricted networks to see?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread