2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/12, 08:38 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
If that's the case, then why keep similar dimensions? And test the new IRS on old platform? I'm not calling you out, genuinely asking...
Good questions, I wish I had an answer for you.
Old 10/21/12, 08:44 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost

Good questions, I wish I had an answer for you.
According to your avatar...
Because Aliens!!!
Old 10/21/12, 11:52 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
If that's the case, then why keep similar dimensions? And test the new IRS on old platform? I'm not calling you out, genuinely asking...
They may be happy to keep the existing dimensions but increase interior capacity a little. Depends what they see as the most direct competition. We may think the Camaro is its closest rival at the moment, but Ford may be looking ahead (and GM will likely follow Ford's lead with the next-gen Camaro) but perhaps Ford are looking a slightly more spacious 2+2s, such as the Audi A5?

As for testing IRS under an S197? Perhaps it was just some of the components they were testing, not the whole? The two mules we've seen could have just been a mis-mash of components.

Old 10/22/12, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
They may be happy to keep the existing dimensions but increase interior capacity a little. Depends what they see as the most direct competition. We may think the Camaro is its closest rival at the moment, but Ford may be looking ahead (and GM will likely follow Ford's lead with the next-gen Camaro) but perhaps Ford are looking a slightly more spacious 2+2s, such as the Audi A5?
This would certainly seem to align with the "witness" testimony that on the model he "saw", the decklid/trunk area seemed smaller visually from the outside, but the capacity inside was increased.
Old 10/22/12, 05:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be great. Obviously it is not a deal breaker, but if we could make the back seat the size of the 2008- present accord coupe we would have a pretty roomy car.
Old 10/22/12, 06:53 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt
This would certainly seem to align with the "witness" testimony that on the model he "saw", the decklid/trunk area seemed smaller visually from the outside, but the capacity inside was increased.
It's hard to compare apples to oranges and banana's when you don't have a concrete number to compare.

It could actually be smaller visually/physically or go back further and deeper to get more space. (If this is fact even true)

If it is a new platform we can't even compare, because we don't know what we are dealing with.

I believe the people at the FocGroup said it looked like the dimensions were different. Longer hood/shorter decklid....could be... but maybe its not without points of reference and actual dimensions.
Old 10/22/12, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
It's hard to compare apples to oranges and banana's when you don't have a concrete number to compare.

It could actually be smaller visually/physically or go back further and deeper to get more space. (If this is fact even true)

If it is a new platform we can't even compare, because we don't know what we are dealing with.

I believe the people at the FocGroup said it looked like the dimensions were different. Longer hood/shorter decklid....could be... but maybe its not without points of reference and actual dimensions.
And I certainly wouldn't dismiss your points as being valid. Known points of reference being compared to known points of reference. In any scientific comparison, that would be expected. That said, the main guy making these comparisons owns a 2011 GT, or at least his profile would lead us to believe so. That said, I've got to assume he's got at least a few months' worth of knowing what HIS trunk size is compared to that of the car he claims to have seen. That's all I'm saying. It lends some credibility in his favor from where I'm standing.
Old 10/22/12, 03:33 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Not discounting anything... but if I got to see a 2015 2 years ahead of schedule..
the trunk is the LAST thing I'd be trying to remember details about.
Old 10/22/12, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
Not discounting anything... but if I got to see a 2015 2 years ahead of schedule..
the trunk is the LAST thing I'd be trying to remember details about.
I think you and I are like minded.

That said, we're talking about average Joe Mustang consumer being asked to take part in a survey of a potential future product, which is a multifaceted improvement over the current version. (allegedly.)

Just knowing what we know about the legal arena's acceptance of witness testimony, it's trivial at best. "heat of the moment" plus other outstanding factors usually render witness testimony as inadmissible in court, or at least that's what I learned watching CSI for many years.

Again, that said, I'm confident you, and I, and any number of TMS members, would have had a pen and a pencil (or at least a generic understanding of styling components greater than that of a T-86 calculator) available to them to form a somewhat reliable description...

Without that, it's virtually impossible to foresee what Ford has planned...

Which continues to intrigue me, to be perfectly honest...
Old 10/25/12, 11:19 PM
GT Member

Already seen this one from Autozeitung? European version of the Mustang (Capri style)
Old 10/26/12, 12:19 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by T5owner
Already seen this one from Autozeitung? European version of the Mustang (Capri style)
It's in one of the previous 126 pages, so you're forgiven for not spotting it

I like that one. I might like it even more if they really did go all the way and give it more Capri styling cues and even badge it as such in Europe
Old 10/26/12, 07:50 AM
GT Member

Name:  2015-Ford-Mustang-Carscoop153.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  102.5 KB

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/10...d-Mustang.html
Old 10/26/12, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I think this is a great looking car. It just doesn't say Mustang to me. But I suppose that was true of a lot of the previous major redesigns. I guess I was hoping for a more pronounced hip and the C scoop or Hockey stick would be nice.
Old 10/26/12, 01:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good to me doesn't have to be any more Mustang for me or hundred thousand other people who have no specific infatuation with Mustangs.
Old 10/26/12, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

=

ME

Old 10/26/12, 02:06 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who sees GTO in the overall proportions here.
I also see Charger in the front fascia (probably the weird bars off the side of the emblem in the grill, creates the signature crosshairs of Dodge) and Camaro in the roof and back glass...
Old 10/28/12, 02:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish people would stop making speculative renderings and just wait for the real thing when it's ready to be shown.
Old 10/28/12, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I wish people would stop making speculative renderings and just wait for the real thing when it's ready to be shown.
Though I am not one of those MAKING the renderings, I find it fun to see all the possibilities people can come up with. You are faced with ups and downs that way but it's fun to see ideas of what the Mustang MIGHT be. I am eager to see what it will look like but since nothing official has come out yet, the speculation keeps my interest peaked until more details are released...it's like a fun game to keep the imagination going and the interest up until the moment of truth!
Old 10/29/12, 01:18 AM

I enjoy the heck out of coming up with new ideas and seeing what others are coming up with. For me personally, it gives me a chance to hone my graphics skills while using a subject that I'm passionate about. I will probably be one of the guys still photoshopping after the official press pics are released to visualize what the GT500, Roush, Saleen, GT/CS, etc versions will look like.
Old 10/29/12, 02:59 AM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt
I enjoy the heck out of coming up with new ideas and seeing what others are coming up with. For me personally, it gives me a chance to hone my graphics skills while using a subject that I'm passionate about. I will probably be one of the guys still photoshopping after the official press pics are released to visualize what the GT500, Roush, Saleen, GT/CS, etc versions will look like.
Take the design cues and crank out future models and facelifts for model refreshes!

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread