2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/15, 07:11 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I talked to my salesperson and she sent me a copy of the Daily Status Report the dealer receives each day. As of yesterday it shows a scheduled build date of 3/2 and a delivery date the week of 3/8.
Old 2/25/15, 07:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 15BluStang
I talked to my salesperson and she sent me a copy of the Daily Status Report the dealer receives each day. As of yesterday it shows a scheduled build date of 3/2 and a delivery date the week of 3/8.
Interesting, 15BluStang. I’ve never seen a vehicle get to your location in that timeframe. You’re welcome to keep checking with me.

Deysha
Old 2/25/15, 08:16 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No VIN yet.

That's okay, I delayed it myself by changing my mind on the premium package. Still, waiting is hard!
Old 2/25/15, 03:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Just Wondering if anyone has heard any more news about our cars being held up ?
Old 2/25/15, 03:27 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing new for me. For those that haven't been following the thread, here is what we know now. Ford had a problem with approximately 4000 cars built around the beginning of February. (From what another user posted, these are all GTs.) We don't know what the problem is and can only guess. These cars are being held by the factory even though COTUS says awaiting shipment. The countdown is automatic. So, those of us effected can't rely on it. My number disappeared along with the estimated delivery date the day after it hit 0. Ford is releasing cars now, which means they have a resolution. We don't know how long this is going to take. I ask for updates weekly on Monday. Starting next week I'm going to ask how many of the 4000 are left, and assume mine is last.

At this point we get to build up our down payments while we wait. That's not a bad thing. If anyone else has other info or corrections, please add it.

Last edited by LinckG; 2/25/15 at 03:30 PM.
Old 2/25/15, 07:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Ordered 2/24/15, Ecoboost premium convertible with PP and Navi. Exterior is Deep impact blue and interior is Ebony. This is my first time special ordering. I gave the $1000 deposit but didn't work out the financing options yet with the rep. who does this. I guess we'll do it when the car arrives. I have a few questions
1, How many miles will be on the car when it arrives, less than 10? should I refuse delivery if it's more than 10.
2, How long is it usually taking these 2015 convertibles to be delivered from the order date?
3, Anything else to look for when the car arrives? like of course an exterior inspection but anything else?
Old 2/25/15, 07:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Will3212
Ordered 2/24/15, Ecoboost premium convertible with PP and Navi. Exterior is Deep impact blue and interior is Ebony. This is my first time special ordering. I gave the $1000 deposit but didn't work out the financing options yet with the rep. who does this. I guess we'll do it when the car arrives. I have a few questions
1, How many miles will be on the car when it arrives, less than 10? should I refuse delivery if it's more than 10.
2, How long is it usually taking these 2015 convertibles to be delivered from the order date?
3, Anything else to look for when the car arrives? like of course an exterior inspection but anything else?
Yes they will do the paperwork when it arrives. One nice thing is if Incentives/rebates come up by then you get them.

1) I took ownership of mine w/ 7 miles on it (7.2 I think was the exact #).
2) Delivery is really ranged. In Idaho it took right around 7 weeks for mine, but not sure how convertible will effect your time frame.
3) My only suggestion is to try and keep the excitement down, and make sure you understand all the paperwork. Decide if you want the extended warranty they are more than likely going to offer, do you want their oil change program, etc. I declined the 7 year warranty they were pushing, and just bumped the 3 year plan/parts out to match the 5 year plan. They said I could extend it later if I wanted (before it ran out).

Just start a list of all the little questions that come to mind, and take it in w/ you. That's what I did. You have at least 6 weeks to think of things.

And congratz on the order.

Last edited by hschade; 2/25/15 at 07:51 PM.
Old 2/25/15, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hschade
Yes they will do the paperwork when it arrives. One nice thing is if Incentives/rebates come up by then you get them.

1) I took ownership of mine w/ 7 miles on it (7.2 I think was the exact #).
2) Delivery is really ranged. In Idaho it took right around 7 weeks for mine, but not sure how convertible will effect your time frame.
3) My only suggestion is to try and keep the excitement down, and make sure you understand all the paperwork. Decide if you want the extended warranty they are more than likely going to offer, do you want their oil change program, etc. I declined the 7 year warranty they were pushing, and just bumped the 3 year plan/parts out to match the 5 year plan. They said I could extend it later if I wanted (before it ran out).

Just start a list of all the little questions that come to mind, and take it in w/ you. That's what I did. You have at least 6 weeks to think of things.

And congratz on the order.
thanks, I'm super excited. I never owned a convertible before, or a turbo engine so this will be new. I hope the dealer doesn't let people test drive my car when it arrives. I got the 6MT of course. I can't wait to carve up some canyon roads. How long does it usually take to get your VIN number?

Last edited by Will3212; 2/25/15 at 08:37 PM.
Old 2/25/15, 09:34 PM
GT Member

thanks, I'm super excited. I never owned a convertible before, or a turbo engine so this will be new. I hope the dealer doesn't let people test drive my car when it arrives. I got the 6MT of course. I can't wait to carve up some canyon roads. How long does it usually take to get your VIN number?

That's YOUR car, not dealer inventory. They shouldn't let anybody drive it. They are going to call me to come see mine before they even do the inspection. They know not to put the front plate holder or the dealer badge on the vehicle. I even told them not to peel any protective coverings off when it arrives. I made sure they knew it was a big deal to me.

It took a couple of weeks for me to get my VIN.

Last edited by LinckG; 2/26/15 at 06:06 AM.
Old 2/26/15, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by LinckG
Nothing new for me. For those that haven't been following the thread, here is what we know now. Ford had a problem with approximately 4000 cars built around the beginning of February. (From what another user posted, these are all GTs.) We don't know what the problem is and can only guess. These cars are being held by the factory even though COTUS says awaiting shipment. The countdown is automatic. So, those of us effected can't rely on it. My number disappeared along with the estimated delivery date the day after it hit 0. Ford is releasing cars now, which means they have a resolution. We don't know how long this is going to take. I ask for updates weekly on Monday. Starting next week I'm going to ask how many of the 4000 are left, and assume mine is last.

At this point we get to build up our down payments while we wait. That's not a bad thing. If anyone else has other info or corrections, please add it.
Our countdown also disappeared as did the estimated delivery date. I'd like a daily update if they're really shipping those out. Our build date was 2/10/15. Last week I was told a week or two to be shipped. I don't know why Ford won't tell someone buying a $45,000 car what's going on.
Old 2/26/15, 07:47 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
No VIN yet.

That's okay, I delayed it myself by changing my mind on the premium package. Still, waiting is hard!
Let’s see what happens today, Skrapmetal. Be sure to PM me tomorrow for an update.

... Ford is releasing cars now, which means they have a resolution. We don't know how long this is going to take. I ask for updates weekly on Monday. Starting next week I'm going to ask how many of the 4000 are left, and assume mine is last.

We won’t have that number, LinckG. You can continue to check on your order though.

Ordered 2/24/15, Ecoboost premium convertible with PP and Navi. Exterior is Deep impact blue and interior is Ebony. This is my first time special ordering. I gave the $1000 deposit but didn't work out the financing options yet with the rep. who does this. I guess we'll do it when the car arrives. ...
Congrats on your new order, Will3212! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Originally Posted by k8conant
Our countdown also disappeared as did the estimated delivery date. I'd like a daily update if they're really shipping those out. Our build date was 2/10/15. Last week I was told a week or two to be shipped. I don't know why Ford won't tell someone buying a $45,000 car what's going on.
Because it is proprietary information, k8conant. Keep checking in with me.

Deysha
Old 2/26/15, 07:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by k8conant
That's pretty standard in any industry. It makes more people mad than satisfied. A lot of people would always be waiting for that one issue to pop up, or blame everything else on it. Anybody that's worked in any kind of service industry knows exactly what I'm talking about.

All we can reasonably do is hope they have the right solution to whatever it is, and that it won't take too long. Once we have our cars the mad will be over.
Old 2/26/15, 02:10 PM

Ordered my mustang in Jan. Cotusb said build date was 2/10 and delivery date 3/1, but its not showing as shipped yet. Is there any way to get more info on when it will arrive? I am so anxious to get it!!!
Old 2/26/15, 02:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by teresa318
Ordered my mustang in Jan. Cotusb said build date was 2/10 and delivery date 3/1, but its not showing as shipped yet. Is there any way to get more info on when it will arrive? I am so anxious to get it!!!
Read the last couple of pages in this thread. You're waiting with us for a while.
Old 2/26/15, 02:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by teresa318
Join the club I ordered mine back in October, ETA was 2-24-2015 Came gone and went, now with no ETA its a guessing game !!!
Old 2/26/15, 03:16 PM

Angry

Read the last couple of pages in this thread. You're waiting with us for a while.
Ugh this sucks!!!!!!!
Old 2/26/15, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jonser
Last Saturday I placed the order for my new Mustang

Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Manual Transmission
Magnetic with Black Leather seats
200A Package
Went for the spare tire

Now the wait begins. It should arrive just in time for spring.
How have you all been getting updates? Dealership, Ford????
I ordered the same, but with the PP and deep impact blue. I hope our convertibles don't take longer for delivery than the fastbacks.
Old 2/26/15, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I tried tracking my order on COTUS and it said nothing was found, how long does it take to appear in the tracking system?
Old 2/26/15, 07:15 PM
GT Member

I tried tracking my order on COTUS and it said nothing was found, how long does it take to appear in the tracking system?
For convertibles use wwwqa.cotus.Ford.com. After you get a VIN, either site will work. But only the qa site works for convertibles with just an order number. You don't have to enter the name, just order number and dealer code.
Old 2/26/15, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

For convertibles use wwwqa.cotus.Ford.com. After you get a VIN, either site will work. But only the qa site works for convertibles with just an order number. You don't have to enter the name, just order number and dealer code.
still nothing, my sales person told me she put it through this Tuesday, I'm wondering if she really did..I'm emailing her now.

Last edited by Will3212; 2/26/15 at 08:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread