Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

ANOTHER MT-82 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/13, 11:34 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GTTP

When I get mine back and the tranny shifts properly, I'm installing an MGW shifter that I have had on order since this issue began. (I've contacted MGW and they were in the process of machining the box and thus gave me about a 2 wk delay in shipping).
2014GTTP, when did you order your MGW shifter? Mine was ordered on 28 AUG and should ship thin Monday. I just want to make sure that I am nit apart of the 'delay'. I heard that they ship on average of every two weeks.

By the way, I think that the MGW is the best choice. I don't have the extreme problems that many of you here have, but I am having 2-3, and 3-4 shift problems. I have kept a manual of various types in my household for the past 23 years (learned how to drive manuals in Europe and spent 14 years driving over there) and have never been embarrassed like this. I got the shifting to a comfortable measure now. The trick is I skip 3rd whenever possible.

After over a year in my 2013 GT/TP, I am going with the MGW. Matter of act, I even had the dealer check my transmission out 6 months ago. He said that it was performing fine...

After I have come to love the Mustangs, I would not choose another; but that does not mean that I am going to let them off the hook!

The question we need to be asking our good friend is how may having the MGW affect our overall warranty? Deysha?

Not to go off topic, Deysha but can you assist me in a GT premium speaker problem? Please PM me if so.

Last edited by pcanno167; 9/8/13 at 11:41 PM.
Old 9/9/13, 01:01 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pcanno167
The question we need to be asking our good friend is how may having the MGW affect our overall warranty? Deysha?

Not to go off topic, Deysha but can you assist me in a GT premium speaker problem? Please PM me if so.
Aftermarket parts will not void “all” of your warranties, pcanno167. However, if they cause a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info. This is why I recommend speaking with your servicing dealer (service manager) before installing any aftermarket parts to your vehicle, because some of them are very strict.

Ford Racing Parts come with their own warranty and if your dealer is a FRPP dealer, they will only honor those aftermarket mods. You can locate one of our FRPP authorized dealers here.

Regarding your speaker issue; please make an appointment with your dealer, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number, and what the issue is.

Deysha
Old 9/9/13, 02:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Aftermarket parts will not void “all” of your warranties, pcanno167. However, if they cause a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info. This is why I recommend speaking with your servicing dealer (service manager) before installing any aftermarket parts to your vehicle, because some of them are very strict.

Ford Racing Parts come with their own warranty and if your dealer is a FRPP dealer, they will only honor those aftermarket mods. You can locate one of our FRPP authorized dealers here.

Regarding your speaker issue; please make an appointment with your dealer, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number, and what the issue is.

Deysha
Okay Deysha. I will check out the warranty manual and discuss with my service manager. As door the speaker situation, I will make an appointment toward the end of the month; at that time I will forward you all of the requested info.

Thanks.

Last edited by pcanno167; 9/9/13 at 02:15 PM.
Old 9/9/13, 04:19 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
By the way, I think that the MGW is the best choice.
I agree there. I may be ordering mine real soon. After all the research I have done between the MGW and the Barton, MGW is the way to go. (Not taking anything away from the Barton, but more people have the MGW and they rave about it. Some that have the Barton said if they had to do it over, would go with the MGW.)
Old 9/9/13, 05:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I agree there. I may be ordering mine real soon. After all the research I have done between the MGW and the Barton, MGW is the way to go. (Not taking anything away from the Barton, but more people have the MGW and they rave about it. Some that have the Barton said if they had to do it over, would go with the MGW.)
Yep!, mine is suppose to ship tomorrow! then I have to wait on the special order EPCO **** (same company that MGW use) to arrive. MGW do have a black shift **** with white rally 1 stripes for the 2011+ six speed that most are not tracking if that is your flavor. But I had to go direct to get a rally II shifter **** (candy red/black rally II stripes). Best of all MGW authorized me to use their LOGO since I bought the Shifter. Might not be the last of its kind, but will possibly be the first. Then again, it's a Mustang with 10s of million sold... Lol
Old 9/9/13, 07:26 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Yep!, mine is suppose to ship tomorrow! then I have to wait on the special order EPCO **** (same company that MGW use) to arrive. MGW do have a black shift **** with white rally 1 stripes for the 2011+ six speed that most are not tracking if that is your flavor. But I had to go direct to get a rally II shifter **** (candy red/black rally II stripes). Best of all MGW authorized me to use their LOGO since I bought the Shifter. Might not be the last of its kind, but will possibly be the first. Then again, it's a Mustang with 10s of million sold... Lol
Awesome man. Enjoy.
I may be ordering sometime this week/weekend!
Old 9/9/13, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome man. Enjoy.
I may be ordering sometime this week/weekend!
Thanks. I will post some pics when it's complete.
Old 9/9/13, 07:32 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Thanks. I will post some pics when it's complete.
Very cool. Looking forward to it.
Old 9/10/13, 06:07 AM

Okay Deysha. I will check out the warranty manual and discuss with my service manager. As door the speaker situation, I will make an appointment toward the end of the month; at that time I will forward you all of the requested info.

Thanks.
Great! I'll keep an eye out.

Deysha
Old 9/10/13, 04:46 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Great! I'll keep an eye out.

Deysha
Okay,

Thanks again Deysha
Old 9/12/13, 08:24 AM

Okay,

Thanks again Deysha
You're very welcome!

Deysha
Old 9/14/13, 12:42 PM

MT82 Update - The guys @ Ford turned it around and replaced the 3rd gear synchro. They stated it looked as if had gotten hot. That's a little weird but none the less I've got it back and shifts into third like butter now.

I received my MGW about a week ago and I'm putting it in today, although I'm now worn out but fighting the PIA boot. I've pulled the car back in the garage and will take up some more install tries tomorrow as my thumbs are killing me wrestling with that boot. I tried for about 45 mins to seat in on the square groove to no avail. Overall though the install went pretty good up to this point.

If anyone out there has MGW boot installation tricks I'd like to see or hear about them because out of everything in the kit this is the biggest PIA.
Old 9/14/13, 01:55 PM
GT Member

MT82 Update - The guys @ Ford turned it around and replaced the 3rd gear synchro. They stated it looked as if had gotten hot. That's a little weird but none the less I've got it back and shifts into third like butter now.

I received my MGW about a week ago and I'm putting it in today, although I'm now worn out but fighting the PIA boot. I've pulled the car back in the garage and will take up some more install tries tomorrow as my thumbs are killing me wrestling with that boot. I tried for about 45 mins to seat in on the square groove to no avail. Overall though the install went pretty good up to this point.

If anyone out there has MGW boot installation tricks I'd like to see or hear about them because out of everything in the kit this is the biggest PIA.
Yes. I just did mine yesterday. Mi got two very bad wrist and thumbs so I feel your pain. The video is almost exactly right. Once you get over the left block, start working the interior by placing your hand through the top part and pushing the bottom out. Mat the same time pull the exact area out and around the square edges. As you get one area move to the next. Keep working it. Before you know it you will be wondering how it happen. Took me about 15 minutes. Off course you know you also have to ensure that the rubber is sealed to the top and bottom of the car. Though I thought I was good, my son informed me that it was not so at the bottom. I had him pushing the exact spot while I felt his fingers through the rubber and spread the areas in one direction until it sealed.

Let me know if this all works for you or not.
Old 9/16/13, 08:04 PM

Talking

Yes. I just did mine yesterday. Mi got two very bad wrist and thumbs so I feel your pain. The video is almost exactly right. Once you get over the left block, start working the interior by placing your hand through the top part and pushing the bottom out. Mat the same time pull the exact area out and around the square edges. As you get one area move to the next. Keep working it. Before you know it you will be wondering how it happen. Took me about 15 minutes. Off course you know you also have to ensure that the rubber is sealed to the top and bottom of the car. Though I thought I was good, my son informed me that it was not so at the bottom. I had him pushing the exact spot while I felt his fingers through the rubber and spread the areas in one direction until it sealed.

Let me know if this all works for you or not.
Took your advice and it took about 15 min to put her on! Between you and me getting some thumb rest I was able to button her up. I'm still lacking the heat shield but will probably throw that on this Friday afternoon. The shifter works great, as I probably stated before I had used on before on an 07 GT/CS I had and really liked the results from that.

I ordered a set of Roush AB so they should come pretty quick and might be able to throw those on this Friday too. New is a CAI and then I'll throttle back fro a while unless I look at the N55 rear springs and an adjustable pan hard
Old 9/16/13, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Took your advice and it took about 15 min to put her on! Between you and me getting some thumb rest I was able to button her up. I'm still lacking the heat shield but will probably throw that on this Friday afternoon. The shifter works great, as I probably stated before I had used on before on an 07 GT/CS I had and really liked the results from that.

I ordered a set of Roush AB so they should come pretty quick and might be able to throw those on this Friday too. New is a CAI and then I'll throttle back fro a while unless I look at the N55 rear springs and an adjustable pan hard
Glad it worked for you. I wish I had kept my heat- shield off for a while; I may have to make a small adjustment on my shifter. Every now and then I have problems going in to second gear. I am waiting to achieve the 400 mile mark before I make the decision.

I have to do so,e research on the N55 rear springs. I have the TP but I am considering making some improvements but don't want to be getting the same level of parts as replacements. I also have to let the wifey cool down from my most recent investments. Lol.
Old 10/7/13, 07:03 AM

Cool Suspension

Glad it worked for you. I wish I had kept my heat- shield off for a while; I may have to make a small adjustment on my shifter. Every now and then I have problems going in to second gear. I am waiting to achieve the 400 mile mark before I make the decision.

I have to do so,e research on the N55 rear springs. I have the TP but I am considering making some improvements but don't want to be getting the same level of parts as replacements. I also have to let the wifey cool down from my most recent investments. Lol.
I have a hard time imagining that switching out the current suspension is a good thing since we both have TP. The e source shows that there are differences between stock GT springs and TP vs even Boss. I'm not sure I want to change what I have right now. On the other hand, if I take the money I'd be spending on N55's and PH-Bar and put that against a Roush or other total suspension package, this might be the better "buy". My car is only driven in nice weather and not every nice day, so I could make it a more track car. I never rode in a GT vs a TP/GT so I don't know if there is a seat of the pants difference. I'm wondering though if you do switch to a Roush or other after market manufacture that the ride will deteriorate. Probably so although they are using progress rate springs, don't know for sure if Ford uses that on the TP.
Old 12/23/13, 03:44 PM

dear ibznmonkey,you paid for a warranty included with your car,it's not FREE,just like car insurance.not free either. god lick on repairs all the same
Old 12/24/13, 02:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by johnbirch
dear ibznmonkey,you paid for a warranty included with your car,it's not FREE,just like car insurance.not free either. god lick on repairs all the same
What? My car was taken care of months ago. I didn't have to pay for anything. The dealer was even nice enough to let me borrow a Focus while they were working on it.