Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

ANOTHER MT-82 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/13, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent update today. Dealer just called. My car is COMPLETE! That's not the coolest news though. The adviser told me that they installed a 2013 transmission instead of the 2011 model due to the excessive synchro problems.

I didn't know the 2013 trans was different? Either way. I'm on my way to pick it up now.
Old 8/8/13, 10:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey
Originally Posted by Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
The 30 Day Test
If your new vehicle has been out of service for repair due to a defect that substantially impairs the use or market value of the vehicle due to defects covered by the warranty for a total of 30 or more days during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles, and there were at least two repair attempts during the first 12 months or 12000 miles, and the problem still exists. If no loaner vehicle was provided to you by the dealer during this time period, you pass the test. It is advisable to contact the Lemon Law Section of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) for more specific information and assistance at (888) 368-4689.
This was produced by the state? The first line after the title isn't even a complete sentence.
Old 8/8/13, 10:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Excellent update today. Dealer just called. My car is COMPLETE! That's not the coolest news though. The adviser told me that they installed a 2013 transmission instead of the 2011 model due to the excessive synchro problems.

I didn't know the 2013 trans was different? Either way. I'm on my way to pick it up now.

Keep us updated!
Old 8/8/13, 12:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
This was produced by the state? The first line after the title isn't even a complete sentence.
http://txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-...tion/lemon-law

Originally Posted by tom281
Keep us updated!
I just got home from picking up my car. It feels fantastic. No weird sounds or anything of the sort. Shifter is firm and the clutch pedal is nice and even all the way down. It shifts beautifully. Here is the list of parts that were replaced/upgraded (so they say). There's various other part numbers listed but those are for nuts, bolts, and fluids.
  • FLYWHEEL ASY - BR3Z*6375*D
  • CLUTCH ASY - BR3Z*7B546*AE
  • CYLINDER ASY - BR3Z*7A508*A
  • TRANSMISSION ASY - CR3Z*7003*C

EDIT: Just checked Ford Parts website. The part numbers I listed are for 2013-2014 5.0 Mustangs. I didn't see them cross reference to 2011-2012. I like brand new stuff!

Last edited by Ibnzmonkey; 8/8/13 at 01:19 PM.
Old 8/8/13, 03:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
That is excellent hopefully it is your long term solution.
Old 8/8/13, 03:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Awesome. They took a long time but sound like they took care of the issue without short cuts. Other dealers should take note.
Old 8/9/13, 12:51 PM
GT Member

Glad to hear that this has been resolved.
Old 8/10/13, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

After driving it a few days. I can clearly tell that this is an excellent fix. The clutch is a sledgehammer though, but it could be the fact that it is brand new.

What's the break in mileage on these? 500mi?
Old 8/11/13, 06:44 AM
Cobra Member

250-500 miles. Glad it's working. To clarify it is pretty much a 2013 tranny right?
Old 8/11/13, 04:33 PM

To keep this going a bit...I've got a 2014 GT with 450 miles and I'm having major 3rd gear grinding issues. When I try to shift quickly between 2nd and 3rd the dreaded grind and rejection happens.

I'm just saying, because you got a newer tranny that might not be the end of the story?!

I have yet to seek dealership help, hoping that maybe a transmission flush and different fluid might help and an MGW shifter install

Thoughts?
Old 8/11/13, 05:01 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GTTP
To keep this going a bit...I've got a 2014 GT with 450 miles and I'm having major 3rd gear grinding issues. When I try to shift quickly between 2nd and 3rd the dreaded grind and rejection happens.

I'm just saying, because you got a newer tranny that might not be the end of the story?!

I have yet to seek dealership help, hoping that maybe a transmission flush and different fluid might help and an MGW shifter install

Thoughts?
Forget flush, fluid etc., at 450 miles it would be parked at the dealer first thing in the morning if it were me.
Old 8/11/13, 05:21 PM
Cobra Member

Thoughts?
What you are experiencing is the shifter moving in the bracket and not being aligned with 3rd gear. A quick shift from 2nd to 3rd will cause a "lock out" or grind. Both of which are almost always followed with the clutch pedal not returning to full height.

This is not what others are having as issues. When you hear others having problems they are getting grinds under regular shifting. What you have is something that will go away as you become more familiar with the tranny and more so when you get a bracket.

Don't worry about fluid bc its not an internal thing. MGW will solve it for sure.

On a side note. With a new car you will be **** about little bumps and noises. It makes things worse when you read general text based description of issues. Try to keep in mind that most of the issues people have (although very much real) are few and far between. Your description is cut and dry. You're fine.

Last edited by typesredline; 8/11/13 at 05:27 PM.
Old 8/11/13, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
250-500 miles. Glad it's working. To clarify it is pretty much a 2013 tranny right?
Yes. I checked the part number on the Ford Parts site and the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, throwout bearing, and transmission are from the 2013 parts bin.

I am pretty happy about the fix. It drives smooth as butter. No rejections and no abby-normal sounds. I have not really dogged on it since it's all brand new. I am going to wait a couple more weeks to give it a good WOT pull.
Old 8/11/13, 10:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Parts go through revisions and if a part is backwards compatible the previous versions are used until they are gone and then the newest revision takes over.

The only difference is if something isn't backwards compatible or requires a number of parts to be so.

There may be nothing special about getting 2013 parts, it's just getting the current replacement parts, then again it may require all of those parts to be replaced to be backwards compatible and then it may be something special.
Old 8/12/13, 08:19 AM
GT Member

Site with Ford parts listing if anyone is interested.

http://www.lakelandfordparts.com/sho...riveLine=11154
Old 8/12/13, 08:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thoughts?
Your issue is 90% shifter, The rear shifter mount is soft from the factory and the movement on high RPM shifts will effect your 3rd shift especially.
Old 8/12/13, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Your issue is 90% shifter, The rear shifter mount is soft from the factory and the movement on high RPM shifts will effect your 3rd shift especially.
Agreed with this. The bracket is neccessary. Having said that though, I lost patience with trying to work around the quirks of this trannie. An AT is just so much easier to deal with and especially in racing environments. Not sure I'll ever go back to the MT again in anything but a DD. Of course I understand that's not always possible in what Ford offers stock in their higher performance cars too.

Hmm UnrealFord...momsracing? I assume you go to Empire?

Last edited by db2797; 8/12/13 at 04:26 PM.
Old 8/12/13, 09:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by db2797

Agreed with this. The bracket is neccessary. Having said that though, I lost patience with trying to work around the quirks of this trannie. An AT is just so much easier to deal with and especially in racing environments. Not sure I'll ever go back to the MT again in anything but a DD. Of course I understand that's not always possible in what Ford offers stock in their higher performance cars too.

Hmm UnrealFord...momsracing? I assume you go to Empire?
Yes, just competed this weekend.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130812_235425.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  22.2 KB
Old 8/12/13, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Yes, just competed this weekend.

Attachment 143604
Very cool! I go to tnt's at Empire frequently and actually I've seen your Boss there before too. Didn't realize it was yours on here. But it's a great looking car for sure. I've been considering seeing about doing mom's too, but the timing just hasn't worked yet. I think I'll definitely be racing the next event though. The pro-tree is fun for sure. I have to stage really deeeeeep on it though because the rollout time on my stock converter AT is sloowwww.
Old 8/13/13, 08:44 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Awesome! Thank you for the update, Ibnzmonkey!

Thoughts?
I know the members here have great suggestions regarding your concerns, 2014GTTP. I recommend you take your ‘Stang in and have it diagnosed. Also, I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service managers for your areas as well. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number as soon as possible.

Deysha

Quick Reply: ANOTHER MT-82 Thread