Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

ANOTHER MT-82 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/13, 08:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lascivious
Will the dealership not give you a loaner vehicle while your Mustang is in for repair?
The factory warranty doesn't have loaner/rental coverage.
Normally you'd need to have an extended warranty on the car, which covers the rental even if it's during the standard bumper-to-bumper period

But dealerships have other ways to cover rentals if they really wanna take care of the customer
Old 7/9/13, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew that. Which is why I was purchasing my own rental in the first place. It was a pleasant surprise they hooked me up. To be honest, I have no reason to complain. They have always been really nice and pleasant to talk to.

Plus, it's warranty work. Warranty work is free. No reason to complain about free stuff. I'll update what actually was replaced inside the transmission once that information becomes available.

I also love this Focus.
Old 7/9/13, 11:26 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey
Looks like I spoke too soon.

They just called me and asked for me to come down and pick up a loaner focus.

No enterprise rental for me! Dealership is great. Just flakey on communication.
Thank you for the update, Ibnzmonkey!

Deysha
Old 7/20/13, 05:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just bumping this out of curiosity - were your issues resolved? What was the issue, and how was it resolved?

Thanks!
Old 7/22/13, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
Just bumping this out of curiosity - were your issues resolved? What was the issue, and how was it resolved?

Thanks!
Thanks. I was going to update this today actually.

Well. Here's the short and sweet.

- Transmission was rebuilt twice - First and second still no good..

- Found hair line cracks along the welds on the drive shaft (Replaced) - First and Second WORKS! ...somehow...

- Car sits overnight and looses all clutch pressure - Bled and pressurized a few times over the next few days to get air out...

- Replaced HTOB due to suspicion of leaking air into the hydraulic system causing the low pressure situation - Clutch barely engages.

- After replacement of HTOB, hydraulic system still looses pressure when sitting for a period of time.

Supposedly Ford engineers are now on the case. I should be getting an update some time this week... That last note is the update I got today. We're almost at a month now..

But they did give me this sweet Focus. I'm getting all sorts of MPGs... At least I'm saving on gas for the time being.

Last edited by Ibnzmonkey; 7/22/13 at 08:15 PM.
Old 7/23/13, 07:20 AM

Thanks. I was going to update this today actually.
Well. Here's the short and sweet.

Supposedly Ford engineers are now on the case. I should be getting an update some time this week... That last note is the update I got today. We're almost at a month now..

But they did give me this sweet Focus. I'm getting all sorts of MPGs... At least I'm saving on gas for the time being.

Deysha
Old 7/23/13, 09:43 AM

Help

Originally Posted by FordService

Deysha
Hi

im having an issue with my service being done with my 12 GT/CS.

I went two weeks ago to do a drive along with the service manager so he can hear my whinning im having in my rear diff on deceleration so i knew the gears have a bad wear pattern n shimmed incorrectly. The Service manager Tony agreed and wrote up my service tag saying he will be ordering the gears and for me to come in last tuesday for install. i dropped off my car on tuesday like i was asked and i was expecting a day install since i dropped it off at 8am sharp. apparently they needed to order a new part so they held it back another 3 days. I called yesterday asking what was an update cause they have failed to call me multiple times for updates on my car, when i got ahold of him he said they would barley be recieving the part today at 3pm and wouldnt be done till maybe tomorrow before they close or thursday. This is kinda annoying, and to top things off the service manager said he would look into my tranny and why its grinding on 1st n 2nd occasionally but he hasnt looked into that either.
Old 7/23/13, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Interesting update today from Ford.

I received a call from my service advisor today informing me that apparently Ford JUST released some sort of "repair package" this week for the MT-82. He said it consisted of a stronger transmission (I hope it's a TR6060), revised hydraulic system, and a different clutch. My car was approved for this "upgrade" and I will be receiving an update this week on it's progress.

I am not sure exactly what is in this package but I will update when I get more info on that.

Originally Posted by Charlie 5.0
Hi

I sort of got the same treatment with my Ford dealer. Just talk it out with them and express your concerns. My service personel were more than happy to accomidate my concerns about my CS.

After that It has been clean sailing in the communication department. I've gotten daily updates by phone and so far I'm happy with getting work done for free dollars and no cents.

Last edited by Ibnzmonkey; 7/24/13 at 12:48 AM.
Old 7/24/13, 06:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts

I received a call from my service advisor today informing me that apparently Ford JUST released some sort of "repair package" this week for the MT-82. He said it consisted of a stronger transmission (I hope it's a TR6060), revised hydraulic system, and a different clutch. My car was approved for this "upgrade" and I will be receiving an update this week on it's progress.

I am not sure exactly what is in this package but I will update when I get more info on that.

Please do, and if/when you get part numbers, we'd love to see them
Old 7/24/13, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie 5.0
Hi

Hello Charlie 5.0,

Welcome to the forum! I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 7/24/13, 11:21 AM
GT Member

I sort of got the same treatment with my Ford dealer. Just talk it out with them and express your concerns. My service personel were more than happy to accomidate my concerns about my CS.

After that It has been clean sailing in the communication department. I've gotten daily updates by phone and so far I'm happy with getting work done for free dollars and no cents.

That's interesting. Sub'd to see what comes of this.
Old 7/30/13, 05:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I hope to have my car today. Apparently they had the transmission in and out so many times they stripped some of the bolts that hold the exhaust clamps together. So of course, more parts had to be ordered. Luckily it should of been done yesterday so I have my fingers crossed.
Old 8/1/13, 10:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Update?
Old 8/4/13, 06:08 PM
Cobra Member

What happened with this?
Old 8/4/13, 11:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Still don't have my car.

Kind of getting tired of getting the run around on my car. The latest update was that the transmission would be getting replaced instead of getting another rebuild. So far they've replaced the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, master/slave cylinder, and hydraulic hoses.

Might be trading up to a '13 GT500 if the significant other approves.
Old 8/5/13, 11:22 AM
GT Member

Still don't have my car.

Kind of getting tired of getting the run around on my car. The latest update was that the transmission would be getting replaced instead of getting another rebuild. So far they've replaced the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, master/slave cylinder, and hydraulic hoses.

Might be trading up to a '13 GT500 if the significant other approves.
Does you state have a "lemon law?" If so, you should see if it applies and consider using it.
Old 8/5/13, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by thebms
Does you state have a "lemon law?" If so, you should see if it applies and consider using it.
I have looked into it. In Texas the law states that...

Originally Posted by Texas Department of Motor Vehicles

The 30 Day Test

If your new vehicle has been out of service for repair due to a defect that substantially impairs the use or market value of the vehicle due to defects covered by the warranty for a total of 30 or more days during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles, and there were at least two repair attempts during the first 12 months or 12000 miles, and the problem still exists. If no loaner vehicle was provided to you by the dealer during this time period, you pass the test.
It is advisable to contact the Lemon Law Section of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) for more specific information and assistance at (888) 368-4689.
Unfortunately I believe my dealership might be privy to the law. As they have given me a Focus to use in the interm. So in technicality (or so I believe), the 30 day test does not apply. Hopefully I can get a great deal on a GT500 OR get my car back in 100% working order before things get way out of hand.

We're at 42 days and counting on this repair.

Last edited by Ibnzmonkey; 8/5/13 at 07:15 PM.
Old 8/6/13, 07:13 AM
GT Member

Most lemon law attorneys are free to use and only get paid a % of what, if any money is awarded to you. Hope you get it all worked out. I take mine in next week.
Old 8/7/13, 08:12 AM
Cobra Member

I have looked into it. In Texas the law states that...

Unfortunately I believe my dealership might be privy to the law. As they have given me a Focus to use in the interm. So in technicality (or so I believe), the 30 day test does not apply. Hopefully I can get a great deal on a GT500 OR get my car back in 100% working order before things get way out of hand.

We're at 42 days and counting on this repair.
I would give an attorney a call. Yes there are a lot of AND's in the law but your car could also be considered to be permanently affected from all the pulling and what not. That being said, a brand new tranny sounds pretty cool. They do sound like they are doing the work the right way, just taking forever to do it. Think, they could have just left the bolts all loose. But they knew it wasn't good so they ordered new ones.
Old 8/7/13, 08:58 AM
GT Member

You could also try the tx dmv hotline to gey more info without getting any lawyers involved.

Quick Reply: ANOTHER MT-82 Thread