5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/14, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it would be nice for the update to allow for a default lopey idle off. it seems like it uses a little more gas and dont want to manually turn it off every morning when i use the car for commuting.

for us trackcal guys, an option on the tool to select which way we would like the idle to default would be great, because we cant switch between tunes as easy as the key people.

Last edited by Nicul15; 7/10/14 at 09:20 AM.
Old 7/10/14, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@FR
Not Ray, but this is not an issue leaving the light on for the cat codes until you receive the update.

-Mike
Aside from this issue the Track Cal/Key really is an awesome tune. Keep up the good work!
Old 7/10/14, 12:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicul15
it would be nice for the update to allow for a default lopey idle off. it seems like it uses a little more gas and dont want to manually turn it off every morning when i use the car for commuting. for us trackcal guys, an option on the tool to select which way we would like the idle to default would be great, because we cant switch between tunes as easy as the key people.
Ooooooooo. Awesome idea!!!
Old 7/10/14, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How will people receive the update? I ask because I have the procal with the performance tune. I was told we cant get the new trackcal tune without buying yet another Procal tuner.
Old 7/10/14, 12:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by devilcaninex
How will people receive the update? I ask because I have the procal with the performance tune. I was told we cant get the new trackcal tune without buying yet another Procal tuner.
Yes but this is only because if you were to take your current procal and load only the track cal memory card into it, you would then permanently lose the performance cal. The track cal would overwrite it on the unit and the original memory card from the performance cal would be blank.

I imagine that a new memory card sent out in this case wouldn't cause the same issue. Yes, it will overwrite the original track cal thus making it gone forever. But being that the new one is an improved version and not one the is somewhat different, this won't matter. No one will want to go back to the original track cal with the cel vs people that may want to go back to the performance cal.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/10/14 at 12:46 PM.
Old 7/10/14, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
Yes but this is only because if you were to take your current procal and load only the track cal memory card into it, you would then permanently lose the performance cal. The track cal would overwrite it on the unit and the original memory card from the performance cal would be blank.

I imagine that a new memory card sent out in this case wouldn't cause the same issue. Yes, it will overwrite the original track cal thus making it gone forever. But being that the new one is an improved version and not one the is somewhat different, this won't matter. No one will want to go back to the original track cal with the cel vs people that may want to go back to the performance cal.

Makes sense however, if I understand it correctly the new Trackcal is essentially the performance cal or even an improved version of it, with the addition of launch control etc. Why would someone want to go back from it? I asked them if they could send the tune itself and was told "No you have to buy another Procal tuner" that's ridiculous in my opinion.
Old 7/10/14, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Makes sense however, if I understand it correctly the new Trackcal is essentially the performance cal or even an improved version of it, with the addition of launch control etc. Why would someone want to go back from it? I asked them if they could send the tune itself and was told "No you have to buy another Procal tuner" that's ridiculous in my opinion.

There is discussion to add a part number so customers like yourself can upgrade over the kit you have now. I dont have a time frame on when that may be available but it is moving in the right direction.

People that have Tracal will have to load the stock tune back into their car with the original SD and then load the new tune in with the SD that will be sent out.
Old 7/10/14, 01:28 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raysmust
[SNIP]

People that have Tracal will have to load the stock tune back into their car with the original SD and then load the new tune in with the SD that will be sent out.
How about those of us with TracKey?
Will we have to pay the dealer another Hour+ shop time?

Thanks,
-Bill
Old 7/10/14, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by BBM3
How about those of us with TracKey?
Will we have to pay the dealer another Hour+ shop time?

Thanks,
-Bill

No, but I cant give you all the info right now.....
Old 7/10/14, 01:42 PM
Cobra Member

No, but I cant give you all the info right now.....
Just curious. If the customer is being trusted to load the new tune through the procal or get a new key somehow without going to the dealer again. Why do we have to pay the additional $100+ at the dealer in the first place to load the tune (I do understand that the key is a bit different, but clearly you guys have a way to do it without dealers)? I was under the impression that a dealer had to do it to ensure it was done correctly for in the event the warranty was needed (on a side note I never understood this. It's not like suspension that we could destroy and then want warrantied. It's a tune. You load it and done. Nothing we can mess up.). But if FRPP is allowing essentially the whole process to be done without dealers, it's seems like this is an unnecessary step and cost. Could someone not mess up the install on this new card sent equally as if it was the very first time? Why assume liability now?

Last edited by typesredline; 7/10/14 at 01:46 PM.
Old 7/10/14, 01:42 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Ray
By the way this Trackey is awesome!
Old 7/10/14, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by typesredline
Just curious. If the customer is being trusted to load the new tune through the procal or get a new key somehow without going to the dealer again. Why do we have to pay the additional $100+ in the first place to load the tune? I was under the impression that a dealer had to do it to ensure it was done correctly for in the event the warranty was needed (on a side not I never understood this. It's not like suspension that we could destroy and then want warrantied. It's a tune. You load it and done. Nothing we can mess up.). But if FRPP is allowing essentially the whole process to be done without dealers, it's seems like this is an unnecessary step and cost.

The key was already activated by the dealer so all that needs to change is the calibration.

Because of the issues with the calibration we do not want the customer to accumulate more costs. That is why we will allow these cars to be fixed by you, the customer.

All of these customers should have already called 800-367-3788 to register for the Ford Warranty so there will not be any problems.

If anyone has not called to register for Warranty please do so now. You will need a copy of the invoice from purchasing the kit and the RO from the Ford Dealer.

800-367-3788
Old 7/10/14, 02:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Nicul15
it would be nice for the update to allow for a default lopey idle off. it seems like it uses a little more gas and dont want to manually turn it off every morning when i use the car for commuting.

for us trackcal guys, an option on the tool to select which way we would like the idle to default would be great, because we cant switch between tunes as easy as the key people.

Ray! Mike! Please talk somebody into making this happen!

Last edited by JJZ109; 7/10/14 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Restored original post as it was when answered.
Old 7/10/14, 02:08 PM

That is probably not going to happen
Old 7/10/14, 02:55 PM
Cobra Member

That is probably not going to happen
Old 7/10/14, 03:22 PM

For those of you who have not registered for warranty, don't know if your dealer registered you for warranty, etc., please e-mail me a copy of the repair (work) order as well as a copy of the receipt of where you purchased your Trackey or Track Cal and I'll make sure you guys are all set.
My e-mail address is mrobi258@ford.com

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Mike
Old 7/10/14, 10:45 PM

There is discussion to add a part number so customers like yourself can upgrade over the kit you have now. I dont have a time frame on when that may be available but it is moving in the right direction.

Thanks for all the info Ray. I will also spread the info to the other forums as mentioned prior.

One thing I must say regarding new and revised part #'s... As an aftermarket installer I've come across issues with new part #'s causing problems with CARB EO #'s, especially in CA. For example our shop installed an LS3 EROD engine on a pollution controlled vehicle, and it turns out that the EO # had been updated to the "new" EROD part # which we did not have, since we bought an "early" production. General Motors actually had us re-serialize the engine block to the revised part # so the thing would pass the visual inspection with the referee.

If a new part # is released for the update and that part # supersedes the original, a new EO decal might be required.

May not be an issue in this case but I thought I would offer the information from our EROD debacle.
Old 7/11/14, 07:58 AM

cool

Last edited by Nicul15; 7/11/14 at 08:01 AM.
Old 7/11/14, 09:31 AM
GT Member

The key was already activated by the dealer so all that needs to change is the calibration.

Because of the issues with the calibration we do not want the customer to accumulate more costs. That is why we will allow these cars to be fixed by you, the customer.

All of these customers should have already called 800-367-3788 to register for the Ford Warranty so there will not be any problems.

If anyone has not called to register for Warranty please do so now. You will need a copy of the invoice from purchasing the kit and the RO from the Ford Dealer.

800-367-3788
Ray,
How did you know I forgot to send in for the warranty confirmation I did so just now and added a note to you with your email address as I have joined the CEL club.
My dealer will not be happy to see my car again but at least they know how to do it and this time should be quick. Five hours the first time. I may need to throw a pizza party for the service department at my dealer.
Tod
Old 7/11/14, 12:42 PM
Banned

Sorry if this is a dumb question but, if I was to purchase a cold air intake and Boss 302 intake manifold and then get the track key installed. Would the tune be ok with those modds, or does my car need to remain stock with the track key tune?

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013