Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda is Officially Taking Orders on the Cam Idle Tunes

Old 3/10/12, 08:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
C,

Thanks for the feedback and just shoot Gus a note and let him know about the tune.

Thanks for the support

TJ
Old 3/10/12, 11:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got to put a few miles on the car today with the cam idle tune, my friend was really impressed, I picked him up and he said my car sounded like it had a big cam LOL. I told him it was the tune, he said it reminded him of his friends 440 cuda. He really liked it, he kept laughing when we would come to a stop and it would start shaking the car, he really thought it was cool. If nothing else this tune dose make me smile
Old 3/11/12, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dwtc
I got to put a few miles on the car today with the cam idle tune, my friend was really impressed, I picked him up and he said my car sounded like it had a big cam LOL. I told him it was the tune, he said it reminded him of his friends 440 cuda. He really liked it, he kept laughing when we would come to a stop and it would start shaking the car, he really thought it was cool. If nothing else this tune dose make me smile
Do you like it enough to run it full time? Also when you pull up to a stop does it automatically go into the cammed mode or do you have to blip the throttle to engage it.
Old 3/11/12, 05:21 PM
V6 Member

When u pull up to a stop light or sign when the car hits idle its automatically goes into cam mode. Not sure I can take the car shaking at idle everyday but to each their own. I ordered the 91 tunes and got tunes for 93. Working on getting the 91's emailed to me this week.
Old 3/11/12, 06:07 PM
V6 Member

Name:  ForumRunner_20120311_190614.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  24.5 KB

Pic of cai. This thing is huge and looks great under the hood.
Old 3/11/12, 07:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
Do you like it enough to run it full time? Also when you pull up to a stop does it automatically go into the cammed mode or do you have to blip the throttle to engage it.
I don't drive my car that much so I really can't say if I would like it full time if I drove it daily. I do like it so far.
Once the car is warmed up and the cam idle tune is operating then it stays that way so when you stop it will cam idle (no blip required)
Old 3/12/12, 08:34 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
It gets old really fast. It is a cool novelty, but that is it. Mine gets loaded up every once in a while for entertainment purposes, or to show someone....but for daily use, no.

Mike
Old 3/12/12, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dwtc

I don't drive my car that much so I really can't say if I would like it full time if I drove it daily. I do like it so far.
Once the car is warmed up and the cam idle tune is operating then it stays that way so when you stop it will cam idle (no blip required)
I'm with you in that I don't drive my car daily so I could live with it I'd guess.
Does anyone have any video from inside car to see how much it shakes?
Old 3/12/12, 08:10 PM
V6 Member

will this tune work in a boss 302 or do you guys have a cammed tune for the boss302 ?thanks.
Old 3/13/12, 04:04 AM
GT Member

Very nice tune runs smooth when driving. I like how the car shakes. I've got a 90' vert with 306, trickflow heads and trickflow stage 2 cam, and this has a similar sound and shake.

So will this type of tuning work with a set of stage -2 comp cams for even more radical sounds?

It would be nice to have about 6 liters but the cam tune turns heads.

I put a video on the last page of this thread:
https://themustangsource.com/f800/20...487106/index7/

Last edited by wproctor411; 3/14/12 at 08:09 PM. Reason: VIDEO AT LINK ABOVE
Old 3/13/12, 03:49 PM
GT Member

I just got mine loaded in and it sounds great. I will try to get a video up sometime in the next few days.

Quick question for the guys at Steeda. Earlier today before i got home to install the new tune a CEL appeared and read P219A. After i installed the new tune it went away. Any idea what it could have been?
Old 3/13/12, 06:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ooo.... yall are killing me.. I am chomping at the bit for the auto version...
Old 3/14/12, 06:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by factory fast
I just got mine loaded in and it sounds great. I will try to get a video up sometime in the next few days.

Quick question for the guys at Steeda. Earlier today before i got home to install the new tune a CEL appeared and read P219A. After i installed the new tune it went away. Any idea what it could have been?
You have an off road pipe on the car? I've seen that on cars with off road pipes. That is an 02 sensor related code. Some of the less expensive pipes out there that clamp on don't seal all that great and cause faulty 02 readings.

The 2011 cars use widebands and they compare measured air fuel ratio bank to bank, if its off it throws the code, and a pipe that doesnt seal quite right will cause this.

That is why we don't carry a low cost, clamp on off road pipe for sale.
Old 3/14/12, 09:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
You have an off road pipe on the car? I've seen that on cars with off road pipes. That is an 02 sensor related code. Some of the less expensive pipes out there that clamp on don't seal all that great and cause faulty 02 readings.

The 2011 cars use widebands and they compare measured air fuel ratio bank to bank, if its off it throws the code, and a pipe that doesnt seal quite right will cause this.

That is why we don't carry a low cost, clamp on off road pipe for sale.
Yes, that is a code for an imbalance between the left and right 02 sensors. Just clear it. I have gotten it a few times since I deleted my cats. My X pipe is welded to the over axle pipes and the cat delete pipes were professionally installed and are tight and leak free. I really don't think it has anything to do with "inferior" X/H pipes leaking, it is more of a condition experienced with conversions to offroad midpipes.

Mike
Old 3/14/12, 11:26 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mbreinin
Yes, that is a code for an imbalance between the left and right 02 sensors. Just clear it. I have gotten it a few times since I deleted my cats. My X pipe is welded to the over axle pipes and the cat delete pipes were professionally installed and are tight and leak free. I really don't think it has anything to do with "inferior" X/H pipes leaking, it is more of a condition experienced with conversions to offroad midpipes.

Mike
Thanks guys for the heads up, yes i do have O/R X pipes and i installed them myself in my driveway, alone, and on jack stands with little clearance underneath the car. I will check all the connection down there to make sure there good. Now that i think about it, it does kinda sound like there might be a slight exhaust leak at times.
All in all what your saying is its nothing to be too concerned about right?
Old 3/14/12, 11:57 AM
GT Member

Thanks guys for the heads up, yes i do have O/R X pipes and i installed them myself in my driveway, alone, and on jack stands with little clearance underneath the car. I will check all the connection down there to make sure there good. Now that i think about it, it does kinda sound like there might be a slight exhaust leak at times.
All in all what your saying is its nothing to be too concerned about right?
No, it is nothing to be concerned about. Like I said, if I have seen it a couple of times since I went catless. I clear the code and carry on.

Mike
Old 3/14/12, 08:12 PM
GT Member

Video at link below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0gw...ature=youtu.be

https://themustangsource.com/f800/20...487106/index7/[/QUOTE]
Old 3/15/12, 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wproctor411
Video at link below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0gw...ature=youtu.be

https://themustangsource.com/f800/20...487106/index7/
[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome!
Old 3/15/12, 12:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
That sounds great!!

Gus is going to start doing the R&D and see what he can do to the Boss 302 non track key. We will keep you updated to what we find.

Thanks

TJ
Old 3/15/12, 03:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds cool, Isnt the track key ecu encrypted?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steeda is Officially Taking Orders on the Cam Idle Tunes