Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda is Officially Taking Orders on the Cam Idle Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/12, 05:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Yes, we have tuning for the JLT intake.
Sweet. Is the auto tune available for order for the '13s yet? Got the $$ burning a hole in my pocket lol. If it's ready, PM me your # and extension.
Cory
Old 7/20/12, 06:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JosephCook78
Sweet. Is the auto tune available for order for the '13s yet? Got the $$ burning a hole in my pocket lol. If it's ready, PM me your # and extension.
Cory
The auto cam idle tunes aren't available yet.
Old 7/20/12, 08:07 AM
GT Member

No problem bro. Just checking.
Old 7/20/12, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JosephCook78
No problem bro. Just checking.
If you want you can shoot me a PM with your name and email address and I can give you a shout when they're released.
Old 7/23/12, 07:52 PM
GT Member

Just loaded mine tonight:

http://youtu.be/cxJzBTy9gTo
Old 7/24/12, 08:20 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tapakegovagnaps
Just loaded mine tonight:

http://youtu.be/cxJzBTy9gTo
Sweet! Nice ride. Thanks for sharing!
Old 7/31/12, 08:14 PM
Banned

I wonder how that idle would sound if you cranked the idle speed about as low as it would go and still run.... (sick!)
Old 8/3/12, 08:47 PM
V6 Member

got a question will this work on any tuner, i bought an jlt intake and bama tuning but was wanting a cam tune, will it work on the bama handheld tuner
Old 8/4/12, 02:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blk_on_blk
got a question will this work on any tuner, i bought an jlt intake and bama tuning but was wanting a cam tune, will it work on the bama handheld tuner
Yes, my tuner is from AM/BAMA, and I run the Steeda tune. Im assuming you have an SCT tuner with the bama labeling on it.
Old 8/4/12, 04:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
Yes, my tuner is from AM/BAMA, and I run the Steeda tune. Im assuming you have an SCT tuner with the bama labeling on it.
Yes mine says bama on it but on the very bottom it has a sct logo on it,
Old 8/5/12, 09:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Yes if you have an SCT unit then we can create the Cam Idle Tune.

Best Regards,

TJ

By the way some great video's on youtube of Cam Idle tunes from our customer's. If you are interested, check them out!
Old 8/5/12, 07:04 PM

How is the cam idle tune coming along for the 2013 GT automatic ?

Last edited by pebrady; 8/5/12 at 07:08 PM.
Old 8/6/12, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tron84
Is anyone else on here running the cam idle tune having issues with the car studdering and dying while trying to drive at slow speed?

For example, when backing up my driveway which is at a slight angle into my garage i cant just have my foot off the clutch in reverse and go for it. I have to more or less ride the clutch so i don't sideswipe the other car in there.
Well when going in and out with the clutch,putting load on and off the motor it keeps wanting to stall out. It will studder at like 300-400 rpm then stall.
The only way around it is if i hold the rpms at like 1500-2000 and feather the clutch. Pretty annoying.

Also i noticed if after a warm start you cant blip the throttle just a little bit cuz it will studder and stall out, seems like it needs to be reved up quite a bit to keep it from stalling.

So far not too impressed with the driveability, although it does sound really nice when its working and everything above idle is golden as well.

Edit: Next morning couldn't even pull out of the garage, car just keeps stalling. Cam idle tune has been removed.
Hopefully we can get this resolved

I’m not bashing Steeda, as I love the Steeda Regular tune. They have also answered all my emails and tried to answer all my questions in a timely manner. That said, I'm experiencing similar problems with the stalling on the cam idle tune. Today I drove 15 minutes home/to a gas station and I started it up and blip the throttle and it dies (low idle speeds 400-500 like this poster). The car was warm from the drive (and the 100 degree temperature here in Tx. ). I also have some rumbling in the drive train as well on the cam tune (not the regular tune). I hear this is normal though, and I assume it's from the shaking etc. It also feels a little less responsive on the initial punch (almost like slight lag). I'm probably going back to the regular tune as well because it runs like a beast.

I have experience in big cams in my C6 Vette. High 230s duration and it dies only once or twice a year. Just seems like this can be resolved.

Steeda CAI, triax shifter/bracket are my only mods.
Old 8/7/12, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Anyone put a car on the dyno to see what kind of power this tune is putting down?
Old 8/7/12, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stang8psi
Anyone put a car on the dyno to see what kind of power this tune is putting down?
I can speak on my tune(Bama) and as soon as you touch the throttle it will jump up into a normal idle so I would assume you will get the same numbers or in a range that is negligible...
Old 8/8/12, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I have one of lunds tunes and just wanting to know what they are putting out SAE power wise or track times.. I know what mine is doing just seeing what other companies are yeilding!
Old 8/31/12, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Yes, we have tuning for the JLT intake.
Just curious when support for those w/ a JLT intake stopped? Since I was told today that you will NOT adjust my tune for my JLT intake that I am putting on my car next week.

Also how does the tune play with the a/c on/off?

My Bama-Cam tune does all sorts of not so right stuff when the AC is on.

Also can I get a tune w/ more parameters unlocked? so for example I can bump the redline, remove top speed governor, play with idle speed, etc?

I ordered my tune on wednesday after I purchased my tunes from Bama and then they told me after the fact that I could not get a cam tune unless I changed out my mids.

That being said I recieved an automated e-mail that my order shipped on wed or thurs and I haven't seen any e-mails with a tune yet :-(
Old 9/4/12, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Just curious when support for those w/ a JLT intake stopped? Since I was told today that you will NOT adjust my tune for my JLT intake that I am putting on my car next week.

Also how does the tune play with the a/c on/off?

My Bama-Cam tune does all sorts of not so right stuff when the AC is on.

Also can I get a tune w/ more parameters unlocked? so for example I can bump the redline, remove top speed governor, play with idle speed, etc?

I ordered my tune on wednesday after I purchased my tunes from Bama and then they told me after the fact that I could not get a cam tune unless I changed out my mids.

That being said I recieved an automated e-mail that my order shipped on wed or thurs and I haven't seen any e-mails with a tune yet :-(
I believe that began in August. (not sure of the exact date)

We leave some of the End User Options available.
Old 9/4/12, 03:01 PM
Banned

so I seriously can't go with your tune (just paid you $91 and haven't gotten my tune yet) with my JLT that's going on ? well that's a shame.
Old 9/5/12, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
so I seriously can't go with your tune (just paid you $91 and haven't gotten my tune yet) with my JLT that's going on ? well that's a shame.
I believe your tune was sent to you yesterday afternoon. Please let me know if you didn't receive it.

As I mentioned to you on the phone, we are only providing cam idles for the Steeda, Airaid, or stock airbox at this time.

Quick Reply: Steeda is Officially Taking Orders on the Cam Idle Tunes