Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda is Officially Taking Orders on the Cam Idle Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 2/29/12, 03:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
The tune does not work with the V6.
Old 2/29/12, 03:21 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can always count on Steeda for outstanding craftsmanship and customer service. I was just wondering cuz i heard there were some issues with the Lund tune and was just wondering. Once i get some money ill be hitting the Steeda site. College is a major money pit right now but ill definitely be looking at parts!
Old 2/29/12, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said. I also will say that since Steeda has just released this tune when others had released it months ago it's very telling of the work that went into this tune to make sure that everything about it was correct and safe for all to run. I'm excited to get it for my 13 auto on the way.

Tj, with the auto trans do you know if the drivability of the car will suffer?? I'm sure that the car will/may shake a little while in drive but are you aware of whether the car will buck or be unsmooth coming to a stop or coming off of idle?? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
We wont be able to comment on the Jon Lund tune. They can provide the details on their tune.

When you are installing Steeda parts on your cars, please note that we are giving you the benefit of a component part that indeed will work as advertised and will not cause a direct component failure on your car. We work very closely with Ford and develop our performance parts and accessories so that they perform as necessary and will not cause another component to fail. All of our parts are engineered under strict ISO 9001-2008 certificatied standards and are specifically designed to provide worry free operation. We have had 0 issues with our CAI/Tune causing warranty issues.

Gus has his hand in every aspect of the tune writing process and with the support of Ford Motor Company and SCT, you can rest assure he has done his homework. We can't giveaway too much info in regards to our testing and engineering but we have "exhausted" the possibility of the tune causing harm.

When you purchase from Steeda you will witness first hand the Steeda difference.

Bottom line: We stand on our past record of product excellence…..you get what you pay for !

Thank You

TJ
Old 2/29/12, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The automatic is yet to be released. The delayed release is to make sure daily driving is proper. We won't release it with any drivability issues.

Going For Broke, you made a great point... Steeda is not going to rush a product just to get it in the hands of the consumer. We want to make sure all necessary steps are taken to make sure the product/tune is of the highest quality when it is sold to the consumer. For that we want to thank you for your patience while the testing is wrapping up.

Thanks

TJ
Old 2/29/12, 05:37 PM
GT Member

I have the steeda cai and 93 tune. How much would it be to get upgraded to the cam tune, i have a o/r x-pipe and think this would sound amazing with it.
Old 2/29/12, 06:01 PM
V6 Member

Ordered my combo and cam idle tune today after talking to Gus. Monday Wont be here quick enough.
Old 2/29/12, 09:48 PM
Cobra R Member

So you can get a regular "old" performance tune but basically with the cam feature added?! Or is that it's own thing and won't add any performance?
Old 2/29/12, 09:49 PM
Bullitt Member

TJ after your post on your extensive testing and relationship with Ford and SCT I will definitely finally pull the trigger on a CAI and Tune with your cammed tune. I will definitely be getting the Steeda CAI and your 93 cam tune, but do you also offer other tunes like the free tunes I think from Bama you can get when ordering from American Muscle?

Now to break the news to the wife
Old 2/29/12, 10:41 PM
GT Member

I ordered the cam tune yesterday evening and got the tune in my email early this afternoon, I installed it when I got home from work this evening. Yes this is also a performance tune, I have the Steeda cai and had the 93 tune, this is the 93 cam tune. The tune appears to be set up like the boss track key tune in the other vid that was posted of he boss track key tune. The cam idle is applied the same way as in the boss video. Once the fast idle slows down and the engine is partially warmed then you just tap the gas pedal and the cam tune kicks in. It's pretty cool and sounds great in person, I took a short drive and the car runs great. You can really feel the car shake when you are stopped but as soon as you give it a little gas it feels and drives normal.

I tried to take a vid with my I-phone.http://youtu.be/KY1gf8XUXRg
It sounds much better in person.

Thanks Gus for the help and fast service.

Note: when you order make sure you have the code from your pcm and the number on the sct tuner and your list of mods when you call.
Old 2/29/12, 11:35 PM
FR500 Member

Sounds mean! How bout start up and normal driving?
Old 3/1/12, 07:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

We provide a free tune update for a part that requires a tune update as long as that part came from us.

If it is a NEW Steeda part from an authorized dealer who cannot provide their own tune we could give the consumer a tune update. We would just need proof of purchase that you indeed ordered our tune.

Thanks

TJ
Old 3/1/12, 07:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

DWTC,

Thanks for the very informative feedback. We appreciate the real world response in regards to our Cam Tune. We can post videos, tell how well it will work, etc.. But once the consumers is able to back up or claims then our job is done!!! JK our job is never done, but feedback is always welcomed!!

There is no power difference between the cam idle tune and a standard performance tune. Only the cam sound at idle is the difference.
Old 3/1/12, 07:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The cam idle tune is its own, complete, separate tune and they are currently being offer at $90.00.

Please give us a call at 1-800-950-0774 to place your order!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/1/12, 07:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Grifftech,

You always break the news like that on a Friday night at her favorite restaurant (LOL).

Thanks

TJ
Old 3/1/12, 06:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Can i just update to that cam tune for free if i already have your 93 tune and CAI ! Or is it still $90 ! Thx
Old 3/2/12, 06:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
... waiting.... for automatic tune......
Old 3/2/12, 11:15 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by ShaneGT
... waiting.... for automatic tune......
Welcome aboard sir
Its gonna be good once its released
Old 3/2/12, 11:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
Welcome aboard sir
Its gonna be good once its released
yes it will be, with steeda releasing it, I wonder if AM will now go into making it... i already have free tunes for life with them.
Old 3/2/12, 01:14 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by ShaneGT

yes it will be, with steeda releasing it, I wonder if AM will now go into making it... i already have free tunes for life with them.
As do I.... Loophole
Old 3/2/12, 02:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The tune is still $90.00 because it is a new complete seperate tune.

Thanks

TJ

Quick Reply: Steeda is Officially Taking Orders on the Cam Idle Tunes