Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda is Officially Taking Orders on the Cam Idle Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/12, 09:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
I believe your tune was sent to you yesterday afternoon. Please let me know if you didn't receive it.

As I mentioned to you on the phone, we are only providing cam idles for the Steeda, Airaid, or stock airbox at this time.
Yes! I received it later in the afternoon, and it is AWESOME. I did a review. So far I like it better than the bama.

That really sucks though.

I can use the bama, and it's cam tune isn't as good, but I can use my JLT. Yours does the whole cam thing better though...

drat... I'm at a crossroads.
Old 9/5/12, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Yes! I received it later in the afternoon, and it is AWESOME. I did a review. So far I like it better than the bama.

That really sucks though.

I can use the bama, and it's cam tune isn't as good, but I can use my JLT. Yours does the whole cam thing better though...

drat... I'm at a crossroads.
Glad to hear you like it, thanks!
Old 9/5/12, 04:42 PM
Banned

well I wrote a review on it. It's not perfect. Nor is Bama, thankfully for you. Might be due to my manipulation of the idle speed, but we shall see, as I bring the idle closer and closer to what would likely be "stock" v.s. my tweaking.

I'm having lots of stalling.

So do you have a money back guarantee for those that bought a tuner from someone else, then went out of their way to get the Steeda tune, but have issues with it continuously stalling?

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 9/5/12 at 05:53 PM.
Old 9/6/12, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
well I wrote a review on it. It's not perfect. Nor is Bama, thankfully for you. Might be due to my manipulation of the idle speed, but we shall see, as I bring the idle closer and closer to what would likely be "stock" v.s. my tweaking.

I'm having lots of stalling.

So do you have a money back guarantee for those that bought a tuner from someone else, then went out of their way to get the Steeda tune, but have issues with it continuously stalling?
We'll definitely try to get it resolved for you!
Old 9/29/12, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Now that this tune has been out for some time is their a consensus amongst those who have it, ie. would you buy it again? How many use it as their everyday tune? Does the novelty outweigh the reduced gas mileage, stalling and some of the other issues that have been mentioned? I ask because I'm considering a Steeda CAI for my Boss. My car is already tuned and the tuner will adjust it for the CAI so I won't NEED to get a tune from Steeda.
Old 9/29/12, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 65sohc
Now that this tune has been out for some time is their a consensus amongst those who have it, ie. would you buy it again?
No

How many use it as their everyday tune?
No way

Does the novelty outweigh the reduced gas mileage, stalling and some of the other issues that have been mentioned?
Yes, but only because i rarely use it it's not really an issue.

All this is of course is just my opinion
Old 10/1/12, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Now that this tune has been out for some time is their a consensus amongst those who have it, ie. would you buy it again? How many use it as their everyday tune? Does the novelty outweigh the reduced gas mileage, stalling and some of the other issues that have been mentioned? I ask because I'm considering a Steeda CAI for my Boss. My car is already tuned and the tuner will adjust it for the CAI so I won't NEED to get a tune from Steeda.

Aside from a short stint running E-85 a few weeks ago, I've been running Steeda's cam tune on my daily driver '12 GT since about March or April. I've since put over 10,000 miles on it, and couldn't be happier. Completed several road trips, sat in hours of traffic, and still love it.

Gas mileage is not decreased anywhere near as much as the equivalent Lund cam tune. Assuming you don't spend long, extended periods idling, you may not even notice a decrease from stock.

So long as I blip the throttle when starting the car, it will never stall. If you know how a drive a big cam car (and aren't Danielle's car, which seems to have a mind of its own!) you won't have any issues with stalling.
Old 10/3/12, 03:27 PM
Banned

I am convinced it's something about my '13.