Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

2013 Shelby GT500 on eBay... Let the ADM's begin!

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/12, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to wonder who is worse the stealers who mark them up or the idiots that pay it. Ford will build as many GT500s as they can sell. Supply and demand are not in play. Im a cost plus guy myself and msrp is out of the question. Not that I will be buying one but thats how I operate whether it be a Toyota Corolla or a Gt500 and I can live without either.

As time goes along prices will become cheaper and cheaper and the fools that pay over msrp will take a huge bath down the road for being foolish. Used car values always represent the lowest price paid new. That said these cars will likely hold resale better than most but its still just a car and its only going to be limited to those who can afford them.
Old 5/26/12, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dear whiners, all you guys want the best deal you can get, but you have a problem with the other guy (dealer) trying to get the best deal he can get. If it's more than you can afford or want to pay, just move on and keep looking, not everyone is meant to own one.
Old 5/26/12, 11:25 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Dear whiners, all you guys want the best deal you can get, but you have a problem with the other guy (dealer) trying to get the best deal he can get. If it's more than you can afford or want to pay, just move on and keep looking, not everyone is meant to own one.
I never looked at it that way joe, you got a good point! I obviously cant afford a new gt500 and thats why im goin to settle for a 2010-2012 second hand gt500
Old 5/26/12, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Actually, you are incorrect.

This isn't Ferrari where they control output. Ford and Shelby will build as many as possible, it's the dealers that ruin the market, Shelby said it in his last appearance , he builds his cars to out perform exotics for the working man.

There are a boat load of 2011s and 12s here now sitting in Ontario , below list... For fun I went and put an offer on a Shelby 2011 for 50k .... They wouldn't let me leave, but back in August 2011 when I offered to pay 63 which was list they told me I need to pay 65.... I will enjoy them sitting and chocking on this car all summer, they deserve it..... Greed is only good to a certain point.
Old 5/26/12, 12:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by BigR

This isn't Ferrari where they control output. Ford and Shelby will build as many as possible, it's the dealers that ruin the market, Shelby said it in his last appearance , he builds his cars to out perform exotics for the working man.
Uh...yes, they are going to be limited, to the number allocated by ford to the dealers. Both Jeff and Brian have mentioned this more than once. Again, if people are rich enough or stupid enough (or both), then they will pay the inflated prices. It's not the dealers who are justifying the ADM, it's the people who pay it. If no one pays over MSRP, no dealership would list them so highly.
Old 5/26/12, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Uh...yes, they are going to be limited, to the number allocated by ford to the dealers. Both Jeff and Brian have mentioned this more than once. Again, if people are rich enough or stupid enough (or both), then they will pay the inflated prices. It's not the dealers who are justifying the ADM, it's the people who pay it. If no one pays over MSRP, no dealership would list them so highly.
There are a dozen here sitting 2011 and 2012 s - want one ?
Old 5/26/12, 12:45 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
how is this not supply and demand? if they had 10 gt500s on each lot the price would be lower.. but they only have 2 or 3 on some lots. Some dealers will not even get one. Thats classic S&D..
Old 5/26/12, 12:47 PM
Banned

There are a boat load of 2011s and 12s here now sitting in Ontario , below list... For fun I went and put an offer on a Shelby 2011 for 50k .... They wouldn't let me leave, but back in August 2011 when I offered to pay 63 which was list they told me I need to pay 65.... I will enjoy them sitting and chocking on this car all summer, they deserve it..... Greed is only good to a certain point.
You're quoting Shelby!!!! Even I find that ridiculous, when Shelby is asking me to pay 70.00 for an air filter and how much is that working mans GT1000? LOL You missed the whole point, so I'll try and clear it up. The bottom line is the dealer can put whatever price they want on it, nobody is forcing you to pay it.
Old 5/26/12, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

You're quoting Shelby!!!! Even I find that ridiculous, when Shelby is asking me to pay 70.00 for an air filter and how much is that working mans GT1000? LOL You missed the whole point, so I'll try and clear it up. The bottom line is the dealer can put whatever price they want on it, nobody is forcing you to pay it.
Not disagreeing, I am all for the free market....that's why I'm happy to see them chocking on the ones sitting here right now

Pretty stupid if you are getting offers at list and refusing to sell the car.
Old 5/26/12, 12:54 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not disagreeing, I am all for the free market....that's why I'm happy to see them chocking on the ones sitting here right now

Pretty stupid if you are getting offers at list and refusing to sell the car.
no stupid if you are pocketing 10g's for waiting alittle or selling fro msrp later.
Old 5/26/12, 01:09 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Mr. Shelby had blown smoke right up your butt then. The mustang from its conception had always been a sports car for the "working man". The Shelby GT500 mustang since its conception, has never been a car for the "working man". In 1968 the construction worker or the mechanic didn't buy a Shelby. The guy that they worked for bought one. Same as it is today. This is a $60k mustang and yes if I had a $60k budget for a toy, I would buy one. But this car is FAR FAR FAR from "blue collar". Best car for $60k, hell yeah. $60k for a mustang, meh. There is a different breed of mustang owners nowadays since the debut of the Boss302 and now the 13GT500. Lots of people who wouldn't otherwise even look at a mustang now jumping on the performance number bandwagon.
And Joe is correct. This car is not for everybody.
Old 5/26/12, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Mr. Shelby had blown smoke right up your butt then. The mustang from its conception had always been a sports car for the "working man". The Shelby GT500 mustang since its conception, has never been a car for the "working man". In 1968 the construction worker or the mechanic didn't buy a Shelby. The guy that they worked for bought one. Same as it is today. This is a $60k mustang and yes if I had a $60k budget for a toy, I would buy one. But this car is FAR FAR FAR from "blue collar". Best car for $60k, hell yeah. $60k for a mustang, meh. There is a different breed of mustang owners nowadays since the debut of the Boss302 and now the 13GT500. Lots of people who wouldn't otherwise even look at a mustang now jumping on the performance number bandwagon.
And Joe is correct. This car is not for everybody.
Let's see ....100k for an audi r8 , 150k for a 911 , 200k for used Ferrari or lambs (ball park) .... 65k for a Shelby which can hang with the above on the track in Germany .... Sounds about as close to blue collar you can get To me

Last edited by BigR; 5/26/12 at 02:06 PM.
Old 5/26/12, 02:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
no stupid if you are pocketing 10g's for waiting alittle or selling fro msrp later.
We aren't talking 10k in this thread now are we....reread the posts...mark up is north of 20.
Old 5/26/12, 02:21 PM

Let's see ....100k for an audi r8 , 150k for a 911 , 200k for used Ferrari or lambs (ball park) .... 65k for a Shelby which can hang with the above on the track in Germany .... Sounds about as close to blue collar you can get To me
$30-40k maybe. Possibly Boss302. Performance wise it's a great deal no doubt. $60k mustang is not a good deal though. If you can afford a R8 or Ferrari, yeah the Shelby is cheap. But you won't find many 20 and 30 year old guys being able to swing that note. It's gonna be older buyers and the pretty well off that are gonna buy these. Thats why the GT's are selling so well. Quit letting Obama tell you what middle class working men can afford. Otherwise half the people here would have their orders in already. But that really isn't the case is it? Maybe $60k is a drop in the bucket for you, which puts you into a much higher tax bracket than most of us "working men"
Old 5/26/12, 02:23 PM

Oh and BTW. My $25k cobra can hang with most of those cars too
Old 5/26/12, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh and BTW. My $25k cobra can hang with most of those cars too
Old 5/26/12, 02:36 PM

Gotta say though, the 2013 Shelby would be great if I could allow myself to spend that kind of cash on a car. Just wish it didn't say Shelby.
Old 5/26/12, 02:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

One can buy a 5.0, put a with a few after market modifications one including a super charger and it can run with the Gt500 for 20 to 25 k less! Just saying. Always buy a little side cobra emblem to make one feel better.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 5/26/12 at 02:39 PM.
Old 5/26/12, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

Gotta say though, the 2013 Shelby would be great if I could allow myself to spend that kind of cash on a car. Just wish it didn't say Shelby.
Whats wrong with the name shelby?
Old 5/26/12, 03:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

One can buy a 5.0, put a with a few after market modifications one including a super charger and it can run with the Gt500 for 20 to 25 k less! Just saying. Always buy a little side cobra emblem to make one feel better.
Make it run like a cobra... Yes! Make it look like a cobra... Yes! But it still wont be a cobra

Quick Reply: 2013 Shelby GT500 on eBay... Let the ADM's begin!