2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Official Bullitt Release & Pix!

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/07, 08:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love this new feature on the engine!
"Bullitt can run on either premium or regular fuel. Ford recommends premium fuel for optimum performance, but the adaptive spark ignition will adjust the spark to burn regular fuel without damaging the engine. "
I wonder if it will be a standard feature on 2008 V8s?
I like Bullittgreen's exterior mods better than the factory's version.
Overall the new Bullitt is still a great value!
Old 11/6/07, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Whammer
I think many of you are forgetting about "safety". I'm willing to bet the twin vented hood would not be safe- or would have to go through too much safety testing. Likewise the blocking of the grille probably has something to do with reducing air flow so the hood doesn't come flying up in your face.
1/4 window louvers probably reduce visibility far too much and are a safety concern.
ummm, there's a twin vented hood on the Terminator and the GT500... And it's not like Ford has any hesitation issues putting would-be model specific parts on other Mustangs (99-01 Cobra hood -> 03 V6, 01 Bullitt wheels -> every GT since, etc)... so i don't see what the big hold up would have been in putting a twin vented hood up there...

and Roush has 1/4 window louvers, so why can't Ford?
Old 11/6/07, 08:51 PM
Cobra R Member

You want more power? What do you think you would be paying for 400HP? $5000 at least- just for the power. Next- do you think Ford is going to sell 7700 Bullitts with 400hp? No way. This car HAD to be a daily driver. 400HP is not a daily driver.
I think Ford had to do one hell of a balancing act on this car and I think they did a great job. Come thursday I will be placing my order.
Old 11/6/07, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I love the fact that this can be driven with regular fuel over premium, if i want to race i'll run premium, but i don't usually do that, that's probably what won me over. I knew i wanted the Bullitt, but i did not want to pay premium, as this is a daily driver.
Old 11/6/07, 08:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
I just don't get why anyone is disappointed in this car, it is exactly what frank Bullitt had in '68:
  • Highland Green GT
  • GT badging removed
  • Mild performance upgrades
  • Handling upgrades
  • Upgraded Sterering Wheel
  • Unique Wheels - Bullittt type wheels in a different color than normal
I hear people saying it needs a different hood and a supercharger,etc. The original did not a hood different from the regular GT and it did not have a supercharger either.

i dont like the look of the 05+ v6 mustangs. it could be just me. i dont like the look of the stock mustang gt hood. it could be just me. its not that they did change the hood and the look of the base mustang its that i thought they lacked style to begin with.

i like the way they stripped badging, added a little to the brakes and engine air flow(in and out) and gearing. i really like the price! ford did a good job, it just looks ordinary not special. clean rocker panels and a small front spoiler would have gone a long way!

were the 03 svt vents a safety issue. even something like the 07 gt500 show car hood would have been sweet!
Old 11/6/07, 08:54 PM

You can't really blame Ford- these things are a bit out of their control.

ford builds the car who else do you blame

Hollywood you are the most negative guy on this site.

at least he speaks his mind

Well it's less than that and you can't even say it's a good value for the money. Already you're trashing this car.

at least he is honest

Well soon I will have 1 of only 700 Bullitts here in Canada and I will love every second of driving it!!
he knows what he wants and maybe you are easier to please
Old 11/6/07, 08:54 PM
GT Member

You want more power? What do you think you would be paying for 400HP? $5000 at least- just for the power. Next- do you think Ford is going to sell 7700 Bullitts with 400hp? No way. This car HAD to be a daily driver. 400HP is not a daily driver.
I think Ford had to do one hell of a balancing act on this car and I think they did a great job. Come thursday I will be placing my order.
the cts v is one hell of a daily driver. and you can find them for 25k now too!
Old 11/6/07, 08:55 PM
Cobra R Member

I don't think the GT500's hood is what folks wanted on this. They want twin vented hood design you can get in the aftermarket. I'm sure they are safe enough- but a major auto company like Ford has to meet higher standards.
The cost to develop and test a similar twin vented hood for only 7700 cars would probably drive production costs and ultimately MSRP higher then they wanted to price this car.

Hell you can get a vented hood for about $500. Seems easy enough customize it, if so desired.
Old 11/6/07, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

I disagree. Ls2 GTOs are great cars but are butt ugly. 400 hp is not too much power. I think the 4.6 mod engine just doesnt have much more in it NA. Thats why Im holding out for the new Boss series.
Old 11/6/07, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
speaking of... lol, they couldn't spare a little red paint for the calipers??
and what about my mudflap rocker panels??
Old 11/6/07, 08:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by on d bit
the cts v is one hell of a daily driver. and you can find them for 25k now too!
What's that got to do with a Mustang? You think you're getting a 400hp stang for 25k?
You think the new Camero or Challenger will be 25k? You'll be paying over 40k for them.

Originally Posted by goesfast
Hey Bullittgreen. Nice car!! Did you paint the space between the tail lights or is that a type of sticker? Just wondering................
thats black textured paint. everything black on the car is the same paint, roof strips, wheels, grilles, mirrors,(which i made myself). and the green is 68 highland green.

Originally Posted by chevys
I like the car and like the price. I just wish Ford would get serious with some more power. I admit in my older age that I am starting not to look at total power only but looking harder at the total package. Still, there is no excuse for Ford not to give us more power. The next Camaro and Challenger will both be 400+ hp with a much larger displacement. Im praying to God that the new Boss engines find their way into the stangs with a much larger displacement to keep us competitive. Im holding out until then.
hoping for a new boss or mach 1 soon
Old 11/6/07, 09:01 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
... 400HP is not a daily driver...
It can be. And it is lots of fun too.

It appears you might be confusing the ability to afford a unique and limited production SE with having a SE most would feel no need to seek performance upgrades.
Old 11/6/07, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Great looking BULLITT! You did a great job on the exterior, better than Ford, and commend you on the fantastic job you did on the one of a kind hood.

The one set back is the tacky stick on interior trim pieces, a la Roush. They look cheap and out of place. No offense meant.
no offense taken. the 68 had a wood dash so i felt compelled. its the best looking kit i could find better than the trans am -ish 08 look though i think. its alright just not for this particular se
Old 11/6/07, 09:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by le1969
hoping for a new boss or mach 1 soon
And you guys will rip it too bits too!
Not enough (fill in the blank). Too much money!
As for hoping for one soon- I think you've got at least a year to wait. And by that time the gas crunch will crush all plans of a high hp Stang.
You guys all seem to forget that Ford is in business to make a profit and not supply a tiny sector of the market huge hp at a low price.

A Boss or Mach 1 is probably going to be about the same price as a GT500. I doubt many of you will be lining up to buy one.
Old 11/6/07, 09:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11/6/07, 09:06 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by bullittgreen
no offense taken. the 68 had a wood dash so i felt compelled. its the best looking kit i could find
I had a '68 GT and understood your reasoning, nevertheles...
Old 11/6/07, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
It can be. And it is lots of fun too.

It appears you might be confusing the ability to afford a unique and limited production SE with having a SE most would feel no need to seek performance upgrades.
I agree 100%

Quick Reply: Official Bullitt Release & Pix!