What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/15, 05:44 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Detailed her for a show tomorrow.

More pics in the Latest Pics thread…

Looks so good. Love the color. Your shots always make me think of a blue glass Christmas ornament.
Old 9/17/15, 07:57 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by John H
Why thank you sir. I'd be lying if I said your car didn't inspire me to get them for mine.
LOL... no prob. Thanks John

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Can someone please photoshop the niche milans on my car?

Please?
Alex, those guys are right... I think your current wheels look great on it.

Originally Posted by laserred38
Omg do something else!! Why do you guys all want the same wheels??
Patrick, there's a reason... it's because it's that good. Don't be h8ing all the time. LOL.

kidding.

Imitation = since flattery? hahahaha

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
The only thing you need to do to your Mustang is to swap out that interior with mine.

Seriously, your car is outstanding. The way it is, is the way it should stay. Congrats on a very stunning head turner.
Agree.

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Alex, I know alot of people like the Milans, but i have to say I am not one. I think they look great on some colors, but I don't think black is one. Don't jump on that bandwagon!
Ouch Darren! that hurts!

kidding man... wheels are like colors, people like some and hate others. All ok.

They're so played out, but then again so are AMRs. The worst fact is that the Milans, Vossen CV3s and others have been copied by a bunch of other companies - Rovos, ESR, etc.
So... you just want people to copy yours? I kid.

All good guys. That's why there's many options, pick and choose what you all want. Freedom. It's a good thing.
Old 9/17/15, 07:58 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by VidPro
Looks so good. Love the color. Your shots always make me think of a blue glass Christmas ornament.
Thanks so much sir... that's one of my fave pics from last week.
Old 9/17/15, 08:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

No I don't want people to copy my wheels lol. I want to have some originality. That's why I sold my Niches as soon as I saw someone else put them on a silver Lexus across the street from my work. I hate having stuff other people have.

Yes, Mustangs are a dime a dozen and it's hard to be unique, but I know I am literally the only S197 with my wheels because I had them custom powdercoated, and it didn't even cost me that much to have an idea and follow through with it.

I think the Internet has really made it hard to be unique, and I'm sure you'd never see another Mustang with your wheels around your area, but the online community is much more broad, so I'd rather not see pics all over the forums and Instagram with other Mustangs having my exact same wheels. I want to leave a mark on this community and have everyone remember me for those little details, not blend into the crowd.

Just sayin...
Old 9/17/15, 09:57 AM
I Have No Life

No I don't want people to copy my wheels lol. I want to have some originality. That's why I sold my Niches as soon as I saw someone else put them on a silver Lexus across the street from my work. I hate having stuff other people have.

Yes, Mustangs are a dime a dozen and it's hard to be unique, but I know I am literally the only S197 with my wheels because I had them custom powdercoated, and it didn't even cost me that much to have an idea and follow through with it.

I think the Internet has really made it hard to be unique, and I'm sure you'd never see another Mustang with your wheels around your area, but the online community is much more broad, so I'd rather not see pics all over the forums and Instagram with other Mustangs having my exact same wheels. I want to leave a mark on this community and have everyone remember me for those little details, not blend into the crowd.

Just sayin...
I respect that, Patrick. You have valid points. Bottomline is, you want to be unique and different, even with a "common" platform such is the Mustang, right?

That's ok.

However, other people like me or others, don't have an emphasis (as strong) as yours, in regards to differentiation. It's your MIR (most important requirement), but not necessarily our MIR. I don't mind having the same mods as other people, and I don't mind if other people have the same mods as me. I guess that's just me. People have certain mods because they like them, and they have a benefit to them. I'm not going to base my decision on whether Joe Schmo across the street has them or not. It looks good on his car? Great! It looks great on my car too. I love my car for what it is and what I want it to be, not for what someone else wants it or their own to be.

Just my 2 cents.

Again, I get your points, and I respect it. You are entitled to do whatever your want. And IMO, your car and the mods you chose make it definitely unique, and it looks great.
Old 9/17/15, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being different is good, but doesn't control the way my car looks. I "copied" Steve on his stripes only because it looked so good I knew that's how I wanted my car to look.

I feel like everyone needs to change their wheels right away to have a different look, but now it's almost different to keep the stock wheels. IMO it's easy to keep the Brembo wheels because they look awesome!

Name:  cVmy6aA.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  3.35 MB
Old 9/17/15, 11:13 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfink114
Being different is good, but doesn't control the way my car looks. I "copied" Steve on his stripes only because it looked so good I knew that's how I wanted my car to look.

I feel like everyone needs to change their wheels right away to have a different look, but now it's almost different to keep the stock wheels. IMO it's easy to keep the Brembo wheels because they look awesome!

It is always a pleasure to see your car. I like it!
Old 9/17/15, 11:15 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts

Ouch Darren! that hurts!

kidding man... wheels are like colors, people like some and hate others. All ok.
I definitely don't hate yours lol. Quite the opposite. You've executed it beautifully.
Old 9/17/15, 12:16 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
A bit of front lawn detailing today before this evening's cruise.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-c6.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-c10.jpg  
Old 9/17/15, 12:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

All good guys. That's why there's many options, pick and choose what you all want. Freedom. It's a good thing.
I don't think there's enough options out there! I've been trying to decide on wheels since I bought my car and still haven't found anything I have to have. With my '02 I knew I wanted either Bullitts or FR500s. With my '14 I'm having a much harder time. Not a fan of the silverish Brembos on black and don't want an all black wheel either. Leaning towards M/T SC-5s, but I'm not totally sold on those either. That's one of the problems with less popular wheels. You don't always know how they'll look until you mount them.
Old 9/17/15, 01:44 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,719 Likes on 1,223 Posts
Car looks killer! Awesome color combo!

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Just moved to underhood goodies since I've done everything I wanted to the interior already. Added the gt500KR STB, got the ROUSH strut tower caps in black, the Radiator caps in black chrome (from the Roush blackjack), and the oil cap cover in chrome. All the CF under the hood came off my 13' except the CF (hydrodipped) JLT CAI.
Looking good Bryan.

Very nice.
Old 9/17/15, 01:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can someone please photoshop the niche milans on my car?

Please?

Love the black and red, for obvious reasons!

Right?! LOL! Every time I think of getting new wheels, I look at mine and really like they way they look, I just want more meat on them (since I won't be lowering my car)!

Looking good!

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I don't think there's enough options out there! I've been trying to decide on wheels since I bought my car and still haven't found anything I have to have. With my '02 I knew I wanted either Bullitts or FR500s. With my '14 I'm having a much harder time. Not a fan of the silverish Brembos on black and don't want an all black wheel either. Leaning towards M/T SC-5s, but I'm not totally sold on those either. That's one of the problems with less popular wheels. You don't always know how they'll look until you mount them.
There are probably half a dozen I like for my car, but nothing that I *need*. I know I want a charcoal/gunmetal color, but that's about it...
Old 9/17/15, 01:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Looking good Tom. AS usual.
How's the back doing? I assume better?
Old 9/17/15, 04:01 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Everyone is posting their awesome looking Mustangs,....I might as well join in the fun!
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-094830.jpg  
Old 9/17/15, 06:31 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Looking good Tom. AS usual.
How's the back doing? I assume better?
Ditto Tony. Yours is electric as always. Whenever I think you're going to post a pic, I put on sunglasses in preparation.

Yeah, the back is better...not 100%...but I've learned to pace myself and give it a rest. I still can't do a proper detailing all in one day; instead I have to spread it out several hours at a time and over a couple of days. No big deal. I'm just glad I can work on it. Where there's a will, there's a way. Despite the hassles of black, I really enjoy keeping it spiffy. It's my Zen moment. Thank you for asking.
Old 9/17/15, 07:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
I think the Internet has really made it hard to be unique, and I'm sure you'd never see another Mustang with your wheels around your area,
but the online community is much more broad, so I'd rather not see pics all over the forums and Instagram with other Mustangs having
my exact same wheels.
I want to leave a mark on this community and have everyone remember me for those little details, not blend into the crowd.

Just sayin...
So going by your way of thinking, I shouldn't get the Milan Niches because somebody else on the Interwebz has them.

Never mind that there isn't ONE other Mustang in my area with those wheels on it.

It matters that some stranger somewhere in the world has them, so I should avoid them.

Yeah ... no ..... don't think so.

I love the way those wheels look, and while they might be similar to the Vossens and other newer designs,
I couldn't give a rat's a$s if somebody else had them ...

Even the "played out" AMR's are super rare around here ... my car has them, and I have yet to see another Moostang with them on it.

So while some things might be popular within a small community that is an online forum,
they're certainly not automatically commonplace in the everyday world.

So yeah ... I'm gonna look to sell my "played out" AMR's and I'm gonna get some "played out" Milans.
My car, my money, my idea of what it should look like.

Last edited by Gabe; 9/17/15 at 07:52 PM.
Old 9/17/15, 08:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Yeah I was agreeing with you, that because someone online has them, you won't actually see them around town. My situation was a little different, with a car across the street from me, same color as mine, getting my exact wheels.
Old 9/17/15, 09:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah I was agreeing with you, that because someone online has them, you won't actually see them around town. My situation was a little different, with a car across the street from me, same color as mine, getting my exact wheels.
I get it. I actually love the stock brembo wheels that came on my car. All the local mustangs I saw had the non brembo stocks. Then I went to some meet ups with mustang enthusiast and there were a bunch of cars with the brembo wheels. Then my school hired a new teacher with a red car with the brembo wheels that were exactly like mine. I picked up a set of boss take offs and now I'm happy again.
Old 9/17/15, 10:15 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
So going by your way of thinking, I shouldn't get the Milan Niches because somebody else on the Interwebz has them.

Never mind that there isn't ONE other Mustang in my area with those wheels on it.

It matters that some stranger somewhere in the world has them, so I should avoid them.

Yeah ... no ..... don't think so.

I love the way those wheels look, and while they might be similar to the Vossens and other newer designs,
I couldn't give a rat's a$s if somebody else had them ...

Even the "played out" AMR's are super rare around here ... my car has them, and I have yet to see another Moostang with them on it.

So while some things might be popular within a small community that is an online forum,
they're certainly not automatically commonplace in the everyday world.

So yeah ... I'm gonna look to sell my "played out" AMR's and I'm gonna get some "played out" Milans.
My car, my money, my idea of what it should look like.
Well said Gabe. Couldn't have said it better.

Not sure what's up with Patrick lately but eh, just let him be.
Old 9/18/15, 10:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The only thing you need to do to your Mustang is to swap out that interior with mine.

Seriously, your car is outstanding. The way it is, is the way it should stay. Congrats on a very stunning head turner.
Thanks bro. However the stock wheels are a little small for my taste... im looking for something that will turn even more heads.

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Alex, I know alot of people like the Milans, but i have to say I am not one. I think they look great on some colors, but I don't think black is one. Don't jump on that bandwagon!
Thanks for the pchop Darren, i wanted to get an idea of what they would look like on my car. I dont know if i should get them or not.

They're so played out, but then again so are AMRs. The worst fact is that the Milans, Vossen CV3s and others have been copied by a bunch of other companies - Rovos, ESR, etc.
To be honest i dont even know what to get, the milans were just an idea... i want something nice... what do you guys suggest? There are few mustangs around here... especially ones with aftermarket wheels.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Car looks killer! Awesome color combo!
Thanks Tony, she's all stock minus the exhaust

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?