2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/15, 09:12 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went on a convertible cruise of southwest WI on Saturday. Absolutely perfect weather - high 70's and sunny. What a site we had 11 convertibles in our group. We stopped at a lot of small towns along the way and then spent the night just north of the border to IL - near Dubuque IA but still in WI. Then drove home Sunday morning. Lot of hills and corners and the Stang handled it all with NO problems. LOL. We had a few vettes, a mercedes, a bmw, a jeep lol and a couple of mustangs. It was a good time. Wish I had my quads on but that won't happen until Wed of this week. Can hardly wait!

Last edited by pretender; 8/24/15 at 09:14 AM.
Old 8/24/15, 01:33 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ ah... didn't know you were from WI. We used to live in Fox Valley Area. Beautiful. Also got my degree from UoW.

Glad you got to enjoy the Pony!
Old 8/24/15, 02:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ ah... didn't know you were from WI. We used to live in Fox Valley Area. Beautiful. Also got my degree from UoW.

Glad you got to enjoy the Pony!
Some day hoping to sell and move to Florida where we can drive her year round. I have a couple more years before retirement and an elderly aunt I am POA for and have to stay here till she passes - 96 and in good health - could easily live to 110. But realistically we kinda hope to check Florida out in 5 years. I have friends in Cape Coral on the Gulf Coast and love that town just outside Fort Meyers. When it gets hot in the summer we can take trips to WI to visit relatives where its cooler and they can come and visit us in the winter. Ahhh one can dream.
Old 8/24/15, 02:50 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I've been slowly recuperating from my back problems and detailing my car has been at the bottom of the priority list. It's a mess, and there's a big show coming up this weekend. Normally I'd do a complete 10 hour session, but that just ain't gonna happen, so I have to detail the Mustang piecemeal over the next several days.

Today was wheel cleaning and bath day...didn't even dry it. Tomorrow it gets a polish and wax and that'll take care of today's water spots, Wed will be glass, interior, and engine bay, and Thursday will be fine tuning on the trim, top, etc.

It's the only way I can do this without crippling myself again....oh, how we have to adapt and the sacrifices we must make!!!!
Old 8/24/15, 03:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Sorry to hear that Tom, hope you fee completely better soon buddy!
Old 8/24/15, 03:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I've been slowly recuperating from my back problems and detailing my car has been at the bottom of the priority list. It's a mess, and there's a big show coming up this weekend. Normally I'd do a complete 10 hour session, but that just ain't gonna happen, so I have to detail the Mustang piecemeal over the next several days.

Today was wheel cleaning and bath day...didn't even dry it. Tomorrow it gets a polish and wax and that'll take care of today's water spots, Wed will be glass, interior, and engine bay, and Thursday will be fine tuning on the trim, top, etc.

It's the only way I can do this without crippling myself again....oh, how we have to adapt and the sacrifices we must make!!!!
Do take it easy and it's great that you want to do the detailing even if it is just a bit at a time. You obviously love your car and want her to look her best!

Hope you recover completely soon!
Old 8/24/15, 05:27 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear of your back problems Tom. Take your time and lots of breaks with refreshments. Maybe some back pain pills like Tylenol might help too. Just wait till you hit your forties. Back pain becomes the new normal
Old 8/24/15, 06:24 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Wow, sorry to hear of your back problems Tom. Take your time and lots of breaks with refreshments. Maybe some back pain pills like Tylenol might help too. Just wait till you hit your forties. Back pain becomes the new normal

Thanks Darren, but I'm way ahead of you. I recently turned 63.

Been dealing with my back for a month now...chiro 3X a week, ice and heat all the time. I've missed out on a ton of cruise nites and shows. My car has never been so neglected. Just got finished polishing and waxing the hood and front bumper after today's bath. I ran out of steam the same time I ran out of light, so a little more gets done tomorrow.

I damned determined to get every nook and cranny by the end of the week.
Old 8/25/15, 02:15 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Been dealing with my back for a month now...chiro 3X a week, ice and heat all the time. I've missed out on a ton of cruise nites and shows. My car has never been so neglected. Just got finished polishing and waxing the hood and front bumper after today's bath. I ran out of steam the same time I ran out of light, so a little more gets done tomorrow.
That sucks Tom. Hopefully it passes soon and you are back to 100%!!
Good luck bro!
Old 8/26/15, 09:23 AM
GT Member

Back problems are the worst. Wow you are doing her up right. I hope you aren't making your back any worse. Both my husband and I have back problems and have had times when it is really bad He will be 62 and I just turned 60 so we can empathize with you. We are getting to be more OCD about my Stang's looks. She gets alot of attention - but probably not more than you are giving yours. Please send a picture when you are done - would love to see her!
Old 8/26/15, 01:09 PM
GT Member

The Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quads are on! No autographs on the car but The Ringbrothers gave me a free hat with their logo and autographed the bill. It is black and red to match the car. Didn't get a picture with them and the car but they were both dirty and busy on 2 different cars so we will go some other time they are around and get a picture with them. I am a happy camper. These Quads are MONSTERS. Love em

Old 8/26/15, 01:17 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Looks great! - Not that I'm biased or anything towards quads.
Old 8/26/15, 01:20 PM
GT Member

You were one of the people that made me want them! Thanks to everyone for their help in my investigation into my major mod to my Stang! It certainly is a success.
Old 8/26/15, 02:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pretender
The Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quads are on! No autographs on the car but The Ringbrothers gave me a free hat with their logo and autographed the bill. It is black and red to match the car. Didn't get a picture with them and the car but they were both dirty and busy on 2 different cars so we will go some other time they are around and get a picture with them. I am a happy camper. These Quads are MONSTERS. Love em
Looks awesome!

I keep going back and forth if I want to spend the $$ and do the quads & diffuser or just the GT/CS diffuser and keep my current exhaust...
Old 8/26/15, 03:55 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, guess I gotta be the one to ask.........how 'bout a video so we can hear them??? They do look sweet!
Old 8/26/15, 04:49 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by pretender

Congrats! More important than the quads are the fact they are Corsas. All hail Corsa! Best exhaust on the market for our ponies, hands down, taking into account build quality and sound. If you think the sports sound good wait till you hear the extremes.
Old 8/26/15, 05:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by smike308
Well, guess I gotta be the one to ask.........how 'bout a video so we can hear them??? They do look sweet!
I will try a video. Last time I did one it sounded terrible but I can post this. It is actually black- my flash went off. It is the Ringbrothers hat with Jim and Mike's autograph and they put the 15 in the circle for the year they modified my car. I love it. I did post a you tube sound of the exhausts on a 2014 GT (not a CS but it is about the same sound) My phone just doesn't pick up the sound the way it should.

Last edited by pretender; 8/27/15 at 08:14 AM.
Old 8/26/15, 05:34 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Took the green machine out for a little cruise after supper since it was so nice out. Felt good as soon as I fired her up. I haven't driven it in over a week.
Old 8/26/15, 09:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
I might've done 60 on a windy road with a 30 limit.

Might have.

All I know is that there was definitely some unburnt gas smell coming from the car when I got it home
Old 8/27/15, 05:20 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
I might've done 60 on a windy road with a 30 limit.

Might have.

All I know is that there was definitely some unburnt gas smell coming from the car when I got it home
That gas smell was from the burritos you had at lunch, Gabe. Who you foolin??? :rofl3;

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?