Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/15, 02:05 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
David... that looks phenomenal! Nice job man. Remind me to like that on IG later tonight

Russ... I'm officially jealous. I'm still rocking my stock sways
I am stock everywhere except the exhaust. Love my corsa quads. I suppose if I knew how the car would handle with the different sway bars I might be jealous. Don't know enough about it to be officially jealous. I am envious of all the knowledge of the owners around here though! For sure!
Old 8/31/15, 02:59 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im doing this today. Little late summer shine. Will throw a question into the detailing thread later. Need a lil help Zto5.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-image.jpg  
Old 8/31/15, 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by HMR-TYM
Im doing this today. Little late summer shine. Will throw a question into the detailing thread later. Need a lil help Zto5.
You're definitely way short on one of those chemicals!
Old 8/31/15, 03:15 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Hey Kico... no problem buddy. You got Instagram? I'm big into there too, my username is the same.

If not, point me to your detailing thread. I don't frequent that part of this forum anymore, unless it's to something I subscribed to before (i.e. "Car Detailing 101", etc).

I see you frequent Chemical Guys too? I was going to buy the TORQ too, but I already have 3 DA's... my Flex is the equivalent of that Torq.... essentially the Torq works more like the PC, but more powerful.

Let me know what you think of the Black Luminous Glow wax... I heard conflicting stories from the folks I know. My favorite of all time is Dodo Supernatural. It has the best combo of ease of application, wet look, and durability.
Old 8/31/15, 03:19 PM
I Have No Life

Kico... here's some of the pics I posted on IG the other day. It just reminded me of it when I saw your pic.... I LOVE blacklight. 2nd pic was me trying to get a sun shot before it went away, to show the swirl free finish. Forgive the bad pics: iphone only
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-img_1217-1-.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-img_1221-1-.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-img_1226-1-.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/31/15 at 03:27 PM.
Old 8/31/15, 03:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That looks really good.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kefka21
Looks like a perfect setting. I've been debating on doing that or not, but that might be down the road further if so.
Do it! Don't Wait.

Originally Posted by BackroadGT
Looking good! Welcome to the Steeda club!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by robjh22
And it looks extra cool, guy. Well. done. How is the ride and handling? Do you notice a big difference?

Mine (same set) are due in from Steeda in a few days, and we need to compare notes. Also do you have a before and after pic?
Yeah, I notice a difference. Ride is firmer and the car is more planted.

Not the best before and after.....

Originally Posted by kanine
Nice, I have Steeda Sports too and I really do like them. Did you get shocks/struts with it also?
I only have 9,000 miles on the car so I kept the original shocks and struts

David... that looks phenomenal! Nice job man. Remind me to like that on IG later tonight

Russ... I'm officially jealous. I'm still rocking my stock sways
Thanks!!
Old 9/1/15, 05:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Horspla
You're definitely way short on one of those chemicals!
We are never short on the necter of the gods around here.

Hey Kico... no problem buddy. You got Instagram? I'm big into there too, my username is the same.

I see you frequent Chemical Guys too? I was going to buy the TORQ too, but I already have 3 DA's... my Flex is the equivalent of that Torq.... essentially the Torq works more like the PC, but more powerful.

Let me know what you think of the Black Luminous Glow wax... I heard conflicting stories from the folks I know. My favorite of all time is Dodo Supernatural. It has the best combo of ease of application, wet look, and durability.
I like the Torq, ive used it about three times now. But it is my first, I have nothing to compare it to. Love CG, but it takes them forever to get product to the east coast.
The Black Luminous is just OK. It lacks the protection and durability I want. It is not worth the cost.
Question.......I laid down Jet Seal about three months ago, by clay baring yesterday did I pull that off? Or will it stay until I go over it with V36/38 on the orange and white pad?
Also, I dont think I clay bared properly prior to Jet Seal. Does the Seal prevent my ability to pull those prior contaminates with the bar yesterday. I was not 100% pleased with the grocery bag test after baring.
Anyones input or advice is welcome.
Old 9/1/15, 07:25 AM
GT Member

I need one of you guys to come and do a number on my car. You guys are GOOD! I work at it and it looks good but not like "show good". Last night I used 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick (worked very nice by the way) and went over all the rubber seals on the doors the trunk and the hood. I also did some detail spraying. Cleaning bugs off the front. Tonight will do some interior detailing. It's a hot week so nice for driving with the top down!
Old 9/1/15, 08:20 AM
GT Member

^^^^ Maybe you need to come do mine pretender. I actually was not aware of that stick, and just ordered one. I watched a couple of videos and it looks like a great product.
Old 9/1/15, 09:20 AM
I Have No Life

We are never short on the necter of the gods around here.

I like the Torq, ive used it about three times now. But it is my first, I have nothing to compare it to. Love CG, but it takes them forever to get product to the east coast.
The Black Luminous is just OK. It lacks the protection and durability I want. It is not worth the cost.
Question.......I laid down Jet Seal about three months ago, by clay baring yesterday did I pull that off? Or will it stay until I go over it with V36/38 on the orange and white pad?
Also, I dont think I clay bared properly prior to Jet Seal. Does the Seal prevent my ability to pull those prior contaminates with the bar yesterday. I was not 100% pleased with the grocery bag test after baring.
Anyones input or advice is welcome.
Correct, the claying will remove any LSP's, except for the nano/quartz/perma protection. Method should always be wash, clay, correct if needed (sometimes marring/micro scratching is inevitable with claying), then lay down your glaze/sealant/wax LSP.
Old 9/1/15, 02:04 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I gave my back a good rest for the last 4 days, so I finished up my detailing. Last week it got bathed, polished, and waxed, and today was spent cleaning plastic trim, engine bay/trunk, interior, glass and wheels. I got as many nook and crannies as my back would allow. I'll pay for it later, but I'm happy. It hasn't looked this nice in over a month.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-007.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-017.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-009.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-010.jpg  

Last edited by TripleBlack14; 9/1/15 at 02:05 PM.
Old 9/1/15, 02:14 PM
GT Member

Wow - she looks brand spanking new! Great job. What a sweet looking ride! And Black to boot - the hardest to keep spotless! Kudos on the job well done!

Last edited by pretender; 9/1/15 at 02:15 PM.
Old 9/1/15, 02:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
TripleBlack14: gorgeous as hell
Old 9/1/15, 02:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I gave my back a good rest for the last 4 days, so I finished up my detailing. Last week it got bathed, polished, and waxed, and today was spent cleaning plastic trim, engine bay/trunk, interior, glass and wheels. I got as many nook and crannies as my back would allow. I'll pay for it later, but I'm happy. It hasn't looked this nice in over a month.
Lookin' great!
Old 9/1/15, 02:40 PM
GT Member

Looks great Tom. I know it feels good to have that sore elbow, even if the back isn't perfect.
Old 9/1/15, 02:45 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
She looks killer Tom. Good job sir.
I hope your back doesn't give you grief about it later on.
Old 9/1/15, 02:50 PM
GT Member

It is amazing how much of the GT500 the GT/CS used in looks. That is probably why I love my GT/CS and now that I have your quad exhaust on. As close as I will ever come to owning that gorgeous car you have! Love your wheels - what kind are they? They are one of the few I have seen that I like other than my stock machined CS wheels.
Old 9/1/15, 02:59 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by pretender
It is amazing how much of the GT500 the GT/CS used in looks. That is probably why I love my GT/CS and now that I have your quad exhaust on. As close as I will ever come to owning that gorgeous car you have! Love your wheels - what kind are they? They are one of the few I have seen that I like other than my stock machined CS wheels.

Are you referring to mine? If so, I'm flattered, but it's a GT Premium with Boss 302S wheels. The only thing GT500 I have are the spoiler and 2011 GT500 axlebacks...not the quads.

If you were talking about about someone else's car, well never mind !!!!
Old 9/1/15, 03:26 PM
GT Member

Are you referring to mine? If so, I'm flattered, but it's a GT Premium with Boss 302S wheels. The only thing GT500 I have are the spoiler and 2011 GT500 axlebacks...not the quads.

If you were talking about about someone else's car, well never mind !!!!
I was referring to yours. LOL - no wonder they look so similar. LOL
Old 9/2/15, 09:06 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
She's looking fantastic Tom! That black with silver stripes and wheels all work together perfectly. you have a beauty there

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?