Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/15, 03:34 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by smike308
The last time I checked, Corsa didn't offer the quad configuration in the Extreme line(unless I somehow missed it). They were available in the Corsa Sport line.
Mike... you are correct. Now that you mention it, that's what made me stick with the single tips. I wanted the Extreme sound, but the quads are only offered with Sports (weird). I know I had to get a different diffuser as well, but I would have done it, had it been available.
Old 8/17/15, 03:44 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pretender
Really. I watched a video and they were installing Corsa GT500 axle back and they cut the bumper - but it was a 2013 GT/CS and not a 2014 GT/CS. Even thought the Corsa is more expensive - we really love the sound and seeing as it will probably be the most expensive mode other than buying different tires....think is worthwhile. So is the difference in having to cut the bumper and not cut - stock GT500 Quad or Corsa GT500 Quad?
The 13-14 Cali Special has a separate valance/diffuser panel, that is shared with the '13 Boss 302. The Cali Special shares the bumper cover with the 13-14 GT500 and the '13 Boss. The 13-14 GT has a one piece bumper cover with no valance panel, which is the reason for cutting. Hope that helps to clarify. The Corsa mufflers are beautiful, both in appearance and sound, with impeccable workmanship/finish.
Old 8/17/15, 07:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike is right. Go get and install those Corsas NOW! It's a piece of heaven (or hell?)

Mine's not a 13 or 14 quad setup, but it's the single tip Extremes.

Thats the song that makes me happy.
Old 8/18/15, 07:55 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just talked to American Muscle this morning and the guy said if I get the Corsa Sport Axleback quad tips said - because of it being the Cali Special - we could either swap out the valance for a GT500 valance or cut the existing valance to allow room for the quad tips not to touch the valance. We have a family connection to the RingBrothers in Wisconsin (they specialize in building Mustangs and have quite the reputation) so we are going to talk to them today hopefully and find out what would need to be done. But American Muscle says - no cutting of the bumper?? Just the valance or swap the valance.
Old 8/18/15, 07:58 AM
GT Member

The 13-14 Cali Special has a separate valance/diffuser panel, that is shared with the '13 Boss 302. The Cali Special shares the bumper cover with the 13-14 GT500 and the '13 Boss. The 13-14 GT has a one piece bumper cover with no valance panel, which is the reason for cutting. Hope that helps to clarify. The Corsa mufflers are beautiful, both in appearance and sound, with impeccable workmanship/finish.
I just talked to American Muscle this morning and the guy said if I get the Corsa Sport Axleback quad tips said - because of it being the Cali Special - we could either swap out the valance for a GT500 valance or cut the existing valance to allow room for the quad tips not to touch the valance. We have a family connection to the RingBrothers in Wisconsin (they specialize in building Mustangs and have quite the reputation) so we are going to talk to them today hopefully and find out what would need to be done. But American Muscle says - no cutting of the bumper?? Just the valance or swap the valance.
Not sure what the diffuser panel is. Can you explain that? Thanks I am a total idiot when it comes to the workings of the car - I just know the looks and the sounds of the Mustang.LOL And Corsa I think is definately the way to go even though it is pricey. The only other thing we will be changing is when we buy new tires we want wider tires in the rear as much as the wheels can handle.

Last edited by pretender; 8/18/15 at 08:19 AM.
Old 8/18/15, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Not sure what the diffuser panel is. Can you explain that? Thanks I am a total idiot when it comes to the workings of the car - I just know the looks and the sounds of the Mustang.LOL
The diffuser panel is the black plastic lower half of the rear bumper and around both exhaust tips. On a standard GT it is missing and the bumper is body colored, and more smooth. To install a diffuser on a standard GT, there are cut lines on the inside of the bumper so you remove (cut off) the piece between and around the exhaust tips, cut some slots and replace that area with the black diffuser which snaps in and is held on with clips and screws. If your CS has the same diffuser as the BOSS, it would be pretty easy to swap it out for a gt500 diffuser by removing some screws and clips, as the center piece should already be gone underneath from when your bumper was prepped for the diffuser from the factory. Just my .02, but cutting a BOSS/CS diffuser to try to fit quad tips would probably look like crap. I would go for the gt500 diffuser you can probably pick up for a couple hundred bucks.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/gt500-...ance-2013.html

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 8/18/15 at 10:16 AM.
Old 8/18/15, 10:41 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
The diffuser panel is the black plastic lower half of the rear bumper and around both exhaust tips. On a standard GT it is missing and the bumper is body colored. To install one on a standard GT, there are cut lines on the inside of the bumper so you remove the piece between the exhaust tips, cut some slots and replace that area with the black diffuser. If your CS has the same diffuser as the BOSS, it would be pretty easy to swap it out for a gt500 diffuser by removing some screws and clips, as the center piece should already be gone underneath from when your bumper was prepped for the diffuser form the factory.
Well we ordered the Corsa's and the GT500 Valance which is what our guy told us to do. No bumper cutting necessary as long as we get the valance so I ordered from AM and asked them the same questions and they said no cutting needed. So....if they are wrong our install will cost much more but right now they are doing it for a very very reasonable amount - family discount. Ringbrothers out of Spring Green WI - they are known worldwide and have worked with Jay Leno and build Mustangs for folks everywhere. But they also do local little type work like fixing dents or hitting a deer damage for locals as well. If I can't trust them with my car - I can't trust anyone. I had no idea of their reputation till my husband told me the other day. WOO HOO Should have them by Friday or Monday and installed sometime next week instead of next spring like we had thought.

Last edited by pretender; 8/18/15 at 10:51 AM.
Old 8/18/15, 10:53 AM
GT Member

Here is how it looks now - I will put in another picture once the swap is done. It's like Christmas in the middle of summer.
Old 8/18/15, 11:13 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! Great choice. Ring Bros. should have you in and out in about an hour. You're gonna love the change in your Mustang's personality.

Last edited by smike308; 8/18/15 at 11:15 AM.
Old 8/18/15, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Wow I can't believe Ring Brothers is doing the work. That is awesome! They are top notch.
Old 8/18/15, 12:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Wow I can't believe Ring Brothers is doing the work. That is awesome! They are top notch.
Imagine my surprise when I found out how famous they are - to me they were just my husband's first cousins who worked on cars. I almost want them to autograph the inside of the door panel. Maybe I will LOL - or see if they have a plate they could put someplace.

Last edited by pretender; 8/18/15 at 12:12 PM.
Old 8/18/15, 12:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'd have them sign the passenger dash panel, or yeah a plate would be nice too!
Old 8/18/15, 02:25 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Well we ordered the Corsa's and the GT500 Valance which is what our guy told us to do. No bumper cutting necessary as long as we get the valance so I ordered from AM and asked them the same questions and they said no cutting needed. So....if they are wrong our install will cost much more but right now they are doing it for a very very reasonable amount - family discount. Ringbrothers out of Spring Green WI - they are known worldwide and have worked with Jay Leno and build Mustangs for folks everywhere. But they also do local little type work like fixing dents or hitting a deer damage for locals as well. If I can't trust them with my car - I can't trust anyone. I had no idea of their reputation till my husband told me the other day. WOO HOO Should have them by Friday or Monday and installed sometime next week instead of next spring like we had thought.
That's awesome! Good deal.
Ring Bros. build some of the best cars out there! Them, along with DSE and Roadster Shop. All top notch, quality work.
Old 8/20/15, 01:12 PM
GT Member

As it turns out - my GT/CS will be in the same shop as the car they are building for Jay Leno as I type!!!! I love it. I am hoping to get out there to see the car they are building before it gets shipped out. Supposed to be very cool according to my husband but a ways to go yet. Equipment comes tomorrow afternoon - so hopefully maybe next week....GT/CS will be even a better 1COOLGT and I will get their plate or sticker or autograph or something somewhere so people will know my car was modified by Mike and Jim Ring! And the most reassuring news is if something should ever bang into us and we need body work done or any other mods - we have a place to go. That is very reassuring. I trust them much more than a Ford dealership for bodywork etc.

Last edited by pretender; 8/20/15 at 01:17 PM.
Old 8/20/15, 02:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You guys should pick up a set of the Ring Brothers HRE wheels while you're there. Then you won't have to worry about those wider tires you want
Old 8/20/15, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
You guys should pick up a set of the Ring Brothers HRE wheels while you're there. Then you won't have to worry about those wider tires you want
If I had the money.....I probably would. I think the issue will swallow a little easier when the tires we have wear out. LOL. They certainly would be sweet.
Old 8/20/15, 03:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

http://ringbrothers.com/wheels/hre-recoil-wheels.html

Only $1700/wheel LOL
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-photo818.jpg  
Old 8/20/15, 07:56 PM
V6 Member

^ the rear valance is the black piece of plastic the surrounds the exhaust and attaches to your bumper. Here's a link of the GT500 valance with quad exhaust http://www.americanmuscle.com/gt500-...ance-2013.html
Old 8/20/15, 07:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 302 GT
^ the rear valance is the black piece of plastic the surrounds the exhaust and attaches to your bumper. Here's a link of the GT500 valance with quad exhaust http://www.americanmuscle.com/gt500-...ance-2013.html
Scratch this post didn't realize it took me to the beginning of the thread when I thought I clicked last lol
Old 8/20/15, 10:48 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Took some pics today. More are in the "Latest Pics" thread…

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?