Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/11, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am new also. I ordered a v6 premium, vert, PW with MCA pkg, auto and back-up camera. Getting anxious.
Ordered 7/10 build 8/5 First ETA was 8/13 Second ETA 8/23. Have not heard anything today so far. Last weekend The dealer called and told me my car was in to call back and tell them what time I would be in to pick it up. Little while later called back and said sorry it was not mine. Someone elses car. Got all exicited over nothing :-(
Old 8/23/11, 01:21 PM
V6 Member

Well I just got a call from the dealer and my car is in. I'll go check it out tonight and hopefully pick it up tomorrow. I really didn't expect it for another week or so.
Old 8/23/11, 08:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by blk12vert
Barry-Take a deep breath and relax. I'm still waiting for mine but I know it will be worth it in the end.
Really?? You think another six week delay is acceptable? I'm happy your car has arrived, but I find this inexcusable. I ordered a top of the line car, with all the bells and whistles, and Ford cannot deliver. Over $40K MSRP and they can't deliver. The profit margin on this car is well above what's sitting on the lots, and they can't deliver. I sold my car believing this would be a short term process, riding my motorcycle to and from work in the interim. This sucks. Meanwhile Flatrock continues to churn out cars, but I'll be darned if I can get one the way I want it.

I'm going back to Infiniti and Ford can kiss my Lilly white ***!!!
Old 8/23/11, 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BarryT
Really?? You think another six week delay is acceptable? I'm happy your car has arrived, but I find this inexcusable. I ordered a top of the line car, with all the bells and whistles, and Ford cannot deliver. Over $40K MSRP and they can't deliver. The profit margin on this car is well above what's sitting on the lots, and they can't deliver. I sold my car believing this would be a short term process, riding my motorcycle to and from work in the interim. This sucks. Meanwhile Flatrock continues to churn out cars, but I'll be darned if I can get one the way I want it.

I'm going back to Infiniti and Ford can kiss my Lilly white ***!!!
Obviously you have a bad attitude . . . so have fun with your Infiniti.

I had a fairly long wait full of delays (10 weeks) but my dads was even longer (18 weeks). Is it acceptable? No, but it was worth the wait!!!
Old 8/23/11, 08:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 99mstng
Obviously you have a bad attitude . . . so have fun with your Infiniti.

I had a fairly long wait full of delays (10 weeks) but my dads was even longer (18 weeks). Is it acceptable? No, but it was worth the wait!!!
Yes, I do have a bad attitude, but I believe rightfully so. If you can't deliver, don't advertise that you can. I have been led down a primrose path by Ford, and it ain't so rosey.
Old 8/23/11, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, I do have a bad attitude, but I believe rightfully so. If you can't deliver, don't advertise that you can. I have been led down a primrose path by Ford, and it ain't so rosey.
When you say "can't deliver" what do you mean? Did you sign a contract with Ford stating they were going to build your car by a set date? No, likely your dealer told you 6-8 weeks which is standard on most cars. Well guess what things happen. If you want your car, the way you want it, wait for it. It's worth it!

Looks like you ordered Nav . . . my guess is the delay could have something to do with that.
Old 8/23/11, 09:23 PM
V6 Member

When you say "can't deliver" what do you mean? Did you sign a contract with Ford stating they were going to build your car by a set date? No, likely your dealer told you 6-8 weeks which is standard on most cars. Well guess what things happen. If you want your car, the way you want it, wait for it. It's worth it!

Looks like you ordered Nav . . . my guess is the delay could have something to do with that.
I was talking to my dealer tonight and was told nothing is being delivered with NAV due to the situation in Japan.
Old 8/23/11, 09:33 PM
V6 Member

Yes, I ordered Nav, and that is probably the culprit. I was given a "4-6 week delivery" time frame, but now we're at 12 just to build. I'm not an **** whole normally, but this is bordering on ridiculous. Okay, I am an ****. I'm just pissex because I have money in pocket, made a down payment, and new Mustangs keep showing up on the dealer's showroom floor. I'm sorry there was a tsunami in Japan, but I ordered a Detroit car for a reason. I want to help the Economy but Ford is making it very difficult to do so.
Old 8/23/11, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, I ordered Nav, and that is probably the culprit. I was given a "4-6 week delivery" time frame, but now we're at 12 just to build. I'm not an **** whole normally, but this is bordering on ridiculous. Okay, I am an ****. I'm just pissex because I have money in pocket, made a down payment, and new Mustangs keep showing up on the dealer's showroom floor. I'm sorry there was a tsunami in Japan, but I ordered a Detroit car for a reason. I want to help the Economy but Ford is making it very difficult to do so.
I completely understand your frustration but Ford couldn't control what caused their supply issue. I would be shocked if any company doesn't use Japan or China to supply their Nav units. Do yourself a favor and go test drive a couple mustangs so you can remember why you ordered one in the first place! Try to get it off your mind. I had a ton of ups and downs during the whole order process but I'm sooooo happy I stuck it out!!! And I know you would be too.
Old 8/23/11, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

BTW what do you ride??
Old 8/24/11, 08:07 AM
V6 Member

Honda ST1300. And you?
Old 8/24/11, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yamaha R6 . . .
Old 8/24/11, 10:16 AM
GT Member

I agree with 99mstng (and others, I'm sure). Your beef should be with your dealer - not Ford Mo Co. He/She should never have told you 4-6 weeks. The typical order delivery is somewhere around 8 weeks, although there is GREAT variablility in that. Some of that is, indeed, due to the catastrophe in Japan. Your dealer surely doesn't know/care about the delays related to the Nav, etc. And BTW, there are some on this forum that waited many months for their cars - and if I recall correctly, every one of them said the wait was worth it.

If you've been reading this forum for long, you'll see that each dealer has an allocation number (10 is the quickest - each number higher than 10 indicates less allocation, and therefore, a slower delivery). Factor in Nav delays, etc. and there you go.

Bottom line - Deysha will give you accurate info. Your dealer won't. If you want your Mustang with Nav, be (very) patient. If you don't care about Nav, you can get one off a lot, or order one without - but by then, your custom-built Nav Mustang may be done. No sense in staying angry - it won't get your car built any quicker.
Old 8/24/11, 10:29 AM
V6 Member

Thanks everyone - I'm off the ledge now.
Old 8/24/11, 10:38 AM
GT Member

Excellent. I'm rooting for you now. Keep us posted.
Old 8/24/11, 09:02 PM

Thumbs up Hmmmmmmm.....

Walked into showroom to see orange Boss 302, not in yet, White GT500 sitting there calling my name...Bought it instead of the 302...was I wrong? not in my opinion!!! This white Pony Giddy-UPS!!!! Been over 150 so far, searching for longer road to see if I can top it out, will keep you posted! (waiting to have limiter removed/turned off)

Last edited by 2012GT500; 8/24/11 at 09:35 PM.
Old 8/25/11, 09:56 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill1031
I am new also. Have not heard anything today so far.
Hey Bill1031, I'll send you an update in a little while!
Originally Posted by Lava Dude
Bottom line - Deysha will give you accurate info. No sense in staying angry
+1
Very glad you are, BarryT!! I will be by your side the whole ride until you get it! Oh, and after that too!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 8/25/11 at 10:01 AM.
Old 8/25/11, 10:18 AM
V6 Member

Very glad you are, BarryT!! I will be by your side the whole ride until you get it! Oh, and after that too!

Deysha[/QUOTE]

Thanks Deysha. Can you shed some light on the rebates? Currently Ford has a $500 rebate plus a $1,500 rebate which expires October 3rd. In addition, I have a $750 coupon that will expire October 1st. So am I to believe that I am going to wait six more weeks and pay more for the car? Please tell me I can lock these incentives in before the car arrives.
Old 8/25/11, 03:44 PM
Cobra Member

Deysha
Thanks Deysha. Can you shed some light on the rebates? Currently Ford has a $500 rebate plus a $1,500 rebate which expires October 3rd. In addition, I have a $750 coupon that will expire October 1st. So am I to believe that I am going to wait six more weeks and pay more for the car? Please tell me I can lock these incentives in before the car arrives.[/QUOTE]

Those rebates will most likely go up after the 3rd and your dealer can lock in your $750 coupon. Dont worry.
Old 8/25/11, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Those rebates will most likely go up after the 3rd and your dealer can lock in your $750 coupon. Dont worry.
They CAN and make sure they DO. Get it in writing or at least an email. I ended up not needing to use it by my delivery estimate/expiration date was so close that I made sure that I got them to commit. They'll need authorization from their zone rep they just need to ask.

Alternatively, just request a bunch more brochures. I took delivery of my car in mid June and I'm still getting private cash offers. That new Taurus looks NICE. :-)

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition