Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/11, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blackgt87
Yeah I'm NOT cancelling anything. I want my car too bad!

The only real problem I have left is that a friend of mine works across the street from my dealership, and swears he is gonna test drive my car (and beat the ever loving crap out of it) when he sees it arrive before I can get to it. He says he has bought 5 cars there and the salesman will let him. Kinda makes me mad since I can't think of a way to stop it, other than telling the salesman not to let him. But after dealing with my salesman I'm not exactly full of confidence.

I think I'm gonna make a call to the manager of the dealer next week and tell him that I ordered my car, paid a deposit, and waited all this time so that I could have MY car built for ME. Not something on a lot that was test driven (beat to death) by someone else.
Definitely! Tell them that it's your money if they let anyone else touch the car without your permission that the deal is off. I told my dealer that I wanted the car left in it's shipped form and I wanted the mileage reported to me when it was received. They did exactly what I asked. I actually got to unwrap all of the plastic from the interior. Had 12 miles on it.

I think that friend is just busting your chops anyway.

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

LOL! I know, that you know, that I know you’re enjoying it flySWA737!

Deysha
Haha. And I know you get this a lot but thanks for all of the hard work that you do for all of us mustang enthusiasts here. Made my ordering experience so much different to know actual dates. Yes, I'm definitely enjoying it every day.
Old 7/15/11, 11:24 AM

Ordered 2012 GT 5.0,
VIN 1ZVBP8CF7C5238970
Build date 7/20/2011
401A
Black
HID Security
Brembos
Rear camera
Comfort Package
Ford Racing axleback (waiting for the car)

Deysha and Justin can you help me track this?

John
Old 7/15/11, 03:03 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by blk12vert
Just ordered mine on 7/5. Black premium convertible with 401a and Brembo package. Now I just have to be patient. I think I might be driving my wife crazy.
Hey blk12vert,

I can help you track your vehicle. PM me with your order number and dealer name so I can help.

Be patient?!?!? LOL good luck with that!!! My build date is Tuesday and I was all out of patience like 4 weeks ago! Ugh I can't wait for this to be over, not looking like I'll ever order another car again.
This is only because the plant is on vacation from 7/4-7/18 and after that I will be here to guide you to the light blackgt87.

Originally Posted by blk12vert
You guys aren't helping . BTW how long did it take to get a build date and VIN after you ordered?

Oops! I just noticed that info is in your sigs.
A few weeks as you can see, but that’s what I’m here for!
Old 7/15/11, 07:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I'm NOT cancelling anything. I want my car too bad!

The only real problem I have left is that a friend of mine works across the street from my dealership, and swears he is gonna test drive my car (and beat the ever loving crap out of it) when he sees it arrive before I can get to it. He says he has bought 5 cars there and the salesman will let him. Kinda makes me mad since I can't think of a way to stop it, other than telling the salesman not to let him. But after dealing with my salesman I'm not exactly full of confidence.

I think I'm gonna make a call to the manager of the dealer next week and tell him that I ordered my car, paid a deposit, and waited all this time so that I could have MY car built for ME. Not something on a lot that was test driven (beat to death) by someone else.
He's just messing with you. My car had 2.8 miles on it when I picked it up. Tell the salesman what you want. I gave them specific instruction to NOT Install the front license plate bracket and to leave their dealer logo in the drawer and they complied with no problem.
Old 7/15/11, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I'm calling next week for sure to remind them of the front plate bracket and to tell them about the logo. I hope hes messing with me, but if you guys knew him you'd understand why I believe he is not.

And thanks Deysha, I'm gonna be just like everyone else and freak out from the build date until I'm sitting in my car, you are a huge help!
Old 7/19/11, 11:44 AM
GT Member

Yeah I'm calling next week for sure to remind them of the front plate bracket and to tell them about the logo. I hope hes messing with me, but if you guys knew him you'd understand why I believe he is not.

And thanks Deysha, I'm gonna be just like everyone else and freak out from the build date until I'm sitting in my car, you are a huge help!
I told my dealer the same thing and he made it seem like I was speaking Japanese or something. Lol I guess because having no front plate is illegal in NY.

Last edited by BKStyles; 7/19/11 at 11:52 AM.
Old 7/19/11, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

The same is true in Ohio BKStyles. Although it seems only a certain "crowd" of cars gets pulled over for it lol.

I did get clarification on nobody else touching my car, the sales manager made it clear that the only person driving it would be the tech doing the PDI. "not even a manager could get in that car" he said.

I mentioned the dealer stickers but not the front plate thing . Something tells me I will have another opportunity to bring that up before the car gets in. (ie I'm gonna call 50 more times anyway)
Old 7/19/11, 12:10 PM
GT Member

Lol it's one of those hit or miss deals. I just don't want any **** holes in my front bumper.
I'm glad you got clarification from your dealer, because u should be the only one allowed to break your Kona in.
Old 7/19/11, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BKStyles
I just don't want any **** holes in my front bumper.
^^^THIS^^^

u should be the only one allowed to break your Kona in.
And that's exactly my point. I believe that ring seating during break in can affect the way a motor makes power. I think some of the cars transferred from dealers 100 miles away that spend those first 100 miles on the freeway at a constant rpm with the cruise set will make less power than ones where engine speed was vairied and cylinder pressures were increased.

And I can assure you my rpms will be varied, and my cylinder pressures will be increased

Last edited by blackgt87; 7/19/11 at 12:16 PM.
Old 7/19/11, 12:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just read your sig and realized we both have the same build day (today), yours shipped already?!?! It's only 2:17PM!!! Did you already call FCS or something?
Old 7/19/11, 12:24 PM
GT Member

^^^THIS^^^

And that's exactly my point. I believe that ring seating during break in can affect the way a motor makes power. I think some of the cars transferred from dealers 100 miles away that spend those first 100 miles on the freeway at a constant rpm with the cruise set will make less power than ones where engine speed was vairied and cylinder pressures were increased.

And I can assure you my rpms will be varied, and my cylinder pressures will be increased
I have no idea what that means. Lol. I'm oblivious to that mechanical stuff, I guess I'm gonna have to learn. Lol

Yup just got off the phone with them (couldn't wait cause I'm going on vacation out of the country in two weeks) they said it was built and in transit. Call them cause ur car should also be en route.
Old 7/19/11, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have no idea what that means. Lol. I'm oblivious to that mechanical stuff, I guess I'm gonna have to learn. Lol

Yup just got off the phone with them (couldn't wait cause I'm going on vacation out of the country in two weeks) they said it was built and in transit. Call them cause ur car should also be en route.
I'll probably pee my pants if its en route right now
Old 7/19/11, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

My build date is tomorrow so I thought maybe I got lucky and my car would be in transit too but sadly it's still "in production" with an ETA of 7/29. This last week of waiting is the hardest part!!
Old 7/19/11, 12:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by DetTigers
My build date is tomorrow so I thought maybe I got lucky and my car would be in transit too but sadly it's still "in production" with an ETA of 7/29. This last week of waiting is the hardest part!!
Did they tell you what part of the line your car is on?
Old 7/19/11, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just called they said its built awaiting shipment, still shows an eta of 7/31?!?!?! The plant is 3.5 hours from here, it better not take 12 days to go that far!!

WOOO its built!
Old 7/19/11, 12:55 PM
V6 Member

Did they tell you what part of the line your car is on?
Body shop.
Old 7/19/11, 07:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone had there built date changed?
Old 7/20/11, 08:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you blackgt87 and I’m not worried!!

I just read your sig and realized we both have the same build day (today), yours shipped already?!?! It's only 2:17PM!!! Did you already call FCS or something?

Originally Posted by DetTigers
I just called they said its built awaiting shipment, still shows an eta of 7/31?!?!?! The plant is 3.5 hours from here, it better not take 12 days to go that far!!

WOOO its built!
BKStyles, DetTigers and blackgt87, I just sent you guys the most up to date info on your orders. Please check your inbox!

Deysha
Old 7/20/11, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Thank you blackgt87 and I’m not worried!!

BKStyles, DetTigers and blackgt87, I just sent you guys the most up to date info on your orders. Please check your inbox!

Deysha

the wait is killing me...just like christmas time..you can see the presents but you cannot do anything with them till dec 25. only problem is i know the present is there but i dont know exactly when the day of opening is......aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Old 7/20/11, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the update Deysha!

Can't I just go to the plant and pick it up myself?!?!

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition