Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/11, 07:47 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Edsal17
My dealer has a Kona Blue V6 Premium Auto with Saddle interior and a glass roof on order for me (7/11)! We have yet to negotiate price, but I guess we will work that out when it arrives . I have a priority code 10 so hopefully they don't run out of Kona blue before they get to mine.

d
Hey Edsal17,

Congrats on your new order! I can help you track your order if you’d like. Please message me with your dealer name and order number and I can help.

Deysha
Old 7/14/11, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by BKStyles
What does priority 10 mean?
My understanding is it helps determine the priority of your build. Priority code 10 is the highest priority a dealer can assign. I could be wrong, though.

d
+1 Edsal17 is correct. This is the highest priority a dealer can assign to your order.

Deysha
Old 7/14/11, 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know if its to late to fix a mistake on my order.. I looked at my window sticker and it does not have the spoiler delete as it was written on my order sheet. My built date is 7/22..Im planning on getting a different spoiler anyway but i would like it the way i wanted it from the start.
Old 7/14/11, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered mine on 7/5. Black premium convertible with 401a and Brembo package. Now I just have to be patient. I think I might be driving my wife crazy.
Old 7/14/11, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by blk12vert
Just ordered mine on 7/5. Black premium convertible with 401a and Brembo package. Now I just have to be patient. I think I might be driving my wife crazy.
Be patient?!?!? LOL good luck with that!!! My build date is Tuesday and I was all out of patience like 4 weeks ago! Ugh I can't wait for this to be over, not looking like I'll ever order another car again.
Old 7/14/11, 01:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by blk12vert
Sounds awesome! But let me just say that this is the easy part (after you've ordered, but it hasn't been built yet). The REALLY hard part about the wait is AFTER your build date when you KNOW it exists, but WHERE THE HECK IS IT?!??????!? WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO GET TO MY DEALER?!??? IF i KNEW WHERE IT WAS MAYBE I COULD SEE IT ON GOOGLE MAPS/EARTH!!

That's the worst part.

Last edited by Double-EDad; 7/14/11 at 01:47 PM.
Old 7/14/11, 02:07 PM
V6 Member

You guys aren't helping . BTW how long did it take to get a build date and VIN after you ordered?

Oops! I just noticed that info is in your sigs.

Last edited by blk12vert; 7/14/11 at 02:09 PM.
Old 7/14/11, 02:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Sounds awesome! But let me just say that this is the easy part (after you've ordered, but it hasn't been built yet). The REALLY hard part about the wait is AFTER your build date when you KNOW it exists, but WHERE THE HECK IS IT?!??????!? WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO GET TO MY DEALER?!??? IF i KNEW WHERE IT WAS MAYBE I COULD SEE IT ON GOOGLE MAPS/EARTH!!

That's the worst part.
fml
Old 7/14/11, 02:29 PM
Cobra Member

Vin, built, delivered, dismantled :doh
Attached Images        
Old 7/14/11, 06:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by blackgt87
fml
+1, with my car set to be born in less than 6 days my life has been put on hold till it gets here. I can't concentrate on anything but the thought of my Mustang!
Old 7/14/11, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DetTigers

+1, with my car set to be born in less than 6 days my life has been put on hold till it gets here. I can't concentrate on anything but the thought of my Mustang!
It.... Gets... Worse....

But... Deysha makes it better. Just ping her once a week for an update. My eta was 6/23 and my dealer emailed on 6/16 and said that it was right on track. The she called 5 minutes later and said, "well, your car isn't going to be here on 6/23 because it's here right now!" I took delivery that night. They rocked. Deysha rocks. The wait sucked. The car ROCKS!!!
Old 7/14/11, 08:50 PM

Excellent! PM Sent!

Thank You Deysha

d
Old 7/14/11, 11:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
It.... Gets... Worse....

But... Deysha makes it better. Just ping her once a week for an update. My eta was 6/23 and my dealer emailed on 6/16 and said that it was right on track. The she called 5 minutes later and said, "well, your car isn't going to be here on 6/23 because it's here right now!" I took delivery that night. They rocked. Deysha rocks. The wait sucked. The car ROCKS!!!
This is what I am truly hoping for, build of 7/19 but ETA of 7/31?? Flat rock is 3 hours away.... I'm really hoping its just a cushion for Ford to make it look "early" lol. At least thats what I keep telling myself
Old 7/15/11, 05:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by blackgt87
This is what I am truly hoping for, build of 7/19 but ETA of 7/31?? Flat rock is 3 hours away.... I'm really hoping its just a cushion for Ford to make it look "early" lol. At least thats what I keep telling myself
It's really kind of a crap shoot. I live in Florida, my car was built on 6/9 and at the dealer 6/15. For some much closer it has taken just as long or even longer. It does get tougher to deal with as you get closer to your ETA but just try to stay patient. This thread is gigantic but you'd be amazed by how many people get over anxious and then "threaten" to cancel their order a few days before their car arrives because it's taking too long or they are tired of waiting. Then once the car does arrive they are happy as can be. It happens over and over again in this thread.
Old 7/15/11, 05:52 AM
Bullitt Member

I actually managed to push it out of my mind so that I didn't worry too much, just kept consistent getting weekly updates from Deysha. Then out of nowhere the car arrived a week early and the patient waiting was all worth it in the end. I think my 12 mpg that I average shows how much fun that I'm having. LOL. stick it out guys you all will enjoy it in the end!!
Old 7/15/11, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I'm NOT cancelling anything. I want my car too bad!

The only real problem I have left is that a friend of mine works across the street from my dealership, and swears he is gonna test drive my car (and beat the ever loving crap out of it) when he sees it arrive before I can get to it. He says he has bought 5 cars there and the salesman will let him. Kinda makes me mad since I can't think of a way to stop it, other than telling the salesman not to let him. But after dealing with my salesman I'm not exactly full of confidence.

I think I'm gonna make a call to the manager of the dealer next week and tell him that I ordered my car, paid a deposit, and waited all this time so that I could have MY car built for ME. Not something on a lot that was test driven (beat to death) by someone else.
Old 7/15/11, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

My dad is still waiting for his 3/28 order . . . anything new Deysha?
Old 7/15/11, 08:09 AM
Cobra R Member

It's really kind of a crap shoot. I live in Florida, my car was built on 6/9 and at the dealer 6/15. For some much closer it has taken just as long or even longer. It does get tougher to deal with as you get closer to your ETA but just try to stay patient. This thread is gigantic but you'd be amazed by how many people get over anxious and then "threaten" to cancel their order a few days before their car arrives because it's taking too long or they are tired of waiting. Then once the car does arrive they are happy as can be. It happens over and over again in this thread.
OTOH, mine did NOT arrive early! This thread had my hopes up but that's why it was such torture - it didn't happen for me! "Official" delivery date was 6/28, wasn't there until 6/27 (whoopee!). On top of that, I live in Virginia (which is much closer than Florida to Michigan), yet it took 2 FULL WEEKS to get from build date to my dealer (6/13 to 6/27). And there are many tales of those who waited longer after their build date than that.

So don't set your expectations any higher than the official (and ever-changing - mine changed 3 or 4 times) delivery date estimate! Unmet expectations are the root of pretty much all disappointment and anxiety.
Old 7/15/11, 09:01 AM

It.... Gets... Worse....

Thank you lots jaybertx!! I’m happy to know you’re looooving your ride!!

Excellent! PM Sent!

Thank You Deysha

d
No problem Edsal17, I received your pm. I’ll get back to you in a little while.

Originally Posted by flySWA737
I actually managed to push it out of my mind so that I didn't worry too much, just kept consistent getting weekly updates from Deysha. Then out of nowhere the car arrived a week early and the patient waiting was all worth it in the end. I think my 12 mpg that I average shows how much fun that I'm having. LOL. stick it out guys you all will enjoy it in the end!!
LOL! I know, that you know, that I know you’re enjoying it flySWA737!

Originally Posted by 99mstng
My dad is still waiting for his 3/28 order . . . anything new Deysha?
Nothing yet 99mstng.

Deysha
Old 7/15/11, 09:02 AM

I'd like to thank all of you for your patience and support!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 7/15/11 at 09:03 AM.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition