Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/11, 10:06 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
alright folks... here are the pics as promised. I posted it in this thread:

https://themustangsource.com/f726/lo...-heavy-502111/

But I will also post it in here.... Thanks again to everyone, esp Deysha for keeping me SANE through all this. B-man, JTmears, I hope you both get your cars soon. Tell you what, NOTHING compares to that "new car I just ordered just got delivered to me" feeling

Well folks, some of you folks know that I've been waiting patiently (ok maybe not as patiently ) for my new ride to arrive. I'd like you all to know that she arrived safe and sound yesterday (thanks Deysha!), 11/15/11, at 2pm CT, at my local dealership. The minute she got off loaded from the truck, I was THERE. All factory stickers and tape and plastic wrap and all. I instructed the dealer and my trusted sales manager to have NO ONE TOUCH IT until I get there. This was my first brand new ordered car (usually I get off the lot)... so I had plans to make this go PERFECT

She had 6.8 miles on the ODO off the truck, then had 9.6 miles when delivered to me (after dealer inspection). All was in great working order. I'm a detailer by heart and trade, so I know a thing or two about detailing (used to run my own detailing business)... so all the previous times I bought a new car, it was off the lot, so swirls/scratches from dealer techs/wash people, etc were all evident and I had to buff it out EVERY single time.

This time, despite the dirt from being on the delivery truck, etc... I told them NOT TO TOUCH THE PAINT AT ALL!!! I could see from the sun yesterday, despite the dirt, the paint was PERFECT. No swirls, no scratches no NOTHING. Virgin paint, so to speak. Dealer goes, "So you want us to detail it right?". I responded with a loud, "NO... not at all". "So you want us to deliver it to you dirty?". "YES PLEASE". You should have seen the look on their faces... haha...

So anyways, I drove it home, and enjoyed every single bit of it. I put my new car seat in the rear, and surprised my son at day care picking him up. I could have NEVER have done that in 370Z. This was the biggest selling feature for me

So thank you again to everyone on this forum, for tips and tricks, and advice, etc... .you helped make my waiting bearable. I am ready for modding... as I have my GT500 mufflers and MGW shifter ready to install. Hopefully next week. Tint and 3M clear bra coming too.

Lastly, here are the PICS!!!!!!

Sitting at Dealer, yesterday, wrapped up, dirty, but SWIRL FREE!

9.6 Miles on the odometer upon delivery to me!!! I take pics like this on every new car I get

Finally got her home! Dirty, but unscathed

So last night, since I had a prior engagement, I only had time to work on the car starting at 9 pm. So there I was, 40 degree weather and all, gave her a wash with grit guards and double buckets around 10 pm... dried her with some detail spray, inspected her under my halogen tower lights, found NO swirls, as expected... so I proceeded to wax her with Souveran... no sealant yet, until I do a quick clay, Menzerna PO85RD, then sealed with either Blackfire or Chem guys 50/50. This will help the paint breathe too, at least for a few weeks.

And here are the pics from last night inside the garage, at 1 a.m. in the morning. Kona blue in ALL its glory. Best paint color, IMO. Bar none.

Then this morning, as sun was up, got some Glamour shots in my driveway. Too cold for a time elapse photo or HDR, will do those at a later point... maybe spring. But anyways, here's the last of the pics. Enjoy!!!

Old 11/16/11, 12:17 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Razman
HI Deshya I tried to print my window sticker but it said vin not found.
Your window sticker is up now, Razman. PM me after the 19th for another update.

Originally Posted by jtmears
Went to pick up my car today. Unfortunately the shipping damage was worse than I expected. They had repainted the whole quarter and I could tell immediately...New order. Here we go again...
Here's a couple pics of what would have been mine until the shippers smashed it.
PM me with the new order info when you have it, jrmears. I'll track this one for you as well.

Originally Posted by boveman
Looks like I'll be waiting until March or April. The dealer agreed to let me roll over my $$$ on the '13. THere was no way I was going to give up and compromise on a special order vehicle. That's the whole point. I'll be going through the waiting game all over again.
boveman, keep me in the loop! PM me the new order number when you get it.

Originally Posted by FromZto5
alright folks... here are the pics as promised.
But I will also post it in here.... Thanks again to everyone, esp Deysha for keeping me SANE through all this.
WOW!!!! There it is again... The reason why this is my favorite color!! (It looks purple when the sun hits it just right) Congrats on your new ride and enjoy it to the fuuuuuullest, FromZto5!!!

Deysha
Old 11/16/11, 12:29 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

WOW!!!! There it is again... The reason why this is my favorite color!! (It looks purple when the sun hits it just right) Congrats on your new ride and enjoy it to the fuuuuuullest, FromZto5!!!

Deysha
Thanks Deysha... oh you KNOW I will. I already have 50 miles on her, and it's been less than a day... haha. Having just 9.6 miles seems so long ago

And yes, when the sun hits it, hints of purple, black, and gray abound.

I'm glad I got a 2012... no more Kona for 2013 and beyond. Deep Impact Blue is not even close. As to why Ford stopped Kona, is BEYOND me. But hey, rarer the better for me.
Old 11/16/11, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deysha[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Deysha. From what I gather I can order on or after December 5th. If any changes to that date please post. Thanks for the help so far.

B-Man

Last edited by boveman; 11/16/11 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11/16/11, 04:25 PM
GT Member

Order #2 was accepted today. Same options as before. Hopefully I don't get bumped to a 13. I'm not digging the new front bumper and I reallllly want kona!
Old 11/16/11, 09:46 PM
I Have No Life

Deysha
Thanks, Deysha. From what I gather I can order on or after December 5th. If any changes to that date please post. Thanks for the help so far.

B-Man[/QUOTE]

Order #2 was accepted today. Same options as before. Hopefully I don't get bumped to a 13. I'm not digging the new front bumper and I reallllly want kona!
I hope you both get your cars soon... guys, let me just say, it's WELL worth the wait. I already got the mod bug, and upgraded my exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkW4hj69bHo
Old 11/17/11, 08:01 AM

Hey Deysha! I was just wondering if you have any good news for me on delivery yet. Thanks!
Old 11/17/11, 12:40 PM

Thanks Deysha... oh you KNOW I will. I already have 50 miles on her, and it's been less than a day... haha. Having just 9.6 miles seems so long ago

And yes, when the sun hits it, hints of purple, black, and gray abound.

I'm glad I got a 2012... no more Kona for 2013 and beyond. Deep Impact Blue is not even close. As to why Ford stopped Kona, is BEYOND me. But hey, rarer the better for me.
Correct!!! Lol!! Congrats again!!

No problem, boveman!

Order #2 was accepted today. Same options as before.
Send me the new order number, jtmears.

Originally Posted by Indiana'12
Hey Deysha! I was just wondering if you have any good news for me on delivery yet. Thanks!
Ooooh snap!!!! Call your dealer, Indiana'12!!!!! It's there, congrats!!!!

Deysha
Old 11/17/11, 12:52 PM

Thanks Deysha!!!!! The dealer actually just called a little bit ago. I just wanted to thank you for all your help. You have helped me keep my sanity. I'm going to pick it up Saturday morning. I'll share some pics after I get it. Thanks again!!!
Old 11/17/11, 05:23 PM
GT Member

Deysha, how we doing on my ride? All these guys getting their cars. I'm going mad! Plus I'm leaving town on the 22nd for a week! Of course I expect the dealer to call on the 22nd after I'm gone, that'll ruin turkey day! Lol
Old 11/18/11, 07:28 AM

Thanks Deysha!!!!! The dealer actually just called a little bit ago. I just wanted to thank you for all your help. You have helped me keep my sanity. I'm going to pick it up Saturday morning. I'll share some pics after I get it. Thanks again!!!
That is awesome, Indiana'12! Congrats again and I'll be waiting on pictures!!

Originally Posted by orpheus
Deysha, how we doing on my ride? All these guys getting their cars. I'm going mad! Plus I'm leaving town on the 22nd for a week!
It has not shipped yet, orpheus. Keep checking in with me.

Deysha
Old 11/19/11, 03:02 PM

Here's the new special lady in my life! I've already put 100 miles on it! Love the car! Thanks again Deysha for all of your help!
Old 11/19/11, 09:17 PM
I Have No Life

Very nice Indiana! Congrats on the car! U already have more miles than me!!!
Old 11/20/11, 10:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Send me the new order number, jtmears.

Deysha

Thanks Deysha. I don't have the order number right now but I'll call the dealer next week and get it for you. Maybe you can tell someone to put a rush on my order lol...
Old 11/20/11, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
She can put a rush?
Old 11/21/11, 08:30 AM

Here's the new special lady in my life! I've already put 100 miles on it! Love the car! Thanks again Deysha for all of your help!
Gorgeous!!!!!!! Congrats again, Indiana'12!!

Thanks Deysha. I don't have the order number right now but I'll call the dealer next week and get it for you. Maybe you can tell someone to put a rush on my order lol...
Originally Posted by TOGAN
She can put a rush?
Lol!! No problem, jtmears! I sure wish I could put a rush on orders, then again... You'll all be on the same boat.

Deysha
Old 11/22/11, 06:40 PM
I Have No Life

Deysha.... I just got a coupon from Ford for 750 customer cash AFTER I signed all the paper work. Less than a week ago. Is there something u and Ford can do to get the coupon to work still...I.e. retro fit it???
Old 11/24/11, 07:00 PM
I Have No Life

Deysha, response?
Old 11/24/11, 10:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Deysha, response?
Use it towards accessories like side scoops or window louvers
Old 11/25/11, 09:15 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TOGAN
Use it towards accessories like side scoops or window louvers
Huh? I don't even know if I get it in the first place. I need to wait for Deysha's response.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition