V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry it was 7/21
Old 7/31/11, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012 grabber blue gt
sorry it was 7/21
Wohoo another fellow grabber blue!!! Don't worry, it takes awhile for your car to get an assignment to be passed to scheduling. Just keep in touch with Deysha with your order number. She worked some magic keeping me informed every step of the way! My dealer didn't say anything to me until it arrived, even though I knew it was there already.

Last edited by flySWA737; 7/31/11 at 10:17 PM.
Old 8/1/11, 07:42 AM

Sigh....I am at home on my dial up connection. I can't even bring up the Window Sticker from here. Mine was supposed to be built on Friday. I hope it was. I know I am dreaming but the August 8 delivery would be great.

We had not told anyone I was buying this except our oldest son. When I told him it was being built he ordered something for me and had it shipped to me. Youngest son was here when I unknowingly opened. Now HE knows. I really want the car before he goes back to college!

BTW, I have heard suggestions that a woman my age buying this car is having a mid-life crisis. My son said, "No, you aren't. This is the car you have wanted since you were a kid. Now that you don't have three boys in the house to insure and put through college you are getting it. That was you being practical, not crazy."

I am getting a little crazy now, though! I want that car!!!

Question: My oldest son bought me something called "Clear Mask" for the car. It is a 3M product. Anyone know anything about this? Makes me a little nervous but he says that the nerdy engineer in him thinks it is a good thing.

Thanks!
Old 8/1/11, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elvism
I got all my add ons before I even have the car.LOL.. 10 days to go.. getting more exciting by the day..My only concern is I leave for vac on the 12th for 4 days.. I hate to take it to the airport. Unless i take a limo service to take me..6am flight..ouch!! So I'm kind of hoping delivery of car is delayed until i come back..Would dealer hold car there?? I would say no..Trade in is involved...thoughts?? Ill call next friday to get update of delivery
Just called 800 Ford hotline just to check status on car if in transit..told me car will be at dealer tomorrow ..****!!! was suppose to be next tuesday..Dealer call after lunch
Old 8/1/11, 12:01 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AC711
Hi Ford Customer Service,

I just joined the site as a member and I'm new to the mustang family. I placed an order for my 2012 mustang a few weeks ago and was looking for some guidance with regards to tracking it. I read this thread and figured I jump on the line.

I sent a PM to you, let me know if you can assist.

Thanks

2012 Mustang GT Premium - Kona Blue
Thank you for reaching out to me! I'll continue to be here until you are sitting in it! And after that too!
Originally Posted by 99mstng
Thanks Deysha!
You're welcome!!
Originally Posted by DetTigers
I picked up my California Special yesterday and I'm loving it! Here's a few pics after it's 1st coat of wax. Thank you to Deysha and FCS for keeping me in the loop, made waiting much easier!
Awesome new ride DetTigers!!

Originally Posted by blk12vert
I just heard from Deysha. I ordered my GT on 7/5, the build date is 8/8 and delivery is set for 8/25 and I have the VIN number. Hopefully there won't be too many delays.

Thanks Deysha!
Originally Posted by blackgt87
Got my base GT today! I don't know if the phone calls are what made it ship or not, but anyway its a great car!

I still will probably never order another car again.

I got 125 miles on it today and I didn't even leave the dealer until 2pm lol.

Oh and the MT-82 shifts like BUTTER. So smooth.
You guys are very welcome! Glad to hear you finally got yours blackgt87!!

Originally Posted by elvism
I got all my add ons before I even have the car.LOL.. 10 days to go.. getting more exciting by the day..My only concern is I leave for vac on the 12th for 4 days.. I hate to take it to the airport. Unless i take a limo service to take me..6am flight..ouch!! So I'm kind of hoping delivery of car is delayed until i come back..Would dealer hold car there?? I would say no..Trade in is involved...thoughts?? Ill call next friday to get update of delivery
Speak to your Sales Manager elvism. I don't see it being a problem.

Originally Posted by 2012 grabber blue gt
i orderd my car i think on 7/18 still no further info its a grabber blue gt premium 400a comfort package 3.55s
Hey 2012 grabber blue gt,

Send me a pm with your order number and dealer name when you get a chance. I can help you track it.

Deysha
Old 8/1/11, 12:24 PM

Talking

Hi Ford Customer Service,

I'm wondering if you could help me out with tracking my Mustang. I ordered it on 5/14 and was told it would arrive around 7/26. Then it was to arrive today but has not. They currently are showing an eta of 8/25. I'm getting tied of getting the run around.

Thanks,
Jamie
Old 8/2/11, 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
hey guys and gals,
i got an ETA from Deysha that my mustang would arrive 8/2 (which is today)
how close has this been to your cars coming in? should i expect a phone call today??
was it the week of your ETA date?
Old 8/2/11, 10:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Blue Horse
Sigh....I am at home on my dial up connection. I can't even bring up the Window Sticker from here. Mine was supposed to be built on Friday. I hope it was. I know I am dreaming but the August 8 delivery would be great.

We had not told anyone I was buying this except our oldest son. When I told him it was being built he ordered something for me and had it shipped to me. Youngest son was here when I unknowingly opened. Now HE knows. I really want the car before he goes back to college!

BTW, I have heard suggestions that a woman my age buying this car is having a mid-life crisis. My son said, "No, you aren't. This is the car you have wanted since you were a kid. Now that you don't have three boys in the house to insure and put through college you are getting it. That was you being practical, not crazy."

Question: My oldest son bought me something called "Clear Mask" for the car. It is a 3M product. Anyone know anything about this? Makes me a little nervous but he says that the nerdy engineer in him thinks it is a good thing.

Thanks!
I think it's GREAT that you're finally getting your dream car (I have a very similar story behind mine). Re the Clear Mask - I believe it's nearly identical to Clear Bra, which I had installed on mine. It's basically a bra for the front end (and other sensitive places, including the trunk lip where luggage sometimes rubs against while packing/unpacking). It is nearly invisible, lasts for years, and will protect against flying road objects that usually chip your paint over time. BUT, I strongly advise professional installation. I'm handy, but didn't dare touch this once I did research. You need a trained (they have a certification course) installer to assure it adheres correctly and air bubbles are not trapped.

I've included a couple of pics, only one of which you can (barely) make it out - as a faint line above the front tire, nearly parallel with the front end. I've been pleased with it. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck, and Have Fun!
Attached Thumbnails VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-1.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-p1080379.jpg  
Old 8/2/11, 10:57 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks!
Yes it's good! Protects the paint from road rocks and flying debris. I'm having it done as soon as my paint cures from the body shop. You should wait al least 30 to 60 days from your build date. It gives the paint time to cure.
Old 8/2/11, 10:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Lava Dude

I think it's GREAT that you're finally getting your dream car (I have a very similar story behind mine). Re the Clear Mask - I believe it's nearly identical to Clear Bra, which I had installed on mine. It's basically a bra for the front end (and other sensitive places, including the trunk lip where luggage sometimes rubs against while packing/unpacking). It is nearly invisible, lasts for years, and will protect against flying road objects that usually chip your paint over time. BUT, I strongly advise professional installation. I'm handy, but didn't dare touch this once I did research. You need a trained (they have a certification course) installer to assure it adheres correctly and air bubbles are not trapped.

I've included a couple of pics, only one of which you can (barely) make it out - as a faint line above the front tire, nearly parallel with the front end. I've been pleased with it. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck, and Have Fun!
+1 on the professional installer!
Old 8/3/11, 08:05 AM

My husband and I already discussed that we would need to wait 30+ days. From what the directions indicate we will have to wait that long for the temperatures to be in the right range. I know it will drive people on here nuts but if I decide to do it I know it will not be done by a "professional installer". I am not too worried about that. My husband restores cars for a hobby and he does everything himself. We have also built a hovercraft and did all the fiberglass ourselves. I think both of those experiences will relate pretty well to the installation.

I still am not sure I want to do it. Wish I could see it on a car in person.....Wish I could see MY car in person!!!

Thanks for your advice!
Old 8/3/11, 08:40 AM
V6 Member

Hey Deysha!! Check your PM - I'm dying to know what's delaying my build!!!
Old 8/3/11, 09:13 AM
GT Member

My husband and I already discussed that we would need to wait 30+ days. From what the directions indicate we will have to wait that long for the temperatures to be in the right range. I know it will drive people on here nuts but if I decide to do it I know it will not be done by a "professional installer". I am not too worried about that. My husband restores cars for a hobby and he does everything himself. We have also built a hovercraft and did all the fiberglass ourselves. I think both of those experiences will relate pretty well to the installation.

I still am not sure I want to do it. Wish I could see it on a car in person.....Wish I could see MY car in person!!!

Thanks for your advice!
It won't drive me nuts....but you may be driven nuts if you end up tearing it off 6 months after installing because you don't like the way it looks. I'm not saying your husband can't do it...I know I can do it, too. But it's all about familiarity with your trade. Just because I know how to build a house doesn't mean I want to tackle the varnish job on my cabinets. Sometimes it's best to let a professional finisher do what he/she is trained for. That's what I was referring to when I said my installer was trained by the manufacturer (XPEL) at a 2-week off-site program - then learned his trade over the next 12 years, finally running his own business. Multiple car dealerships in the San Francisco Bay Area send their cars to him for installation. Because of his familiarity with the product, his installation comes with a life-time guarantee. His fee? Figure 30-40% of the cost of the material.

From what I've seen, the lighter color the car, the less you'll notice it. And you can see be mine, it's as close to black as you can get - without being black. Don't know if it'll help you, but here's two close-ups - one with the ClearBra, one without. Can you tell which is which?
Attached Thumbnails VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-b.jpg  
Old 8/3/11, 10:12 AM

I think maybe the top picture has it on but I wouldnt' stake my life on it.

Thanks for the advice. If I could find someone around here to install it for even 100% of what the product cost, I would do that. It would be worth it not to have the stress but doing a search I found no one in this area.

I found your analogy amusing. We did build our own house and did ALL the finishing ourselves.

Since my car is Kona blue I know it would show up easily if we did a crappy job. That is the factor holding me back. Maybe I should buy some and put it on my MIL's Escape for practice. LOL It is that pearl white color.
Old 8/3/11, 11:10 AM
GT Member

I think maybe the top picture has it on but I wouldnt' stake my life on it.

Thanks for the advice. If I could find someone around here to install it for even 100% of what the product cost, I would do that. It would be worth it not to have the stress but doing a search I found no one in this area.

I found your analogy amusing. We did build our own house and did ALL the finishing ourselves.

Since my car is Kona blue I know it would show up easily if we did a crappy job. That is the factor holding me back. Maybe I should buy some and put it on my MIL's Escape for practice. LOL It is that pearl white color.
Good thing - It's the bottom pic
Old 8/3/11, 06:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
does anyone know where i could find the link to track my car using the vin to see where it is on the train/truck/etc.. to see when the car will be arriving at my local dealer? deysha gave me an ETA of 8/2 and the dealer still does not have it. i heard that there is a link to such a task but cannot find it. i found the link for the VIN to see what the window sticker would look like....any help???? please.. im dieing here...lol the wait is killing me....
Old 8/3/11, 06:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SINBUSTER007
does anyone know where i could find the link to track my car using the vin to see where it is on the train/truck/etc.. to see when the car will be arriving at my local dealer? deysha gave me an ETA of 8/2 and the dealer still does not have it. i heard that there is a link to such a task but cannot find it. i found the link for the VIN to see what the window sticker would look like....any help???? please.. im dieing here...lol the wait is killing me....
I know the dying feeling also, lol. My rig was supposed to be here 8/1 called FCS and they told me it was in route and in New Jersey (1 hour away) here it is the 3rd still no call from the dealer. As for a link to track the vehicle I don't think one exist for us civilians.
Old 8/5/11, 08:16 AM

Dealer just called.....IT IS HERE!!!!

Deysha had said on Monday but for some reason mine is early. It also got selected for Ford test driving. Salesman said it has 65 miles on it and a certificate to verify Ford did it. Don't know how I feel about that! But I am happy IT IS HERE!!!
Old 8/5/11, 09:08 AM
GT Member

My car is here!!!! Going to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks Deysha for keeping me sane. lol. I'll post pics as soon as I pick her up (the car not Deysha, lol)
Old 8/6/11, 11:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car arrives Tuesday but I have a situation..I travel this Thrus/Friday until the following Tuesday. I'm having the dealer install a few accesorries which one of them has to be painted.The thing is I don't want to leave a brand new car at the airport..I have a trade in involved so I think Im going to have the dealer hold my car at the dealership until I come back..Torture!!!

Last edited by elvism; 8/6/11 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition