Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/11, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Double-EDad

If you have a window sticker then you should also have the projected build date since the build date is encoded on the window sticker.
According to the sticker the projected build is 7/19.
Old 6/28/11, 08:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blackgt87
Just randomly typed my vin in to see if the window sticker was there AND ITS THERE!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wow I am probably way more excited than I should be lol
Lmao that happened to me yesterday, congrats bro. I'm gonna kinda miss clicking those two vin links in my bookmarks every 2 hours hours. Lol. At least I know it's a step closer.
Old 6/28/11, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BKStyles
Lmao that happened to me yesterday, congrats bro. I'm gonna kinda miss clicking those two vin links in my bookmarks every 2 hours hours. Lol. At least I know it's a step closer.

Thanks man. You too!! I had a tab just for that URL and I'd just hit refresh every so often, then it took awhile to load and I was like omg....omg....omg...then I about dislocated my elbows when I threw my arms up and scared the crap outta my dog!

I dunno why but the window sticker feels like such a big step, I know the date is 7/19 and thats a solid 3 weeks out (can't complain about time off for the 4th) but it feels good.
Old 6/28/11, 09:54 PM
GT Member

Thanks man. You too!! I had a tab just for that URL and I'd just hit refresh every so often, then it took awhile to load and I was like omg....omg....omg...then I about dislocated my elbows when I threw my arms up and scared the crap outta my dog!

I dunno why but the window sticker feels like such a big step, I know the date is 7/19 and thats a solid 3 weeks out (can't complain about time off for the 4th) but it feels good.
Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Best story ever! What color are u getting?
Old 6/29/11, 07:37 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bee bop
joelstangQuote:
This is getting a little rediculous here. My car has been at the rail depot in Atlanta since Thursday. I contacted my dealer this morning and they said they contacted the depot and it would be Wednesday before my car is here. Come on Atlanta is ony an hour away for pete's sake. Put the thing on a truck and deliver it already. It is taking longer for it to get from Atlanta to Bremen than it did to get from Flat Rock to Atlanta. Sorry I just needed to vent.

Did your status say awaiting shipment when it got to your depot?

Joelstang, Right now I don't know what the status says. I haven't asked Deshya or call customer service since it is virtualy here all I know is that it is sitting at the rail depot with a status of hot and they say it will be here tomorrow. I hope so. I want to pick it up this week, but it needs the stripes installed first. so here's hoping. This is what it should look like when it is ready.
It is here. I am at the dealers signing the paperwork as we speak. The stripes will be installed tomorrow and I will picket up Thursday. Here are some pics better ones when I officially pick it up.
I was about to say... I knew it was there!! CONGRATS bee bop!!! I hope you enjoy your new ride!

Deysha
Old 6/29/11, 07:43 AM
Cobra Member

Because it doesn't feel real until you see the window sticker! When you see it it's like proof they are building it for u!
Old 6/29/11, 07:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Got my window sticker yesterday (6/27) one step closer.
Yeeeeyyyy!!!

Deysha
Old 6/29/11, 08:10 AM

Sorry Folks!

The pictures of my new Mustang were promised to be posted four weeks ago. I do not own a still camera and it has taken me this long to figure out how to record still images on my video camera using a media card, then transferring those images to the computer. Let's hope that the final step of posting them here can be accomplished without a hitch.
Attached Thumbnails VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-003.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-008.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-011.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-007.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-012.jpg  

Old 6/29/11, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LaVARedOM
The pictures of my new Mustang were promised to be posted four weeks ago. I do not own a still camera and it has taken me this long to figure out how to record still images on my video camera using a media card, then transferring those images to the computer. Let's hope that the final step of posting them here can be accomplished without a hitch.
That shine in the first pic is spectacular. Awesome car.
Old 6/29/11, 08:44 AM

Yeah, so my car is only 20 miles away from my dealer and it is just sitting there with an ETA of the week of the 6th. That is the most retarded crap I've ever heard. How does a car move 1500 miles in 4 days just to sit 20 miles away and collect dust. I have waited a long time for this car and I'm on the verge of walking away from it and buying something else. Sorry guys, had to vent.
Old 6/29/11, 09:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LaVARedOM
That is nice! Don't you just love the Lava Red?!? Inside and out. I took mine to a Mustang/Cobra show last weekend, and while the main theme was certainly 60's, Shelby's, and mods, the "ho-hum stock" V-6 2012 Lava Red got a LOT of attention - especially once the sun hit it.

We were lucky to get these before the color was discontinued. Enjoy.
Old 6/29/11, 10:47 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey Joe T,

The ETA is to the dealer. Also, you might want to give them a call this afternoon or tomorrow.

Deysha
Just got a call from my dealer, the car is in. Will pick it up on this Friday.
Thank you for your updates. Your the best.
All Customer Service people should emulate you, I hope Ford appreciates your efforts.

Joe
Old 6/29/11, 11:21 AM

Hey Deysha,

Based on what you're seeing on VIN pick vs build week, how many more weeks do I have to get a VIN before I am into a September delivery? Looking at the posted VIN/build dates, I think I am getting pretty close.

I ask because if the car does not get delivered before September, I will cancel the order and try again in March. A September delivery only gives me 3 - 4 weeks to enjoy a convertible before it goes into the garage for the winter. So I might as well wait instead of paying to have the car sit so soon.

If you can be honest in the open forum, fantastic, if not.. pm me.. I will not hold you liable j/k

Last edited by lidserra; 6/29/11 at 11:22 AM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 6/29/11, 11:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for your help Deysha. Can't wait for tomorrow when I can pick her up. it was pure torture just only being able to sit in the car and not drive it yesterday. It hadn't been through service for its delivery checkup yet. so I just got to sit in it and play with the sync system some. The sad thing is I am already buying items for it. I have purchased the tri-bar and pony for the fenders and smaller ones for the interior door pannels. I just ordered some hood struts and the engine cover. I have got to stop. For now at least.
Old 6/29/11, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Best story ever! What color are u getting?

Kona Blue!!
Old 6/29/11, 04:09 PM
GT Member

It's here !!!!!!!! Swung by the dealer on my way back from a doctor's appointment, hoping on the chance that my Boss 302 showed up. It rolled off the transporter about 5 mins prior to me arriving.

Snapped a few quick crappy pics as I couldn't stay around and needed to get back to work. I don't think my sales guy even knows it's here yet !!

I'll post a few pics in a little while ...
Attached Thumbnails VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-001.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-002.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-004.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-005.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-006.jpg  

Last edited by Cobra 2997; 6/30/11 at 12:53 PM.
Old 6/29/11, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats to everyone getting their new cars! Best feeling in the world is that first drive home in your new car! Enjoy them all!!
Old 6/29/11, 07:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by flySWA737
Congrats to everyone getting their new cars! Best feeling in the world is that first drive home in your new car! Enjoy them all!!
Driving mine to work for the 1st time tomorrow (it's been raining here too much and I let my 19-yr-old son drive it home form the dealer - I was in the car, don't worry). So excited!

One negative - the passenger side airbag panels on the dash (you know, the 401A dash I paid an extra $395 for): one of them was dented, so now I have to take the car BACK to the dealer (40 minutes away in another city) so the right person can look at it and order a replacement part (and then go back again at a later date to get it instaled). When i pointed it out to them after 6pm Monday night, this ONE person who can order such stuff was already gone for the day! I have half a mind to speak to the dealer's GM tomorrow, since his dealer's bureaucratic BS is causing me considerable inconvenience! The GM is the only who can cut thru the red tape for me.
Old 6/29/11, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Driving mine to work for the 1st time tomorrow (it's been raining here too much and I let my 19-yr-old son drive it home form the dealer - I was in the car, don't worry). So excited!

One negative - the passenger side airbag panels on the dash (you know, the 401A dash I paid an extra $395 for): one of them was dented, so now I have to take the car BACK to the dealer (40 minutes away in another city) so the right person can look at it and order a replacement part (and then go back again at a later date to get it instaled). When i pointed it out to them after 6pm Monday night, this ONE person who can order such stuff was already gone for the day! I have half a mind to speak to the dealer's GM tomorrow, since his dealer's bureaucratic BS is causing me considerable inconvenience! The GM is the only who can cut thru the red tape for me.
Haha your son is two years younger than me! He most likely enjoyed that drive!! Makes me feel young on this site.

Good to hear your enjoying a mustang again (besides the airbag panel). I assume that grabber blue makes you smile every time you look at it. I have to do a double take every time I walk up to my car!!!

Last edited by flySWA737; 6/29/11 at 08:30 PM.
Old 6/29/11, 10:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't you just e,mail the right person pics? That's a lot of miles for some bs........

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition