2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/11, 12:18 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I got a ticket on AFM while trying to keep Matero informed.
I wonder how many launches he did to get to where he's at?

He and the other five ladies are "uninformable". There are 25 new pages a day on that same thread... all with the same small group agreeing with each other. It looks like a tupperware party that just goes on and on and they just keep trading the same dollar back and forth.

Last edited by brycerichert; 9/30/11 at 12:33 AM.
Old 9/30/11, 12:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by brycerichert
I wonder how many launches he did to get to where he's at?

He and the group of 5 are "uninformable". There are 25 new pages a day on that same thread... all with the same small group agreeing with each other.

You got ticket wow I wonder why I haven't got one .
Old 9/30/11, 12:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
He was logged on here earlier but I guess he had nothing to post.
Guess not but the complaints to NTHSB keep piling up. The mt82 does have issues. There is no question about it. Ford so far is just blowing it off and Im blowing them off for a new car purchase. They have blown this imo as far as customer relations. China made stuff just doesnt cut it and Alan should know better because it bit Boeing also on the 787 Dreamliner plane. Cheap is not always cheapest.

To say im disappointed is an understatment.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 9/30/11 at 01:01 AM.
Old 9/30/11, 01:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by chevys
Guess not but the complaints to NTHSB keep piling up. The mt82 does have issues. There is no question about it. Ford so far is just blowing it off and Im blowing them off for a new car purchase. They have blown this imo as far as customer relations. China made stuff just doesnt cut it and Alan should know better because it bit Boeing also on the 787 Dreamliner plane. Cheap is not always cheapest.

O yes... totally piling up. Stats 101.

You will be replaced by someone that buys one, don't worry.. A very high percentage of them work just fine. A VERY high percentage.

Global supply chains are the standard and have been for years. You typing into this forum really just proves that it works just fine.
Old 9/30/11, 02:33 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by chevys

Really how do you know this as a fact. How do you know they're just blowing poeple off because they don't come out and say something. Most manufacterers don't say anything but that don't mean they're not working on it. Funny most think they need play by play on every step they do. I wouldn't tell you either can you see few hundred all up in there business giving there opinions on everything ummm NOOOOO it's distraction. Does it really matter where it's made from you can have the same problem if it was made here then what would we blame it on????

I guess liners I put in ISX Cummins are going to break because they're made in China funny they have been made there since 1998 with no problems. Have had problems with pistons in the past they're made here please explain this.

I like to see you make a car for everyone see if you can please everyone and have no issues

Last edited by pdmustgt; 9/30/11 at 02:34 AM.
Old 9/30/11, 03:34 AM
GT Member

The most interesting man in the world says....
Attached Thumbnails NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems-china.jpg  
Old 9/30/11, 07:11 AM
GT Member

He seems to vanish any time you mention that he should give out his VIN for everyone to see Ford's side of the story.
Old 9/30/11, 08:49 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just waiting for the NHTSA to submit their findings. That's the only thing that really matters at this point. If Ford doesn't issue any kind of recall or TSB, that's the next biggest thing for every owner to care about. Really, it's just a waiting game at this point.
Old 9/30/11, 10:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by pdmustgt
You got ticket wow I wonder why I haven't got one .
I was posting some facts that Matero didn't want to hear so the tupperware girls ganged up on me. You can view my ticket below my avatar on AFM.
Old 9/30/11, 12:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
I was posting some facts that Matero didn't want to hear so the tupperware girls ganged up on me. You can view my ticket below my avatar on AFM.
it is a sad and pathetic group. They have visions of 20/20 picking up this tiny little thing. Sad really.
Old 9/30/11, 12:15 PM
GT Member

Earlier this week a new person posted in that AFM thread, some 20 year old, saying something to the effect of "Ford will take care of you, just be patient". Man, did those guys tear into him... You would have thought he was personally sabotaging their MT82s and sleeping with their wives. It was completely uncalled for and classless. I need to stop giving that thread hits, but it has become a morning ritual to see what ignorant posts have shown up in the last 24 hours, lol.
Old 9/30/11, 12:25 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
You guys are gonna make me sign up at AFM just to troll those guys in that thread.
Old 9/30/11, 12:34 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JobeNole44
Earlier this week a new person posted in that AFM thread, some 20 year old, saying something to the effect of "Ford will take care of you, just be patient". Man, did those guys tear into him... You would have thought he was personally sabotaging their MT82s and sleeping with their wives. It was completely uncalled for and classless. I need to stop giving that thread hits, but it has become a morning ritual to see what ignorant posts have shown up in the last 24 hours, lol.
Did you ever google his name? He's had about same problem with all cars he's owned but goes on rampage about on how's he's getting screwed. Then posts goofy crap thats not true but treats it as fact funny thing if we was talking face to face he wouldn't act this way.

Last edited by pdmustgt; 9/30/11 at 12:36 PM.
Old 9/30/11, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I'm just waiting for the NHTSA to submit their findings. That's the only thing that really matters at this point. If Ford doesn't issue any kind of recall or TSB, that's the next biggest thing for every owner to care about. Really, it's just a waiting game at this point.
You are correct sir. Hopefully there will be some sort of fix with those with problems. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Thunderbird room at Ford headquarters when this topic comes up. They are quietly in full damage control mode Im certain.
Old 9/30/11, 01:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Did you ever google his name? He's had about same problem with all cars he's owned but goes on rampage about on how's he's getting screwed. Then posts goofy crap thats not true but treats it as fact funny thing if we was talking face to face he wouldn't act this way.
Oh, I have followed this from the beginning, wondering if there was a problem with the MT82.

Matero loses me when he claims it is a FACT that this is not a fluid issue, not a clutch issue, not a shifter issue, but is obviously due to Chinese manufacturing and the FACT that Ford rushed this car into production. He is a no-nothing internet expert that runs back to AFM when other forums question his motives...
Old 9/30/11, 01:30 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Its a curse. Punishment from Henry Ford,George Washington, and Abe Lincoln for using Chinese products in an American icon vehicle. Serves you bastards at Ford right.
Old 9/30/11, 02:06 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
then go to the bbb and get a lawyer and handle business.....
Old 9/30/11, 02:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cbaty08
I'm no jmatero cheerleader by any means, but do me a favor and listen to others like me, who aren't making any bogus presumptions or slandering comments about the origin of parts; I have a stock car, never tracked/raced and it's on it's third tranny and still have horrible notchiness/rake, lockouts on 3rd @ WOT, sometimes impossible to get into reverse and the **** whine again...
I think people here literally think that Jmatero has you in a trance, that your tranny is fine and he's just convinced you there's a problem.

They only have two arguments:
1) Jmatero is complaining a lot, so therefore he must just want the attention and there's no problem.
2) The majority of cars don't have problems, so why worry?

Remove jmatero from the equation people, there are still cars that need to be fixed. And many of them have had no luck with any combination of clutch/fluid/shifter changes.

And telling someone to just go straight to the BBB/lawyer? That's not very helpful either, I'm sure most people would still love to keep their car if they could be fixed.

And what's up with people stalking Jmatero and seeing when he logs in here? kinda creepy (as they put my name into google)

Last edited by jedikd; 9/30/11 at 02:09 PM.
Old 9/30/11, 02:16 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I had to back in 2006 with a car...

and yes telling them to go to the BBB is the proper route. you will have a someone help you talk to ford and record all that is going on. its of much more use then going on forums and telling people that can do little or Nothing about it. The BBB can force a companys hand.

Its good to put the word out but you should not expect that to fix the problem.

I got 10k my car returned and paided off and my lawyer paid 8k.
Old 9/30/11, 02:18 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Cbaty08
And I just may HAVE TO.

Why? Because there are people like you who lay down every day and get it stuck to them. My car is under warranty and they better **** well fix it.

End of story. No BS. Fixed.
my car hasnt had a issue. I feel lucky and would like to help others as I always have. But people who cannot help themselfs always end up needing to be bottle fed a fix for everything.

Last edited by Flagstang; 9/30/11 at 02:21 PM.

Quick Reply: NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems