Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Matero's latest Mustang hate thread.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...n-problem.html
Old 10/13/11, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nycuser
I even saw one where they are making fun of J.D. How do you explain that? There's millions of Vin number on ebay, Ford.com or just google for one. The J.D army will do anything to support their god. I will not be surprised that most of them are bogus. I am not saying they are all BS, i am sure alot of them are from real people.
Well, we'll see how good the name to vin system is if that is the case. I think the fakes will be discovered on some level given what I've read. On JD powers the current mustang got bad/average marks for drivetrain and engine, but still got a 9/10 overall. Really didn't make much sense. I never much cared for JD powers methods and reports anyway.

As I read the daily 'ooh another NHTSA report' copy and paste I am noticing that cases where someone couldn't rev-match a downshift well enough to change gears are becoming 'safety issues'. Today's was another prime example where someone is coasting with the clutch pedal in where road speed and input shaft speed are mismatched, the transmission doesn't want to shift, he releases the clutch pedal and pushes it back in, the revs match better, he tries again and the transmission goes into the gear he wants.... It sounds normal to me.

This sort of thing is just watering down the real problems some people are having. It's likely going to backfire in some form or fashion and the worst backfire possible is going to be no more manual transmission. One where future mustangs will just get a video game shifted automatic with software safeties to keep people from doing stupid things. Ford seems to like to dumb things down for the LCD customer and has in the past. The other end of the backfire spectrum is that the whole thing is closed because there's too much noise in the reports.
Old 10/13/11, 06:54 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope Fords legal team sends out a C&D letter to Mr. Matero in the near future. Good god this is getting annoying.
Old 10/13/11, 07:13 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Trolls gotta come out once a month to feed...big surprise.
Old 10/13/11, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
I hope Fords legal team sends out a C&D letter to Mr. Matero in the near future. Good god this is getting annoying.
Yes this is getting very annoying!I hope Ford finds a fix for these things soon!
Old 10/13/11, 11:36 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I feel sorry for that guy. I mean really.. to be so hate filled and not know how to use a mustang or any other car hes owned.
Old 10/13/11, 11:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost

I'm surprised they haven't yet. It's one thing giving out your opinion but the way he does it just spreading lies.
Old 10/13/11, 11:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by knk11stang
Yes this is getting very annoying!I hope Ford finds a fix for these things soon!

There is no fix for his car expect different owner. Every car he ever owned has some defect
Old 10/14/11, 12:01 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
There is no fix for his car expect different owner. Every car he ever owned has some defect
and he is that defect
Old 10/14/11, 12:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 97GT12
Well, we'll see how good the name to vin system is if that is the case. I think the fakes will be discovered on some level given what I've read. On JD powers the current mustang got bad/average marks for drivetrain and engine, but still got a 9/10 overall. Really didn't make much sense. I never much cared for JD powers methods and reports anyway.

As I read the daily 'ooh another NHTSA report' copy and paste I am noticing that cases where someone couldn't rev-match a downshift well enough to change gears are becoming 'safety issues'. Today's was another prime example where someone is coasting with the clutch pedal in where road speed and input shaft speed are mismatched, the transmission doesn't want to shift, he releases the clutch pedal and pushes it back in, the revs match better, he tries again and the transmission goes into the gear he wants.... It sounds normal to me.

This sort of thing is just watering down the real problems some people are having. It's likely going to backfire in some form or fashion and the worst backfire possible is going to be no more manual transmission. One where future mustangs will just get a video game shifted automatic with software safeties to keep people from doing stupid things. Ford seems to like to dumb things down for the LCD customer and has in the past. The other end of the backfire spectrum is that the whole thing is closed because there's too much noise in the reports.
You bring up some valid points.

Tt should be noted that synchronizers were developed specifically so you don't have to rev match. Not everyone knows how to do it. However it's not a skill required for safely and correctly driving a modern manual transmission.

This isn't a dog box transmission with straight cut gears and absence of synchronizers. If the clutch is fully depressed, it should change gear.

The problem with this thread is that it's become a beacon for anti-JMatero-ism. However, there are us out there not spreading gossip, rumor and general hate, but still have transmissions with issues. Because one guy has a bad attitude, we've all been grouped in that same place and trust me it's not a fun place to be.

An investigation is just that. Do you guys not think that the NHTSA doesn't know that there are people that just suck at driving a manual, or that are on a tirade? That's why they investigate in the first place, to cut through the rhetoric and get to the bottom of what may or may not be going on.

Let the process work.

We don't need 10 pages of loyalists saying "can't drive, can't drive, can't drive" over and over. They're the same as JMatero, but on the opposite spectrum.
Old 10/14/11, 12:06 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I say why not??? lets have a 100 pages of the same.. it wont change the out come of the investigation. None of these forums or whine and cheese parties will.
Old 10/14/11, 05:27 AM

He said he is contacted by Edmund, NHTSA, NBC, etcc.... and next he will say he is contact by UFO, OBama, Oprah and Jesus.
Old 10/14/11, 07:12 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
All I can say to the MT82 crowd with issues is that your poster child is suspect.
Old 10/14/11, 07:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i can't believe how many people get so butt hurt over this at all.... it's comical on both sides to be honest. The Jmatero follows and the Jmatero bashers are both at the same level of annoyance. Those with the transmission issues that have made a post and went on about their business i applaud you, even though that post has usually been followed up with negative comments by those not having issues.

Yes, Jmatero has become the face of the MT-82 problem and with his history he is not a great spokes person. Those on the other side of the fence following from site to site.....your poster ain't looking much better.

IT'S THE INTERNET.... just like TV you can change to something different. No one is forcing you to read any of these threads....

Me... I like to come in and get updates for my nephew (2011 GT Mt-82 issues) and for the comic relief from both sides....
Old 10/14/11, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jlmounce
You bring up some valid points.

Tt should be noted that synchronizers were developed specifically so you don't have to rev match. Not everyone knows how to do it. However it's not a skill required for safely and correctly driving a modern manual transmission.

This isn't a dog box transmission with straight cut gears and absence of synchronizers. If the clutch is fully depressed, it should change gear.

The problem with this thread is that it's become a beacon for anti-JMatero-ism. However, there are us out there not spreading gossip, rumor and general hate, but still have transmissions with issues. Because one guy has a bad attitude, we've all been grouped in that same place and trust me it's not a fun place to be.

An investigation is just that. Do you guys not think that the NHTSA doesn't know that there are people that just suck at driving a manual, or that are on a tirade? That's why they investigate in the first place, to cut through the rhetoric and get to the bottom of what may or may not be going on.

Let the process work.

We don't need 10 pages of loyalists saying "can't drive, can't drive, can't drive" over and over. They're the same as JMatero, but on the opposite spectrum.
Synchronizers have limits to them. There are a multitude of "problems" now be reported that are very normal behavior for manual transmissions. There is only a certain range of speed differences between gears that synchros can accomodate. Just try to jam a car into first or second gear at 80mph and watch the trans not want to do it. And sometimes the transmission will stop at a rotation where the shifter can't move it into one gear or another. Playing these things up hurts those with actual issues.

Government is ultimately a political process so I don't trust that things will go well with a government investigation. The political processes in the USA, both government and corporate tend towards dumbing things down. Also people now want to see 'something done' which often doesn't take a form that works out very well. Political processes don't do well in discounting people who don't know what they are doing. They work on perception. People who perceive problems will want to see something done about them. Those seeing problems with normal MT behavior can only have these addressed by going away from a traditional manual transmission.

Just a note: Keep in mind I'm not saying "can't drive" I am saying amplifying people who can't drive diminishes the real problems that some people are having. In the quest to make the MT82 bigger, the real issues are being diminished both in perception and the eventual action to resolve people's concerns.

Last edited by 97GT12; 10/14/11 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10/14/11, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

FORD was supposedly to have ALL of their stuff in to NHTSA today, we will see how it goes from there..

I have filed a complaint, and never been contacted by anyone reguarding the investigation.
I'm sitting quietly in the background waiting to hear something about the small issues i have with my trans.
Old 10/14/11, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I've been doing a little looking around the web and found some tallies on NHTSA investigations. Seems they are rather common. Just as a example, the 2003 mustang and the 2000 accord both had 10 investigations. ( http://www.fordproblems.com/investigations/ )
Old 10/14/11, 02:49 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

THAT CANNOT BE!!! ONLY MT82 CARS HAVE PROBLEMS!!! LIES!!!
Old 10/14/11, 11:57 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for every ****ty transmission I've ever had both foreign and domestic.

In my laziness I missed a 3-4 shift in my '07 yesterday. Can I get a new car now.
Old 10/15/11, 12:59 AM
V6 Member

Ask fanboy it's safety problem he will help you

Quick Reply: NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems