Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/11, 09:49 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nycuser
Jmatero has stop posting in most Mustang forums now. He only trolls AFM with his many user names. Even he is sick and tired of this whining. I don't go to AFM much as he and his boyfriends still running their mouth. They turn EVERYTHING into Mt82 sucks. It gets old months ago.
He always gets quiet when you start asking for his VIN to check and see Ford's side of the story.

Just needs to let the lemon law process work and go buy a Camaro...or any other car that I will never own.
Old 10/5/11, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The Horror. The Horror.
Old 10/5/11, 08:18 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
all is quite
Old 10/5/11, 08:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
all is quite
I'll get it going then......

I believe most people's problems with the tranmissions are those either new to manual tranmissions, don't know how to manage the skip shift feature, or have abused the transmission and then want a bail out.

Again, I saw "most". I believe there are a few people who have actual transmission issues, as well as a few people with the venting issue, and a few with the "ticking" issue.

Here is a post I just got points for over on AFM that regarded that types of supposed submissions to NHSTA and how they alwasy seem to be a semi bearing down on them rather than a Geo. They said the post was "off topic"... I think Jmatero is visiting someone at night.

Allentown and I are just jabbing each other , having fun... and they STILL delete my posts and give me points..... ONLY in that thread!!!!

WHAT gives????? It's not a forum for open discussion at all at this point.

---begin quote----

---Quote (Originally by Allentown)---
Understood.

I see absolutely no risk to the occupants of a Mustang who are run over by a tractor trailer.
---End Quote---

Brycerichert says.......

Well, I don't see any that say Geo Metros are bearing down on them. Are those people just not posting to the NHSTA site or are the defaulting tranmissions only defaulting in front of large rigs?

Perhaps they don't see the Geo Metros because they are so small, get hit, and aren't alive to post after the fact?

I wonder what all those tractor rig drivers are thinking about looking down on all the Mustang drivers turning waiting while the stang drivers are letting all the Geo's and other cars by first before making that left.

Really though, the kids asked to see the "mama" video again with the "mama" saying 'whaaaaat!!!!"
---End Quote---
Old 10/5/11, 09:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do yourself a favor, cut your losses, and avoid it. Not worth your time, or anyone's for that matter.
Old 10/6/11, 01:52 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Overboost
Do yourself a favor, cut your losses, and avoid it. Not worth your time, or anyone's for that matter.
I would have to agree.. thats why I wont even waste my time to post.
Old 10/7/11, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I agree with this. I went in thinking I was dealing with justifiable anger and some ignorance. Thought I could help with the later. I slowly began to realize that I was right about the anger but not about the ignorance. I just decided not to respond to JM's latest post towards me (and stay out of the thread from now on) when I was searching (again) for a source to the Ford Transit thing and came across a post where he claims to have a BSME. Today he claims to have BSIE. If either or both are true the things I was bringing to the discussion he should already know, which to me, means that it is not ignorance. He should know the things I was bringing to the discussion if he's used those degrees in the last 15 years.

BTW, I've yet to find these reports of widespread MT82 problems in Ford transit vans. I did find things like 'top ten problems of Ford Transits' and things like that and the closest it got was that there was/is a problem with clutches blowing apart. I even started searching Transit forums and found nothing of interest. Maybe I didn't get the right terms, but I can't find anything like the mustang problems. Not saying it isn't there, but to find it I'm going to need some better search terms.

What I dislike like about the whole thing is the amplification of noise. I couldn't get my mazda to go into first from a dead stop tonight... I had to lift off the clutch pedal and push it back down and it slipped right in... part of driving an MT IMO... Sometimes the interior bits just aren't lined up so let them spin a little and all is well. These things should not even be in the discussion (when they happen in Mustangs) but it does get the numbers up. It's really a dis-service to the people with actual problems. It diminishes valid claims.

Last edited by 97GT12; 10/7/11 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10/7/11, 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 97GT12
I agree with this. I went in thinking I was dealing with justifiable anger and some ignorance. Thought I could help with the later. I slowly began to realize that I was right about the anger but not about the ignorance. I just decided not to respond to JM's latest post towards me (and stay out of the thread from now on) when I was searching (again) for a source to the Ford Transit thing and came across a post where he claims to have a BSME. Today he claims to have BSIE. If either or both are true the things I was bringing to the discussion he should already know, which to me, means that it is not ignorance. He should know the things I was bringing to the discussion if he's used those degrees in the last 15 years.

BTW, I've yet to find these reports of widespread MT82 problems in Ford transit vans. I did find things like 'top ten problems of Ford Transits' and things like that and the closest it got was that there was/is a problem with clutches blowing apart. I even started searching Transit forums and found nothing of interest. Maybe I didn't get the right terms, but I can't find anything like the mustang problems. Not saying it isn't there, but to find it I'm going to need some better search terms.

What I dislike like about the whole thing is the amplification of noise. I couldn't get my mazda to go into first from a dead stop tonight... I had to lift off the clutch pedal and push it back down and it slipped right in... part of driving an MT IMO... Sometimes the interior bits just aren't lined up so let them spin a little and all is well. These things should not even be in the discussion (when they happen in Mustangs) but it does get the numbers up. It's really a dis-service to the people with actual problems. It diminishes valid claims.
Matero makes it up as he goes and his sheep follow him.
Old 10/8/11, 01:13 AM
GT Member

Why have we let JM become a local 'celebrity' on these threads?
Old 10/8/11, 06:22 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by JerseyGT
Why have we let JM become a local 'celebrity' on these threads?
I'd say it's more of case of infamy than celebrity.
Old 10/10/11, 03:17 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

sounds like VD to me
Old 10/10/11, 01:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 600 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
sounds like VD to me
Maybe some penicillin will help.
Old 10/11/11, 12:08 AM

Maybe the MT-82 just needs to be raced more. This from a Corvette guy:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1578852445-post34.html

Good morning everyone..

Here is some more Grist for the mill.. I love my corvettes and we work on a lot of them, but...

FYI we took a 2011 Mustnag GT to the SCCA runoffs this year. It is a great car and very reliable.

Here are some real life data points...

---we have had NO transmission problems in 11 races.

---For a live rear axle, the car handles VERY well.. You will be surprised.

---The ford 5.0 engine is also very reliable. Tuned, we make about 380hhp at the rear wheels with a restrictor and it revs to 7200 RPMs. 10 races and no issues. None.

---Lap times at Road america were in the 2:27 to 2:28 range. Not far off most c5 T-1 corvettes. About as fast as the porsches 996's and the 370Z.

we use Penske shocks, Hawk brake pads, Ford suspension components and a Torsen rear diff. Car weighs 3650 with driver and no fuel (scca mandated weight) and 150 pounds of ballast.

All in all it has been an EXCELLENT experience racing it. No wheel bearing issues, no engine issues, no transmission issues.. The only real problem was a slave cylinder that leaked after 10 races and occasionally warped stock rotors from heavy usage..

At approximately $31000 with the brembo package this is a great car for he street, and easily upgraded to track day staus..

Ford has done a great job with it.

Joe

Old 10/11/11, 12:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wonder what clutch that car uses
Old 10/11/11, 12:47 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by CaptDistraction
I wonder what clutch that car uses
Bet its not made in Turkey.
Old 10/11/11, 12:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Bet its not made in Turkey.
Old 10/11/11, 01:01 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by CaptDistraction
Reading your thread really pisses me off about the way you've been done.
Old 10/11/11, 02:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i am speechless
Old 10/11/11, 02:19 AM
GT Member

BTW.... Mustangs owners are supposed to post ANY trans. issues, small or large, to the NHSTA now, regardless of safety issues or not, as per Jxxxxx.

It's a race to the bottom. I think I saw someone post "I had to use my right hand to engage shifter, this is a very dangerous situation and one that might endanger my life". (this occurred while a jet fuel ladden tanker truck with babies on top was coming down on me fast while turning left)
Old 10/11/11, 02:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brycerichert
BTW.... Mustangs owners are supposed to post ANY trans. issues, small or large, to the NHSTA now, regardless of safety issues or not, as per Jxxxxx.

It's a race to the bottom. I think I saw someone post "I had to use my right hand to engage shifter, this is a very dangerous situation and one that might endanger my life". (this occurred while a jet fuel ladden tanker truck with babies on top was coming down on me fast while turning left)
Okay, that made me crack up!

Quick Reply: NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems