Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/11, 11:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I wish I had a dollar for every ****ty transmission I've ever had both foreign and domestic.

In my laziness I missed a 3-4 shift in my '07 yesterday.
Didn't you say that your '07 was an auto....
Old 10/15/11, 01:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
In my laziness I missed a 3-4 shift in my '07 yesterday. Can I get a new car now.
Sure. No dealer's gonna refuse to sell you one just 'cause you can't shift.
Old 10/15/11, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

AT this point I dont rellay care what the NTHSB comes up with. My confidence is aready shaken. NO new GT for me. IM keeping what I have. There is no doubt in my mind that this is hurting Mustangs sales. The numbers prove it.

The bean counters are running the show. Im NOT on board. Call me when the quality is worked out. Right now, Im sorrly disappointed. Ford has just blown this one imo.
Old 10/15/11, 05:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chevys
AT this point I dont rellay care what the NTHSB comes up with. My confidence is aready shaken. NO new GT for me. IM keeping what I have. There is no doubt in my mind that this is hurting Mustangs sales. The numbers prove it.

The bean counters are running the show. Im NOT on board. Call me when the quality is worked out. Right now, Im sorrly disappointed. Ford has just blown this one imo.
Please stop making assumptions.
Old 10/15/11, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well thanks for playing...or not playing. I can now go live my life with the knowledge that "chevys" will not be purchasing a new mustang. Thanks again.
Old 10/15/11, 06:37 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

te sales are hurting because the dealers are lacking stock.. every time I drive past a ford dealer they have less then five mustangs on the lot(fact). When I drive by the chevy dealer thats less then a block down the road it has +20 camaros(also fact).
Old 10/15/11, 06:46 PM
V6 Member

He is a person who believes anything he reads on internet....
Old 10/15/11, 06:49 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
I have a plan!!

I heard on AFM that chevy should give flagstang $3,000 american
Old 10/15/11, 06:49 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my laziness I missed a 3-4 shift in my '07 yesterday. Can I get a new car now.
So much for makin' an offer.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/15/11 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10/15/11, 07:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
I have a plan!!

I heard on AFM that chevy should give flagstang $3,000 american
I like that plan how can I get part of it lol
Old 10/15/11, 09:20 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Didn't you say that your '07 was an auto....
No wonder I missed it.

I think Ford put too many pedals in my auto though.
Old 10/15/11, 09:34 PM

LOL at all the doomers. A buddy of mine just went out and bought a brand new 2012 Brembo yesterday and said pfffttt at all the internet noise. People not buying the car because of a few loud crusaders are seriously missing out.

For some comic relief, check out Matero trying to get Edmunds to bring in their Mustang for a soon to blow up MT-82. Pretty funny how they keep praising the car and ignoring his idiotic rants.

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest....html#comments
Old 10/15/11, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Scottward
LOL at all the doomers. A buddy of mine just went out and bought a brand new 2012 Brembo yesterday and said pfffttt at all the internet noise. People not buying the car because of a few loud crusaders are seriously missing out.
That's easy to say if you're not one of the people that have a $37k car that won't shift in to gear. Hopefully your friend will have good luck with his.
Old 10/15/11, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by STANGmole
That's easy to say if you're not one of the people that have a $37k car that won't shift in to gear. Hopefully your friend will have good luck with his.
Ummm...Ok, chicken little, I'm sure he will have many thousands of miles of pleasurable driving just as I have with my MT82.

Look out above, the sky is falling...
Old 10/16/11, 12:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Scottward
For some comic relief, check out Matero trying to get Edmunds to bring in their Mustang for a soon to blow up MT-82. Pretty funny how they keep praising the car and ignoring his idiotic rants.
Think about it for a moment... Edmunds brings the car in and then: If the dealer says nothing is wrong then it's because Ford and/or the dealer is avoiding the problems. If the dealer finds something wrong and fixes it then the car isn't any good. If the dealer finds something wrong and doesn't fix it, creates new problems, or just does a bad job then it's even worse. It's all about perceptions.

Or edmunds can just drive it and nothing happens or the trans asplodes.

Old 10/16/11, 05:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not quite but I did drive a slightly used one. The car is impressive to say the least. I was focused on the transmission and it was very notchy and not as friendly as my 3650. I can figure it out on my own. Perhaps as someone mentioned my perception is bad and Ford has not done a thing in my mind to change it. The question that looms in my mind is how these things will hold up over the long term meaning 100K plus miles.

I keep stuff a long time usually so if you get a good one and the warranty runs out then what? I dont beat on my cars but I dont like the idea of a potential major repair to something that should last the life of the car. For the first time in my life Im actually thinking an auto may be the way to go for more reasons than one.

Guys, Im not a hater but Im not drinking the Ford kool aid either. I love the company but it will not stop me from being disappointed in them at times either. I still think Ford has botched this up starting with being made in China and the rest is history. We will see how it shakes out but the damage they have done to their reputation imo reminds me of the 80's junk. If this was the cash cow F series I bet they would be all over it.
Old 10/16/11, 05:42 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

yeah because no one ever had questions about the 3650

"

Don't break your TR-3650 tranny! - DFWstangs Forums

www.dfwstangs.net › DFWstangs Forums › General › The Garage

15 posts - 12 authors - Last post: Jan 13
Some 2001 V-8 Mustangs equipped with TR-3650 transmissions built from Feb- 2001 to Aug 2001 may exhibit difficulty engaging 1st or 2nd ...

T-3650 Tranny question [Archive] - UnitedStangs.com "The United ...

http://www.unitedstangs.com/forums/a...p/t-22889.html

31 posts - 10 authors - Last post: Jan 29, 2008
Some 2001-2002 V-8 Mustang with a TR3650 Manual Transmission built prior to March 15, 2002 may exhibit a clash/grinding sound during the ...

Tremec TR-3650 Transmission Gear Ratios

www.mustangevolution.com › ... › 1996-2004 Mustang GT

16 posts - 8 authors - Last post: Jan 19, 2009
The Tremec TR-3650 made it's debut in the 2001 Mustang GT during mid production. Before the switch to the TR-3650 the rest of the 2001 ...

"

Last edited by Flagstang; 10/16/11 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10/16/11, 08:07 AM

It's pretty sad that J.matero and his follower are staying home 24/7 by their computer. They monitor every forums for the key words "mt82, transmission, grind, rough, etc etc" Then one of his followers(usually SN that is created this year with a few posts) with jump in and bash Ford and/or MT82. They would back up one another. I am sure some C5 members would create SN to join in the fun as well. I used to love AFM but i don't go there anymore. J.M and his followers are welcome there, they are not everywhere else.
Old 10/16/11, 08:59 AM
V6 Member

This is not true! He can't read!

Old 10/16/11, 12:40 PM
V6 Member

Not quite but I did drive a slightly used one. The car is impressive to say the least. I was focused on the transmission and it was very notchy and not as friendly as my 3650. I can figure it out on my own. Perhaps as someone mentioned my perception is bad and Ford has not done a thing in my mind to change it. The question that looms in my mind is how these things will hold up over the long term meaning 100K plus miles.

I keep stuff a long time usually so if you get a good one and the warranty runs out then what? I dont beat on my cars but I dont like the idea of a potential major repair to something that should last the life of the car. For the first time in my life Im actually thinking an auto may be the way to go for more reasons than one.

Guys, Im not a hater but Im not drinking the Ford kool aid either. I love the company but it will not stop me from being disappointed in them at times either. I still think Ford has botched this up starting with being made in China and the rest is history. We will see how it shakes out but the damage they have done to their reputation imo reminds me of the 80's junk. If this was the cash cow F series I bet they would be all over it.

You have anything else to make me laugh at you even more . For one thing you don't have no clue what you're talking about. Notchy shifter my 2011 shifts better than 99GT and both 04 Mach1's I had. 3 friends with 06-07 Mustang GT's are impressed with the way 11-12 drive and shift.

I hate to tell all manufactures products through the 80's wasn't that great. Signal out Ford as the only one then they was in the same boat as the others.

Quick Reply: NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems