Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/11, 04:03 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I have a club member that has a 2012 Mustang GT with 6M and his car was fine until about 3k miles. Then he started having nothing but issues with the tranny. Ford has docked him around replacing a part at a time. he now has 6k miles on the car and he hates driving it. It sounds like junk.

I come on here to get updates on the investigation and what is being reported to fix these but in order to do that you have to wade thru pages of bull**** by both jmatero and you guys to try and find anything useful I might be able to tell him. It's childish and gets old.

My nephew driving s 2011 w/ 6M is also had problems with his. I drove it...junk. Can't explain why mine has no issues but again...I cruise these threads hoping to get some new info to pass along. Again, gotta weed thru the crap to find it
Well jmatreo runs around like little kid needing attention spreads BS go to AFM read it. I really can't see how he could have any problems hint cruising the net 24/7
Old 9/13/11, 05:06 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Kona Blur

I hate you... Lol
lol

Give me "Chinese transmissions" for 200 Alex.
Old 9/13/11, 07:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
you should know by now this thread is going no where. by getting mad at the people that seen that fact 20 pages ago really doesnt help your cause.

"updates on the investigation"??? really? I mean really?? why would you go to the nhtsa site or make a call? you think anyone here has a clue?? if they did they would start a new thread
Believe it or not, people have posted things in here that their dealers have done to help the issue or listed what parts were replaced. my nephew lives in NC and his dealer claims to know nothing of any issues with notch 1-2, 2-3 shifts or having to double-clutch sometimes to get the car into 1st gear yet it's all over the web that these issues exist. Again, I drove his car and he has driven mine and I assure you he is not the issue.
Old 9/13/11, 10:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Well jmatreo runs around like little kid needing attention spreads BS go to AFM read it. I really can't see how he could have any problems hint cruising the net 24/7
The last that I heard from matero is that his computer was in the shop with grinding gears. He is now on all the computer forums complaining about it.
Old 9/13/11, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

just go with it and it wont hurt as much.
I've used that line before too!

you should know by now this thread is going no where. by getting mad at the people that seen that fact 20 pages ago really doesnt help your cause.

"updates on the investigation"??? really? I mean really?? why would you go to the nhtsa site or make a call? you think anyone here has a clue?? if they did they would start a new thread
PWN3D

Originally Posted by 2012GT
Bump for the best thread on any mustang forum
QFT!

wrong.. I seen the gt500 theft thread on the svt forum. that was $%^#$#$ epic
Link?

Bump bump
That's the sound of the 15's while they hittin' in my trunk

Originally Posted by Kona Blur
I hate you... Lol
QFT

lol

Give me "Chinese transmissions" for 200 Alex.
LJL (I made that up, it means "Literally Just Lol'd) for people who abuse lol when they don't really lawl.
Old 9/13/11, 03:28 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm not even sure what problems you guys are having anymore. Some may be different solutions.
Old 9/13/11, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Cbaty08
As I sit here trying to research more and more on this horrible tranny, I found this thread.

I wanted to state the disgust I have with all of you who are obsessed with jmatero; sure he may be annoyying, but how the hell do you think he feels?

I can tell you how he feels because I am in the same boat.

I am not here to argue, but enlighten; there is a real issue here and all of who are foaming at the mouth for matero's neck is just silly.

Feel free to google my name as well to see how big of a baby you might presume I am.

This problem is real, and it isn't going away.
Welcome. Trolls like me hang out here.
Old 9/13/11, 05:22 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the link to that much better thread

https://themustangsource.com/f657/ho...7/#post6064509
Old 9/13/11, 05:27 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Cbaty08
As I sit here trying to research more and more on this horrible tranny, I found this thread.

I wanted to state the disgust I have with all of you who are obsessed with jmatero; sure he may be annoyying, but how the hell do you think he feels?
I can tell you how he feels because I am in the same boat.
I am not here to argue, but enlighten; there is a real issue here and all of who are foaming at the mouth for matero's neck is just silly.
Feel free to google my name as well to see how big of a baby you might presume I am.
This problem is real, and it isn't going away.
I hear you. I think you have it wrong. No one is really worked up about this guy we are just poking fun for the most part. Its just alittle old. I am sure 99% of the poster on this forum are nice people that want to help.

BUT although I understand that some of the mt82's have some small problems(orminor large ones) three or four people blowing up the forums and cause a stir over minor thing they should be talking to ford CS and the dealer about is just silly to put it mildly. Its like talking to the guy at the news stand when you needs a tripple bypass.

by the time I started posting in this thread all was lost.
Old 9/13/11, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

three or four people blowing up the forums and cause a stir over minor thing they should be talking to ford CS and the dealer about is just silly to put it mildly. Its like talking to the guy at the news stand when you needs a tripple bypass.

by the time I started posting in this thread all was lost.
That's just the problem. Have you tried talking with Ford CS? While they're nice people, they don't have the power to make anything happen. I've gone rounds with my dealer, and CS over a knock in my engine that has been there from the day I picked it up.

All I've asked for is an explanation as to why it's "normal." Nobody I've talked to at my dealership or through Ford CS, or the engineer that took a look at the car has ever given me a response. Not even a conjecture. Just "Normal engine operation."

My transmission was dead silent until late march early april when my car was in the dealer for yet again another round of knocking engine issues. I noted it then with both the dealer and ford CS.

The car went in this week to finally have that looked at. I haven't had any issues with it, but it's annoying. Dealer performed the fluid TSB and my advisor told me to drive it hard for several miles and work the fluids through the transmission.

Not only did this not cure the whining issue from the transmission, the longer I drove it, the worse it's getting.

I immediately called the dealer back and talked to my advisor. To which the only thing he could say is that ford won't allow them to do anything until something breaks. He also suggesting coming down and taking the service manager and tranny tech out to make sure everyone is on the same page. Then to compare with another car on the lot.

I don't normally complain in these threads, because you're right. People should be talking to CS and their dealers. However, when that doesn't get you anywhere, what else are you supposed to do? Just be happy that I spent $40,000 on a car that's embarrassing to drive?

I don't want to give my car back, I don't want to clog the interwebs with rhetoric, I just want my **** car fixed so I can enjoy it.

Last edited by jlmounce; 9/14/11 at 09:16 AM.
Old 9/14/11, 09:12 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde
The gearbox is definitely notchy in 2nd and 3rd gear, probably 3/4 of the time when shifting. 1, 4, 5 and 6 are not - it's only 2 and 3.
Hey kylerohde,

I recommend you bring this up to your dealer’s attention and have them diagnose your vehicle. Also, I encourage you to private message me with your contact info, VIN, dealer, and mileage so I can escalate this to your Customer Service Manager in your area.

Deysha
Old 9/14/11, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jlmounce
That's just the problem. Have you tried talking with Ford CS? While they're nice people, they don't have the power to make anything happen. I've gone rounds with my dealer, and CS over a knock in my engine that has been there from the day I picked it up.

All I've asked for is an explanation as to why it's "normal." Nobody I've talked to at my dealership or through Ford CS, or the engineer that took a look at the car has ever given me a response. Not even a conjecture. Just "Normal engine operation."

My transmission was dead silent until late march early april when my car was in the dealer for yet again another round of knocking engine issues. I noted it then with both the dealer and ford CS.

The car went in this week to finally have that looked at. I haven't had any issues with it, but it's annoying. Dealer performed the fluid TSB and my advisor told me to drive it hard for several miles and work the fluids through the transmission.

Not only did this not cure the whining issue from the transmission, the longer I drove it, the worse it's getting.

I immediately called the dealer back and talked to my advisor. To which the only thing he could say is that ford won't allow them to do anything until something breaks. He also suggesting coming down and taking the service manager and tranny tech out to make sure everyone is on the same page. Then to compare with another car on the lot.

I don't normally complain in these threads, because you're right. People should be talking to CS and their dealers. However, when that doesn't get you anywhere, what else are you supposed to do? Just be happy that I spent $40,000 on a car that's embarrassing to drive?

I don't want to give my car back, I don't want to clog the interwebs with rhetoric, I just want my **** car fixed so I can enjoy it.
Insert generic Ford-fanboy response:

a. you can't drive stick
b. you should go to another dealer
c. it hasn't happened to me so you must be lying
d. you abused your car

Hope they get your car fixed and all the car's fixed. As someone looking to purchase one of these cars in a couple years with some decent mileage on it, it would be nice to hear Ford stepped up and made things right.
Old 9/14/11, 04:48 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by jedikd
Insert generic Ford-fanboy response:

a. you can't drive stick
b. you should go to another dealer
c. it hasn't happened to me so you must be lying
d. you abused your car

Hope they get your car fixed and all the car's fixed. As someone looking to purchase one of these cars in a couple years with some decent mileage on it, it would be nice to hear Ford stepped up and made things right.
you can buy mine in a few years. it works. joining a forum = fanboy move
Old 9/14/11, 05:30 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
you can buy mine in a few years.
Yeah, like you're going to keep a car for a few years.

Old 9/14/11, 05:32 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

LOL

the day I got this one everyone at work said that!

my goal is like 1.5-2 years
Old 9/14/11, 07:04 PM

Lightbulb

Hey guys out of all the stuff you posted on Matero, I swear sometimes I kinda feel sorry for the guy, but please take some time to read this chronic history of his VW back in 2000. LOL, many of the same quotes must have been copied directly over for the Stang. Whatever it is, this guy does not have the Midas touch....

http://forums.kilometermagazine.com/...ood-2-Year-car...

Old 9/14/11, 07:14 PM
V6 Member

About a month since I picked up my car and I call b.s on that bulletin fluid swap, oh and my lower control arms are still noisy lol
Old 9/14/11, 08:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Scottward
Hey guys out of all the stuff you posted on Matero, I swear sometimes I kinda feel sorry for the guy, but please take some time to read this chronic history of his VW back in 2000. LOL, many of the same quotes must have been copied directly over for the Stang. Whatever it is, this guy does not have the Midas touch....

http://forums.kilometermagazine.com/...ood-2-Year-car...

Good find and yes it all looks like cut and paste.
I used to post his crap on AFM until I realized there was too much and that he hates cars and has warranty issues with everything he owns. To bad he didn't buy a Yugo.
Old 9/14/11, 08:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
Good find and yes it all looks like cut and paste.
I used to post his crap on AFM until I realized there was too much and that he hates cars and has warranty issues with everything he owns. To bad he didn't buy a Yugo.

Maybe he did and that's why we can't buy them anymore
Old 9/15/11, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
[/COLOR]

Maybe he did and that's why we can't buy them anymore
I think we are seeing a disturbing trend:

He pumped Saturns and owned one-->Gone (company venture dissolved)

He pumped the Aztek and not sure if he owned one, but-->Gone (company name brand dissolved)

He now has a Mustang-->

Quick Reply: NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems