Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford responds to the NHTSA investigation/MT-82 problems: your fault

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/11, 03:13 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

No American jobs were lost with the Getrag. Mexican jobs were.

And how many US Ford jobs are added managing/overseeing the Getrag trans plant? And now the TWO engine factories by Ford in China? How many US support jobs will that create when fully operational?
My point is that these jobs could have been created in America. Maybe Ford could have got a big tax break for being "job creators" and all.
Old 11/9/11, 03:16 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One other area that people constantly overlook is the dealer network. We all know there are some truly great dealers out there, and there are some that can't do a **** thing right. I'll continue to say this; dealer service is another HUGE variable in all of this that continues to be avoided.
Old 11/9/11, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone has any problems with their car to whine about take your wining self and MT82 over and join your fellow prophet here.

http://www.brokenstangs.com/

Pretty sad somebody would spend the money on the domain and webspace just to let everyone know his car is broken. Good thing is all of the whiners will stay in one place and let the 97% other owners who enjoy their car talk in peace.
Old 11/9/11, 03:23 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
My point is that these jobs could have been created in America. Maybe Ford could have got a big tax break for being "job creators" and all.
That assumes there is a big enough tax break to overcome UAW wages, health bennies, pensions, and the - drum roll please - "signing bonus"... to avoid having to charge $50, 60, 70k per unit to show a profit to Ford owners (shareholders). Besides, that guy in the WH is totally against US Corporations deducting legitimate tax expenses and tax loss, but rather labels them as that "greedy 1%" that are "manipulating the tax code". (economic comment - not political) I am sure Ford accountants and tax attorney's compared every angle beforehand.

Whereas shifting from a Mexican product to a Chinese product has opened the door for Ford to make jillions in China and report those coming massive profits to US Treasury.

Believe me, I wish 100% of Ford jobs were in the US. But then Ford would probably have only one market to sell to.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/9/11 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11/9/11, 03:23 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by flySWA737
If anyone has any problems with their car to whine about take your wining self and MT82 over and join your fellow prophet here.

http://www.brokenstangs.com/

Pretty sad somebody would spend the money on the domain and webspace just to let everyone know his car is broken. Good thing is all of the whiners will stay in one place and let the 97% other owners who enjoy their car talk in peace.
What's even funnier is that there are NO users registered.
Old 11/9/11, 03:25 PM
GTR Member

The other thing that all Mustang owners who mod their cars and tell all about it on the forums should take away from this situation is that Ford is WATCHING THE FORUMS CLOSELY...

So, be careful talking about what you do to your car and who you let know who you really are, it may come around and bite you in the butt when you go to take your car in for warranty work.
Old 11/9/11, 03:33 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
The other thing that all Mustang owners who mod their cars and tell all about it on the forums should take away from this situation is that Ford is WATCHING THE FORUMS CLOSELY...

So, be careful talking about what you do to your car and who you let know who you really are, it may come around and bite you in the butt when you go to take your car in for warranty work.

Woooosh!!

The sound of performance mods/bragging being wiped from forum signatures as we speak.

Old 11/9/11, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost
One other area that people constantly overlook is the dealer network. We all know there are some truly great dealers out there, and there are some that can't do a **** thing right. I'll continue to say this; dealer service is another HUGE variable in all of this that continues to be avoided.
Agreed. Makes a huge difference.
Old 11/9/11, 03:39 PM

That assumes there is a big enough tax break to overcome UAW wages, health bennies, pensions, and the - drum roll please - "signing bonus"... to avoid having to charge $50, 60, 70k per unit to show a profit to Ford owners (shareholders). Besides, that guy in the WH is totally against US Corporations deducting legitimate tax expenses and tax loss, but rather labels them as that "greedy 1%" that are "manipulating the tax code". (economic comment - not political) I am sure Ford accountants and tax attorney's compared every angle beforehand.

Whereas shifting from a Mexican product to a Chinese product has opened the door for Ford to make jillions in China and report those coming massive profits to US Treasury.

Believe me, I wish 100% of Ford jobs were in the US. But then Ford would probably have only one market to sell to.
But technically it doesn't have to be a UAW facility. Some non union supporting states would love a new factory. And it's not even a ford facility. It would be owned by a private transmission company anyways. Just funded by Ford for a nominal percentage of profits. It could and should be done.
Old 11/9/11, 03:41 PM

Woooosh!!

The sound of performance mods/bragging being wiped from forum signatures as we speak.

Old 11/9/11, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

But technically it doesn't have to be a UAW facility. Some non union supporting states would love a new factory. And it's not even a ford facility. It would be owned by a private transmission company anyways. Just funded by Ford for a nominal percentage of profits. It could and should be done.
In a perfect world but Ford just didn't want to take a step like that into a very volatile US market under this administration. Too much of a risk in losses but who knows in the next 4 years the jobs could come back once Capital Hill gets its act together giving some much needed trust and stability into the US Economy again.

EDIT: Truthfully I want the same. I'm so torn up seeing all these Made in China, Made in Mexico but its just the world we live in. Maybe one day we will have some National industry again to be proud of.

Last edited by flySWA737; 11/9/11 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11/9/11, 03:54 PM

In a perfect world but Ford just didn't want to take a step like that into a very volatile US market under this administration. Too much of a risk in losses but who knows in the next 4 years the jobs could come back once Capital Hill gets its act together giving some much needed trust and stability into the US Economy again.

EDIT: Truthfully I want the same. I'm so torn up seeing all these Made in China, Made in Mexico but its just the world we live in. Maybe one day we will have some National industry again to be proud of.
Yep. Maybe they could turn the OWS into a job fair instead.
Old 11/9/11, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep. Maybe they could turn the OWS into a job fair instead.
I wish.
Old 11/9/11, 04:05 PM
Post *****

EDIT: Truthfully I want the same. I'm so torn up seeing all these Made in China, Made in Mexico but its just the world we live in. .
I understand too. But exports from the US are a major part of our economy and jobs. However, one hand washes the other. "If you block me from selling to your company (or country), then I'm not buying a thing from you" is the reality of business.

Yet many foreign products - with proper quality standards and inspections - are very fine products. I have a few pieces made in Japan (Weatherby, Fender) and although disappointed seeing that label at first, they are incredible quality workmanship and old world hand craftsmanship. And the only way I could afford them is because they were from Japan. Because my middle income wages never kept up with the true cost of living and my required lifestyle of living out in the mountains away from cities.

Maybe one day we will have some National industry again to be proud of.

Oh but we do! Ford for one. Look up the Dow 30, Dow Transports, etc. Great American companies!

And without a doubt, the US has the finest politicians money can buy!

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/9/11 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11/9/11, 04:11 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Don't be pissed at the Chinese for building them. Be pissed at ford for the American jobs lost because they decided to go overseas for them. The same trans built in the U.S. would have had the same engineering issues.
But would have cost 5 times as much after the union bosses got their cut.
Old 11/9/11, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I understand too. But exports from the US are a major part of our economy and jobs. However, one hand washes the other. "If you block me from selling to your company (or country), then I'm not buying a thing from you" is the reality of business.
Agreed.

Oh but we do! Ford for one. Look up the Dow 30, Dow Transports, etc. Great American companies!
I'm very proud of companies like Ford, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Pratt & Whitney (I'm an aviation nut). Have stock in Boeing right now. Just want to start seeing Made in America back in the general consumer world.

And without a doubt, the US has the finest politicians money can buy!

Now that's funny right there!!!
Old 11/9/11, 04:15 PM

Come on Charlie. You can't say that the unemployment rate in America doesn't have something to do with jobs going overseas. Maybe not completely, but there is a percentage or two. I can't say it's not our (greedy lazy population) own fault but there needs to be a change on both ends.
Old 11/9/11, 04:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Wow, talk about an uninformed opinion. Go look around and these cars are still holding their value as well as a Camaro or Challenger. You're all about the "Chinese junk" you keep bringing up. Who cares! If you don't like it, don't buy one!
Uninformed? Why are they not selling when they are better than the Camaro? The Mustang is clearly the better car in almost every way.

No need to worry about me buying a new mustang with a Chinese transmission. I assure you there will be no new Fords in my driveway for quite some time. I am a loyal buyer also for decades. You lose market share one customer at a time.

I should add that this is my 4th Mustang. Im not some teenager anymore. You have your opinion about resale and I have mine. These babies are going to tank out mark my word. Been there seen that and done it. The MT 82 is flawed and cheap. It cant be trusted long term. I have said my last word in this thread. I knew Ford was going to spin this knowing they have a half *** product in their flagship.

Such a let down to me. The last standing American company without a bail out goes to China for their flagship car. Now how stupid is that? Somebody at Ford needs to be fired. Its bit them right in the *** and the publicity is just killing them. Especially in the Mustang community. Its just sad.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 11/9/11 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11/9/11, 04:18 PM
Post *****

Come on Charlie. You can't say that the unemployment rate in America doesn't have something to do with jobs going overseas. Maybe not completely, but there is a percentage or two. I can't say it's not our (greedy lazy population) own fault but there needs to be a change on both ends.
I never said that. Didn't mean to imply it if I did.
Old 11/9/11, 04:23 PM

I never said that. Didn't mean to imply it if I did.
I understand that they are still creating American jobs even with the exporting. But just not the "blue collar" type jobs that are really needed in this country.

Quick Reply: Ford responds to the NHTSA investigation/MT-82 problems: your fault