2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Ford responds to the NHTSA investigation/MT-82 problems: your fault

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/11, 08:42 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Merged

Last edited by Boomer; 12/2/11 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12/2/11, 06:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Tony and Boomer and you're welcome, Chevys.

Deysha! Long time no read!
Old 12/2/11, 12:08 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
I personally have no problems with mine but Ford is basically saying there are few issues and social media (us) hyped it up. If its such a small % why not just get your *** in gear (no pun intended) and fix it. Why are they getting defensive??? hmmm
I hate people that don't listen. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS! The same few people *****ed on every possible forum that they could find. The problems were isolated to a VERY small percentage. I believe they said it was 3%. THEY DID FIX IT! They even outlined several steps that they took to fix the problem. This is not some giant ongoing conspiracy. If you have the problem, go get it fixed. It's that simple.
Old 12/4/11, 03:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I hate people that don't listen. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS! The same few people *****ed on every possible forum that they could find. The problems were isolated to a VERY small percentage. I believe they said it was 3%. THEY DID FIX IT! They even outlined several steps that they took to fix the problem. This is not some giant ongoing conspiracy. If you have the problem, go get it fixed. It's that simple.
uhh.... put down the FoMoCo Kool Aid... there are well documented REAL problems consistently in a few transmissions which have NOT been "fixed", despite numerous attempts (read the forums)...

The problems also occur less frequently in other units, and there is no proof (other than Ford's "analysis") that they are all caused by "driver error"... I have been locked out of first gear a handful of times, and yes, after FORTY plus years of owning a half dozen manual transmission cars and after 7000 miles on my GT, rest assured that I KNOW HOW to shift this car, but that doesn't keep it from blocking first gear occasionally...

Hmm... must have missed that "Locking out of first gear" feature in the sales brochure and window sticker...
Old 12/4/11, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jimmbbo
uhh.... put down the FoMoCo Kool Aid... there are well documented REAL problems consistently in a few transmissions which have NOT been "fixed", despite numerous attempts (read the forums)...

The problems also occur less frequently in other units, and there is no proof (other than Ford's "analysis") that they are all caused by "driver error"... I have been locked out of first gear a handful of times, and yes, after FORTY plus years of owning a half dozen manual transmission cars and after 7000 miles on my GT, rest assured that I KNOW HOW to shift this car, but that doesn't keep it from blocking first gear occasionally...

Hmm... must have missed that "Locking out of first gear" feature in the sales brochure and window sticker...

I guess you remember how to put it in first gear, after you forgot how from the previous day.. but its miraculous how after 10-15 miles driving going into first isn't an issue anymore.. but then again.. {end sarcasm}

i have the same issues..
Old 12/4/11, 06:52 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
can we please agree that chevy should buy a well made honda and move on?? Some of us are not adding anything to this thread.
Old 12/4/11, 08:07 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Originally Posted by jimmbbo

Again, someone that doesn't listen. No one ever said that it was *all* caused by "driver error." If you think average people (stupid) didn't contribute to a problem, then I don't know what world you're living in.

It's hard to read the same crap over and over. And the OP's would rather whine about it not getting fixed on a forum, instead of talking to a dealership. Do you have the car in your possession? Is it fixed? No?...Then go get it fixed. They say there's no problem with it?...Then go ***** to *them!* FORUM MEMBERS ARE NOT PERFORMING WARRANTY WORK ON YOUR CAR!
Old 12/5/11, 03:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well if Ford says some portion of the problem units are due to driver error, they are obviously talking specifically about jimmbbo, you dumb Kool Aid drinkers!
Old 12/12/11, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

found this out over the weekend..

"ford will be sending a tsb / recall for full synchronazation rebuild if necassaray in sometime in January for all Mt-82 transmissions, after they deem there is an issue, there will be 2 steps the first step will be a fluid change (not QDC) the second if the problems persist will be a full rebuild with updated parts.. "

this was told to me by a Ford Service Manager that is a personal friend..

this is the same person that told me for the past 8 months NOT to bring my car in and have them rebuild the trans,
"ford doesnt know what the issues are, they can't even put the trans back together correctly." again.. his words..

Believe it or not..
Old 12/12/11, 02:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pony racer

"ford will be sending a tsb / recall for full synchronazation rebuild if necassaray in sometime in January for all Mt-82 transmissions, after they deem there is an issue, there will be 2 steps the first step will be a fluid change (not QDC) the second if the problems persist will be a full rebuild with updated parts.. "

Haha, surreeeeee. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 12/12/11, 07:09 PM
Just Plain Rude!

this is the same person that told me for the past 8 months NOT to bring my car in and have them rebuild the trans,
"ford doesnt know what the issues are, they can't even put the trans back together correctly." again.. his words..

Believe it or not..
There ya go. Again, I say...If you have a problem, just go get it fixed.
Old 12/13/11, 07:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
There ya go. Again, I say...If you have a problem, just go get it fixed.
LIKE I SAID..

The service manager is a long time personal friend of mine, he knows my issues since day one, HE has told me directly, not to do anything until there was a solution. there is a solution coming out next month as told to him by his area rep.. i dont care if you believe me or not. this isn't for people drinking the ford coolaid. the reason i put this out there was to inform people with issues..

i'll take his word, over people "opinions" over the internet..
Old 12/13/11, 07:56 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

"ford will be sending a tsb / recall for full synchronazation rebuild if necassaray in sometime in January for all Mt-82 transmissions,..
TSB is not a recall.
Old 12/13/11, 11:21 AM
Just Plain Rude!

LIKE I SAID..

The service manager is a long time personal friend of mine, he knows my issues since day one, HE has told me directly, not to do anything until there was a solution. there is a solution coming out next month as told to him by his area rep.. i dont care if you believe me or not. this isn't for people drinking the ford coolaid. the reason i put this out there was to inform people with issues..

i'll take his word, over people "opinions" over the internet..
In what part of my post did I say I didn't believe you?
Old 12/13/11, 12:10 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
once again I would like to thank everyone for adding so much
Old 12/13/11, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt Ford told your friend the service manager and not anyone else. It just doesn't make sense.

But we will see next month I guess.
Old 12/13/11, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
TSB is not a recall.
TSB or RECALL he wasnt sure which they are going to do..

More than likely a TSB, as to not affect people without issues..
Old 12/13/11, 01:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I was told that Ford was giving 2013 GT500's to owners with suspect MT-82's.
Old 12/13/11, 02:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So can we assume that any cars built after a certain date will have all of the fixes that are being incorporated into this TSB? I hope so since my car was built last week ... However .. who is to say the transmission wasn't built 3 months ago and just shipped to the USA?

Believe it or not..
Old 12/13/11, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dafreeze
these are the driving familiaraties Ford is referring to
There is also that this a six speed with one over drive gear. If some one drives it by gear number based on their previous 5spds or cars with 6spds with 2 OD gears they are going to be making much more severe downshifts than they think they are. This IMO this may explain many of the 'lockouts' on downshifts.

Quick Reply: Ford responds to the NHTSA investigation/MT-82 problems: your fault