Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford responds to the NHTSA investigation/MT-82 problems: your fault

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/11, 10:25 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chevys
Wake up man. One out of two is not bad I dont guess. Those are not good odds for spending 35K. I know that is not reality but what really are the chances of getting a bad one? 3 percent that Ford says? I doubt that number big time.

How it will hold up is the question and I stand by my word it is Chinese Junk. Lets see this bad boy out last a tr 6060. Not going to happen. Its engineered on the edge of longevity but time will tell.
Ok. I'll believe that given your engineering background and extensive knowledge of manual transmission applications.
Old 11/19/11, 10:33 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I do not see what chinese parts have to do with anything. That whole way of thinking is so out dated it makes my head meat hurt. The quality of things for sale today is far better then the crap that any auto maker put out in the 1980s or even the 1990s. All of these things under go the same tests and pass though the same governing bodies. I hate to break it to you but you really are in a old mind set that just is not true anymore. Simple things like physics are the same for all engineers, companies, people and yes even nations.

I work for a very good American company that has a office or plant on every continent and Region on the planet. I work with engineers and do all sorts of R&D. I have seen what it takes to get products approved in the USA, EU Asian markets and the Americans just to name a few. Keep in mind that I work in the medical field so our products go though far more scrutiny then most if not all. I would have to say the the EU and asian markets take more time and require more filings and more action for submissions.

Last edited by Flagstang; 11/19/11 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11/19/11, 10:46 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Wake up man. One out of two is not bad I dont guess. Those are not good odds for spending 35K. I know that is not reality but what really are the chances of getting a bad one? 3 percent that Ford says? I doubt that number big time.

How it will hold up is the question and I stand by my word it is Chinese Junk. Lets see this bad boy out last a tr 6060. Not going to happen. Its engineered on the edge of longevity but time will tell.

Im tired of the debate and am old enough to see a farce going down. Ford has dropped the ball and may have lost a customer for their sorry *** explanation and service. Let the chips fall where they may and maybe Ford wonders why Mustang sales are still behind the Camaro. The China made MT 82 is not helping them that is for sure. What a bunch of idiots. Nice work Ford.
Well I am sure you will single handed put Ford out of business since they have lost such a loyal customer that uses chevys for his forum id. If you think they are a bunch of idiots, then maybe they have a place for you. Oh wait, I just remembered that you have forgotten more about cars than I ever knew. Or maybe I just have a better memory. (I remembered that slam you threw at me)
Old 11/20/11, 12:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I work for a very good American company that has a office or plant on every continent and Region on the planet. I work with engineers and do all sorts of R&D. I have seen what it takes to get products approved in the USA, EU Asian markets and the Americans just to name a few. Keep in mind that I work in the medical field so our products go though far more scrutiny then most if not all. I would have to say the the EU and asian markets take more time and require more filings and more action for submissions

I too have had product and parts made world wide. But that won't stop useful misconceptions. Getrag runs the show. They have their people in China. They make the hard parts in house too. About all I can find that they source are bearings. Probably seals and other misc off the shelf stuff too. I think I determined the bearing supplier, a chinese one, but they sell bearings to automakers in the USA so made in the USA product may have the same bearings.

There's grades of made in China. Getrag is using the highest grade possible. Which is essentially about the same risk (mistakes, people who are careless, etc) as anywhere else in the world.
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
No lets not do that. But as a certified ASE master technician, some chump "consumer" comes to me telling me what is wrong with his car because he found a thread in a forum. Do you really think that this "consumer" will be taken seriously? The "consumer" works in an office and the technician works on cars every day.
The point to this small rant is: Be mindful of how you approach your service department with a problem. You are at their mercy and some of these guys show no mercy.

If a tech or service write laughs at me or doesn't take me seriously he doesn't get my business. I don't bring a car in unless I've diagnosed the problem and determined that I either don't want to fix it myself or it's too big of a job for me to do in the cold of winter. I have yet to be wrong. Some day maybe I will be, but I haven't been wrong yet.
Originally Posted by jmatero
That's a LOT of changes in to a drivetrain in a year. I mean, seriously, welding issues with gears in China. Also, the docs state there have been repairs to 3% of 2011/2012 vehicles. That doesn't even count folks who didn't take it in and are sitting on the sidelines waiting for a fix.
Given the engineering degrees you claim on that other forum you should know that what boils down to handful of engineering change notices to the transmission is essentially nothing for a product that complex. The rest weren't the transmission as someone else already pointed out. Also change is constant. I am not seeing anything unusual or surprising in the list of changes. A small number of tweaks to address some field issues and one part quality issue.
Old 11/20/11, 04:54 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
So, let me get this straight; you drove a good one, but still think it's "Chinese junk"? This is all I think of now:

Give it up guys. Chevys is wired wrong and has a boner against Ford. Can't possibly be an occassional glitch, a fluke, or failed part. Its always "Ford is intentionally cutting corners just so they can screw him". He's just acting out like an idiot.

Ran across this by chance while searching for another thread:

Just checking back in. I am back on the road with my new alternator. Everything seems fine and all is good 300 dollars later. There is no excuse for an alternator going bad as quickly as mine did and I hope Ford reads this. I love them to death but this is why I swore off of GM. Its stuff like this that gets under my skin. Ford, you failed this time and I hope to God you have or will address things like this. I know you can be everything to everybody but when an alternator fails at 20K mile that is not right and not fair to the custormer. GM put junk alternaters on cars and trucks for years. I know this for a fact. I owned a bunch of them and replaced them all the time but they at least lasted about 40K miles. I hated those days. I could not take a trip without worrying about something going wrong. Please step up your game Ford. YOu are better than this.

I am venting in hopes somebody at Ford will read this. Please quit cutting corners and give us a good alternator to begin with!!!!!!!! Remember that saying that quauity is JOB 1? Live up to it and put out better products. I love Ford but sometimes I get frustrated.

I want this to land on Alan Mulallys desk. This is the sort of thing that made people to got to Toyota and nISSAN. Remember that?? I bet Ford does or do they need to be reminded?? Please step up up your game Ford. I have a lot of convidence in you. Lets kill them with world class. You can do it. Give it your b est shot. I am with you and behind you despite my troubles. Go for it. Please just wake up. I know you have and that is my frustration for my prev ious comment. Sorry.

Lets go get them FOMOCO.

https://themustangsource.com/f739/check-charging-system-481232/#post5830506

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/20/11 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11/20/11, 10:04 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds like he just has a beef and is going off the deep end.
Old 11/20/11, 11:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Chevys, you do realize it's a business right? Ford is in it to make money. Every piece of every car they make is as cheap as they can possibly make it, without it being complete ****. And that's true for all of the big automakers and most businesses around. A product that is really built with quality in mind and built to be the best, is going to cost more than most people can afford or care to spend on said product.

There's absolutely no reason to doubt the MT82's long term durability. There's just not. Again, I point out that you're basing your entire argument on 2 test drives.

As far as Ford losing you as a customer...I'm sure that's fine. I work retail, and you're what I consider an all around bad customer. You treat the brand like ****, you treat the employees like ****, and all you do is *****. At the end of the day, you cost the business more money than you bring them in...So they're better off without having you as a customer.
Old 11/20/11, 02:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
heres what I made out of it

1. very small percentage had this problem
2. they weren't shifting properly
3. they customized their cars in a way that put a strain on the transmission
4. and this voided their warranty
5. they took online forums too seriously
Old 11/21/11, 03:11 AM
V6 Member

It's funny how poeple can be side line experts think they can do it better but never can.

Had a few going around even telling poeple who didn't have problems to make report. Thinking it going to force FORD into recall or make Gov do it for them. Now there just pissed nothing happening because there supposed thousands of cars turned out to be a few.

ALL manufactures try to build things cheap as possible yet with long term durability. No Manufacturer will never please every customer no matter what impossible feat. I truely believe JM his car doesn't have problem it's just him from other cars he's had problem with. I think narrow gates and skip shift cause of his problems refused to learn how to drive it instead of driving it like past vehicles he's had.
Old 11/21/11, 03:43 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Haha Chevys. I kick you A$$.
Attached Images  
Old 11/21/11, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Where is 'he who shall not be named' now?
Old 11/21/11, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by blackgt87
Where is 'he who shall not be named' now?
I think that he is Chevys "partner".
Old 11/21/11, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Domestic Life Partner lololololol
Old 11/21/11, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by blackgt87
Domestic Life Partner lololololol
Sharing fortune cookies.
Old 11/30/11, 04:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
MT-82 problems: your fault (new article 11-2011)

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-def...omplaints.html

"The automaker says the bulk of complaints come from an “increased social media focus by a couple of dissatisfied customers,” along with “improper vehicle modifications” and signs of vehicle abuse — like rear tires worn more than front tires from burnouts. It also says "customer unfamiliarity" with the differences between the 6-speed and former 5-speed transmission, along with a skip-shift feature to boost fuel economy, added to the complaints."
Old 11/30/11, 05:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Covered in sticky above.
Old 11/30/11, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
Covered in sticky above.
TWSS
Old 11/30/11, 07:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
TWSS
Awesome.

Sorry about the repeat link.
Old 11/30/11, 09:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MRGTX
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-def...omplaints.html

"The automaker says the bulk of complaints come from an “increased social media focus by a couple of dissatisfied customers,” along with “improper vehicle modifications” and signs of vehicle abuse — like rear tires worn more than front tires from burnouts. It also says "customer unfamiliarity" with the differences between the 6-speed and former 5-speed transmission, along with a skip-shift feature to boost fuel economy, added to the complaints."
I guess the same thing applies to all us guys who can't get clean shifts into second on the GT500 as well....

I've noticed Ford is now more willing to attack their customers. I guess the customer is always right need not apply at Ford.
Old 11/30/11, 10:12 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
you know, this skip feature thing... I've seen the note pop up on my dash occasionally, 1-4, but I just ignore it, and go from 1 - 2. So what am I missing here? Why are folks so concerned about the skip shift?

Quick Reply: Ford responds to the NHTSA investigation/MT-82 problems: your fault