2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/10, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really. Ford Customer Service might give you some information, but rarely anything more than a broad status and expected time of arrival.
Old 6/23/10, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
As for the people who had placed their orders before April, I don't know how you've lasted this long. You car's been exposed to the elements and dirty for what, 3 months+ now? This is literally the biggest purchase I've made of my life (not to mention my first gamble with a non-import car) and it's becoming extremely unpleasant. I'm definitely going to remember this next time/if I want another Ford.
Yeah I'm *****ing a lot today. The endless "my car is here" threads are wearing me down.
Ordered 3/8, built 5/10. I think that means my car was built before your final order? Car is now finally in transit. How have I lasted this long? I remember it's just a car. It helps me to think of the people that have it worse than I do. The people that don't have the resources to buy this car; the ones that ordered their car before I did and still don't have a status on it. And I was raised to only exert influence on the things I have control over. I realize I don't have any control over the situation, and it will do no good to stress about it. Lastly, I've been so busy at work, doing the job of two people, that I haven't really even thought about the car that much.
Old 6/23/10, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just figure there are things I can actually do something about that I can worry about instead. It will get here eventually, and I still have access to transportation in the mean time... which was supposed to be my '04, but my sister got impatient and took it for good. She had to borrow it for a trip she'd been planning for weeks, and by the time she's back, my new car should be here anyway.
Old 6/23/10, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
Maybe it's that timing chain issue we heard about.

Got another update from the dealer, seems the car has an official ETA of June 26th now. Depending on how well things can be arranged I should have it Saturday night. Will depend largely on if the dealer and the bank can have everything prepped same day.
FWIW- I got mine about five days before the final ETA
Old 6/23/10, 02:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Alas, probably not to be, I got a deeper explanation when he called me. I don't believe Ford issued a fresh ETA and it seems he went and tracked down the rail car. It's due to arrive in the city on Thursday. Depending on how long it takes to unload it and to get a truck to pull it to the dealership, he expects Saturday. But hey, maybe I'll get lucky!
Old 6/24/10, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Maxhenry
Is there a way I can track my car with the VIN without involving a dealer (e.g. on-line somehow)?
Not really, I work at a Ford plant and I was lucky to find someone inside with the right credentials to access that part of the computer system to get to Vehicle Visibility. I think the dealers can access it as well? I'm just looking for someone now, who can decode the data that I acquired from it???
Old 6/24/10, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Called Ford CS just now. No update since June-20 7PM "sent offsite - Autoalliance International, MI".
Old 6/24/10, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

My car #121535 is now delivered.
Old 6/24/10, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Called Ford CS just now. No update since June-20 7PM "sent offsite - Autoalliance International, MI".

You've got to stop calling Ford CS. It seems pretty clear that their information is, at best, innacurate and probably totally useless. I've been much happier since I stopped calling them and just started living in a dream world where I imagine that my car is on a truck mere blocks from the dealership as I write this.
Old 6/24/10, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah stop calling Ford CS, I'm trying to get a hold of them and I'm tired of their crappy hold music.
Old 6/24/10, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Umm

Ford CS lady: "Oh what did you order"
Me: "mustang"
Ford CS lady: "oh did you get the Z6?!?!"
Me: "umm.."
Ford CS lady: "I meant GT!"
Old 6/24/10, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by csledd
Umm

Should of said I wish then I would be driving it and not talking to you.
Old 6/24/10, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ebony5.0
You've got to stop calling Ford CS. It seems pretty clear that their information is, at best, innacurate and probably totally useless. I've been much happier since I stopped calling them and just started living in a dream world where I imagine that my car is on a truck mere blocks from the dealership as I write this.
Ford CS uses the same Vehicle Visibility that dealers use. The fact they tell you less is because they choose to (or are not allowed).

Whenever I call Ford CS I give them the last update IN DETAIL that I got from my dealer's VV so they know that I know that they know. Then they give me a bit more detail. "Dan" at Ford CS is a pain won't even tell you the timestamp of your last status update.

i shoulda waited for job2. If my car doesn't ship by the end of next week I will try to cancel and see if I can get a yellow blaze gt.

Last edited by jokerstars; 6/24/10 at 10:16 AM.
Old 6/24/10, 10:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Umm

Z6???
Old 6/24/10, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

I really hate how they pretend to be super excited for us, they're always like "OMFG YOU ORDERED A GT?!?!?! WOW CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Makes it worse when they tell me my car is still "in processing with no ETA"
Old 6/24/10, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

if starcraft 2 came out this month and not july i could use that to pass the time until this abomination of a car arrives

my girlfriend gets back on saturday.

i'm getting bored hanging out at the rooftop pool and playing league of legends.

maybe i should get really drunk with my friends this weekend. haven't done it in a month or so. might drunk dial ford cs and cuss them out. prolly not a good idea.

and yeah fake enthusiasm from ford cs is funny.
Old 6/24/10, 10:41 AM

Yeah stop calling Ford CS, I'm trying to get a hold of them and I'm tired of their crappy hold music.
I pretty much agree with what has been said about Ford CS, the Pope knows more about what's going on with your car than Ford CS. They are just puppets, I told ours up here in Canada (I'm a hourly worker next store in the Oakville Assembly Complex), that I can get more info from the guys on the shop floor than I can from them?

Your best bet would try to find someone who works at Auto Alliance, that has access to their computer system that is willing to help, your dealer has access to Vehicle Visibilty as well.
Old 6/24/10, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here's a question for you dealers out there. If a dealership takes delivery of a couple of stock 2011s, is there usually a delay before any more 2011s get delivered to that same dealer? For example, yesterday my dealer received two 2011 5.0s so should I expect some time before they get any more cars delivered or could they get more as soon as today (at random)?
Old 6/24/10, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Here's a question for you dealers out there. If a dealership takes delivery of a couple of stock 2011s, is there usually a delay before any more 2011s get delivered to that same dealer? For example, yesterday my dealer received two 2011 5.0s so should I expect some time before they get any more cars delivered or could they get more as soon as today (at random)?
From my understanding they are limited by dealer allocation. I believe it's based on how many is sold, someone can correct me if I'm wrong however. That's why if you ordered yours before May 31st you could go through retail order verification which would let the dealer order 11's for people outside of what they were allocated.
Old 6/24/10, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

From my understanding they are limited by dealer allocation. I believe it's based on how many is sold, someone can correct me if I'm wrong however. That's why if you ordered yours before May 31st you could go through retail order verification which would let the dealer order 11's for people outside of what they were allocated.
I ordered using ROV back in March but my dealer got two delivered yesterday. I'm hoping to get the call each day but I'm wondering if I've got at least another week to wait since they got some yesterday.

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence