2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/10, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It finally ( wasn't too bad) arrived today at VanBortel, Paul just phoned me up today with the great news. My ETA was for July 5th. Not bad. I'll post a few pics on a different thread.
Congrats Jerry and Jason, yours are closer than mine. I will be driving there on Friday. 7 hour drive in a rental and drive back with the car. I'll take pics.
Old 6/22/10, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

June 21st Delivered. Thread up, pics there. More pics to come in like 5-10.
Old 6/22/10, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

3r4se4gsdrsdffdsasdadasdasdasfg,kj
Old 6/22/10, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
https://themustangsource.com/f726/meet-dani-484702/
Old 6/22/10, 04:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm still trying to figure this one out LOL.....Keep the faith. I'll come in soon i'm sure.
Old 6/22/10, 04:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by grabberguy
For all who ordered 2011 Mustangs early (week of January 18 for me), this thread should be printed as a keepsake now that so many of those on this list are finally taking delivery of their cars.
I feel like Ford is playing keep away...
Old 6/22/10, 04:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
I'm still trying to figure this one out LOL.....Keep the faith. I'll come in soon i'm sure.
Offsite as of 6/20. Guy at AAI says he THINKS mine MAY ship next week...claims it's awaiting shipping and not offsite, but I think he tells that to everyone.
Old 6/22/10, 05:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Offsite as of 6/20. Guy at AAI says he THINKS mine MAY ship next week...claims it's awaiting shipping and not offsite, but I think he tells that to everyone.
hahahahaha, dude I'm sorry but this cracks me up. I know how it feels man, remember yours was built inside of this month so things aren't so bad. Not to downplay the suck of the wait but just think about how it was for us.
Old 6/22/10, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I placed my first order back in early April, so this still feels like a really long time. Plus I've seen a few vehicle visibility histories from others who had 6/3 build dates. Their car left right after "produced". What the hell is wrong with my car that would be sent offsite three times? Will it be an infamous SCRAPPED car? They already knew of all the bugs/problems by 6/3.

My girl is away at the moment so all I'm really doing to pass the time is drowning myself in video games and music piracy.

If it's not shipped by July 2 I might cancel and wait for yellow blaze and 19" inch machined wheels, both options I want.

Last edited by jokerstars; 6/22/10 at 05:36 PM.
Old 6/22/10, 05:54 PM

Yep, they're still plenty of us waiting. Mine wasn't built until May 14th, a mere 5+ weeks in limbo. It was ordered on Feb 10th. This prioritizing by ORDER DATE hasn't seemed to pan out to me.
Old 6/22/10, 07:01 PM
Cobra R Member

I placed my first order back in early April, so this still feels like a really long time. Plus I've seen a few vehicle visibility histories from others who had 6/3 build dates. Their car left right after "produced". What the hell is wrong with my car that would be sent offsite three times? Will it be an infamous SCRAPPED car? They already knew of all the bugs/problems by 6/3.

My girl is away at the moment so all I'm really doing to pass the time is drowning myself in video games and music piracy.

If it's not shipped by July 2 I might cancel and wait for yellow blaze and 19" inch machined wheels, both options I want.
Wait, let me see if I understand you correctly, Joker. . . you're thinking about changing your order? OMG... newsflash!

I wonder if you'd have kept your first order if it would be on the way right now.

And just an FYI on the offsite. If it goes to vehicle personalization and they're "full", it will come back and park until its turn. Then it goes back to personalization (stripes mostly) and then returns to the parking lot for shipping. At least that's my understanding from a well-informed and respected source. I'm thinking the glass roof might be part of this vehicle personalization.
Old 6/22/10, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info. So perhaps they keep retrying to add my glass roof?

The thing is, Montreal Ponies had a glass roof and I saw his entire vehicle visibility history. Not once did it go offsite. I do know for a fact the glass roof is done at the VPC, but the question is why didn't Montreal's stang go "offsite"?

Last edited by jokerstars; 6/22/10 at 07:14 PM.
Old 6/22/10, 08:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the info. So perhaps they keep retrying to add my glass roof?

The thing is, Montreal Ponies had a glass roof and I saw his entire vehicle visibility history. Not once did it go offsite. I do know for a fact the glass roof is done at the VPC, but the question is why didn't Montreal's stang go "offsite"?
I paid the big bucks, and happen to know Paul ! Cheer up bro, IT WILL COME.
Old 6/22/10, 09:56 PM
GT Member

Jokerstar it will ship. Things are going fast. Mine was built 5/20, delivered today. Please up date your list CD, for mine. Thanks Ronn
Old 6/22/10, 10:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but did you look at my vehicle visibility history? Bouncing between offsite and returned to plant 5x times over a two week period does not inspire hope. I am happy when people get their cars, but a little more of me dies inside and makes me want to cancel to say FU to Ford. My **** coupon is going to expire, I won't have my car for the 4th of July weekend (which I was assured by my dealer would happen with a June-03 build), and my friends and coworkers are convinced I'm making up even buying a car (they've been asking since April).

As for the people who had placed their orders before April, I don't know how you've lasted this long. You car's been exposed to the elements and dirty for what, 3 months+ now? This is literally the biggest purchase I've made of my life (not to mention my first gamble with a non-import car) and it's becoming extremely unpleasant. I'm definitely going to remember this next time/if I want another Ford.

I've been relatively cool up until now. But the anger that CS put me through by saying my car was "in transit to you and will probably arrive by the ETA" then to discover on my ETA day it was still in Michigan makes me want to go postal. What kind of nimrod accidentally puts in the system "SHIPPED CONVOY - IN TRANSIT" when the car is just being dicked around the plant and offsite?

Yeah I'm *****ing a lot today. The endless "my car is here" threads are wearing me down.

/rant

Last edited by jokerstars; 6/22/10 at 10:20 PM.
Old 6/22/10, 10:30 PM
GT Member

Well Jokerstar, i belive if you call the Ford rep for your area. He may exstend your rebate, i think CD did that. Its worth a shot. Ronn
Old 6/23/10, 05:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ronn
Well Jokerstar, i belive if you call the Ford rep for your area. He may exstend your rebate, i think CD did that. Its worth a shot. Ronn
The DC area rep is very nice. SHE didn't have to extend my rebate and as it turns out, wasn't going to be able to anyway. She wanted to, but Ford said no. They expire when they expire. All you can do is try to request a new brochure (under a different name at the same address -- even use a slightly different zip code like off by 1 digit where the P.O. will figure it out but Ford's system will think you're someone different.)

This doesn't make it any better but from what I understand the Fiesta buyers are getting screwed even worse. Lots of marketing/promotions being sent out on those cars and they have to ship from MEXICO, go through customs, etc. Everyone is losing their incentives on those cars.
Old 6/23/10, 06:36 AM

I just worry that after they get done joy riding all around Michigan in jokers car mine will be next! lol

I will call CS again later to day see if they updated my ETA since it has pasted with no end in site.

Last edited by Kabala; 6/23/10 at 06:37 AM.
Old 6/23/10, 11:36 AM

Mine is finally on it's way as per vehicle visibility

Ordered: Apr 15
Produced: May 4
Ramp 51: May 9
ENG AMEND: June 5
ENG AMEND:June 12
Awaiting Shipment: Ramp 5P June 19
In Transit: Ramp 7 Walker Rd., Windsor Ont. Jun 21

Can anyone decode these ENG AMEND's, which I think stands for Engineering Amendment
I have 2, which I gather is why the car was on hold???

1.) SA-9270 ENG AMEND - Order Scheduling Composite - F0F0B5SA- June 5th
2.) SA-9270 ENG AMEND - WMI Pos 1-2 (VO 100-101) - 1Z - F0F0B5SA - June 12

My dealer told me the GT's were being released again June 20th, guess he was right
Old 6/23/10, 12:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RoadRanger27
Mine is finally on it's way as per vehicle visibility

Ordered: Apr 15
Produced: May 4
Ramp 51: May 9
ENG AMEND: June 5
ENG AMEND:June 12
Awaiting Shipment: Ramp 5P June 19
In Transit: Ramp 7 Walker Rd., Windsor Ont. Jun 21
Is there a way I can track my car with the VIN without involving a dealer (e.g. on-line somehow)?

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence