2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Brembos vs non

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/11, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took my brembo 3.73 car for a 1200 mile road trip and I thought it was a great car for the job
Old 8/22/11, 11:49 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tetstang
- I looked at the rear LCA's for a GT base, a GT premium with 19" premium wheels, a GT premium BBP car, and two Shelbys (all manuals, coupes). The BBP car and the Shelbys were silver (painted, -- there were magnetic), and the others were black. Can't explain this, as they are all supposed to be the same part number.
TS

It seems that the two manual GT 5.0 coupes without Brembo were older builds - April 2011. Maybe the newer builds are silver, and that's the only difference. . . Both brembos I drove were later builds.
Old 8/23/11, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by freyke
As an owner of a BBP equipped car w/3.73 I can emphatically state, this is not a long road trip car - much more than 400 miles will leave one's kidneys like jell-o... That said, I like the look of the wheels and calipers over the stockers.
I actually have both, the Brembos and 3.73's, but don't have a problem at all with long trips... We took it from FL to NC without interruption (except food and gas) and I truly enjoyed the car... No jelly here, and all my body parts are all okay! ;-)
Old 8/23/11, 07:12 PM
GT Member

2011 GT - I'm curious, what color are your rear lower control arms?
Old 8/27/11, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine has 3.73s and BBP and I have no problems on my regular trips between Austin and Houston.
Old 8/28/11, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Brembo's w/3.73's and have done numerous trips without any adverse issues with my back. Does it have a firmer ride then normal ? yes, but it's still far better then my old Lowered F-body was even with Koni S/A's. The Mustang like most cars could use some better shock valving but it's not horrible.
BTW my car has cast (silver) colored rear lower control arms and my build was June 17th.
Old 9/1/11, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Silver LCA's here. Built in May.
Old 9/1/11, 04:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wonger
Silver LCA's here. Built in May.
Brembo or non Brembo car ?
Old 9/8/11, 10:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Brembo.
Old 9/8/11, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Brembo cars have silver rear lca's because they get the GT500 components.

I thought this had been put to rest already?

14" rotors with 4 piston calipers
Different spring and shock tuning
DIfferent wheels with Summer Pzero (not Neros) tires
GT500 rear end bits
Unique ESC tuning

My Brembo car is a November 2010 build. It has silver LCA's
Old 9/10/11, 04:46 PM
GT Member

The obvious with the BBP are the brakes, wheels, tires and ESC tuning. The not-so obvious are what you call GT500 rear-end bits, and spring and shock tuning.

The rear sway bar has been proved to be the same for non-brembo GT's and GT500's, at least on the 2012's. The strut tower brace comes with any 19" wheel package. The part numbers for the rear LCA's, springs and shocks are the same for BBP and non-BBP cars, according to what I could find indepenently, and according to one parts-guy. And, then there is not one Ford dealer sales person that says the BBP pack is anything more than brakes, wheels, tires and ESC tuning. One would think they would be trying to upsell the car with the package...

I am not bunking the BBP cars. Believe me, if there was spring and shock tuning included with the package, I'd be inclined to buy it. But, without imperical data to support it, I doubt I'd spring for the BBP. I like to know what I am buying.
Old 9/10/11, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Different springs & shocks or not its well worth the price for the upgrade to wider 19's, decent summer tires, and bigger brakes. I'm changing my LCA's this week and springs & shocks will likely not be too far behind so I could really care less about the rest . . .
Old 9/11/11, 05:39 AM
GT Member

I thought i read somewhere the part numbers on some suspension components of BBP cars were found to be different when compared to non-BBP cars? Anyone verify?
Old 10/16/11, 11:59 AM
V6 Member

This is from my FAQ section of my website: Brembo50.com

"much confusion has been made as to what the "Brembo Brake Package" really consist of. The Brembo Brake Package was and is only offered on 6 speed manual transmission GTs. The official Ford Buyers guide list the option as nothing more than a brakes, wheels, tires. When one looks at part numbers on FordParts.com, you might see that all the mustangs models have the same part numbers listed, however the differences can only be detected by price and description, not part number. For this reason one must speak to Ford Parts Counter Person to get the actual extension numbers. If that's not confusing enough, you also have a whole global community of people on the internet posting ideas, theories and nonsense about what the "package" really consist of.

Because of all this confusion, it became easier for people to believe that the "Brembo Brake Package" (aka Option 55D) was just the addition of the Brakes and 19" Wheels and Tires, however, in really it is much more than that. Lets take a closer look.

First,we need to look at what a normal 2011-12 GT shares with a Brembo Mustang:

Part Specifications that ALL 2011-12 Mustang GTs come standard with including the Brembo Mustang:
  • Rear: 11.8" Vented Rotors with 1-Piston Calipers
  • Sway Bars ( 34.6mm Front/ 24mm Rear)
  • Strut Bar Brace
  • Higher Durometer Rubber Bushings

Second, lets look at what a standard 2011-12 Mustang GT does not have, that a Brembo Mustang does;

The (55D) Brembo Brake Package includes the following:

• Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
  • 19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
  • 255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
  • Different Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
  • GT-500 Rear Lower Control Arms ( Higher Durometer Rubber Bushings)
  • Different Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
  • Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
  • Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
  • Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire"
Hope this helps explain somethings. If you OWN a BREMBO MUSTANG join our National registry ( IT'S FREE) and unlocks other pages on our site with exclusive information and benefits.

Visit: Brembo50.com

Last edited by Bucephalus; 10/27/11 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10/16/11, 09:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I was wondering if you'd find your way over to this thread. It's not a giant conspiracy...You can calm down. No one appointed you as Baby-Jesus of the Brembo Brake Package.

What do I hate: Spam bots.
What do I hate more: Real people that spam.
Old 10/17/11, 03:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I was wondering if you'd find your way over to this thread. It's not a giant conspiracy...You can calm down. No one appointed you as Baby-Jesus of the Brembo Brake Package.

What do I hate: Spam bots.
What do I hate more: Real people that spam.
Someone asked him to post in this thread:
https://themustangsource.com/f800/br...3/#post6161276
He's not spamming, he's informing. Quit hating.
Old 10/17/11, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bucephalus
This is from my FAQ section of my website: Brembo50.com

"much confusion has been made as to what the "Brembo Brake Package" really consist of. The Brembo Brake Package was and is only offered on 6 speed manual transmission GTs. The official Ford Buyers guide list the option as nothing more than a brakes, wheels, tires. When one looks at part numbers on FordParts.com, you might see that all the mustangs models have the same part numbers listed, however the differences can only be detected by price and description, not part number. For this reason one must speak to Ford Parts Counter Person to get the actual extension numbers. If that's not confusing enough, you also have a whole global community of people on the internet posting ideas, theories and nonsense about what the "package" really consist of.

Because of all this confusion, it became easier for people to believe that the "Brembo Brake Package" (aka Option 55D) was just the addition of the Brakes and 19" Wheels and Tires, however, in really it is much more than that. Lets take a closer look.

First,we need to look at what a normal 2011-12 GT shares with a Brembo Mustang:

Part Specifications that ALL 2011-12 Mustang GTs come standard with including the Brembo Mustang:
  • Rear: 11.8" Vented Rotors with 1-Piston Calipers
  • Sway Bars ( 34.6mm Front/ 24mm Rear)
  • Strut Bar Brace
  • Higher Durometer Rubber Bushings
  • GT-500 Rear Lower Control Arms ( Higher Durometer Rubber Bushings)

Second, lets look at what a standard 2011-12 Mustang GT does not have, that a Brembo Mustang does;

The (55D) Brembo Brake Package includes the following:

• Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
  • 19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
  • 255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
  • Different Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
  • Different Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
  • Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
  • Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
  • Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire"
Hope this helps explain somethings. If you OWN a BREMBO MUSTANG join our National registry ( IT'S FREE) and unlocks other pages on our site with exclusive information and benefits.

Visit: Brembo50.com
You might want to update your info.....2012 GT's DO have:
Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
....Brembo or not!

Also, There is no 2011+ Stang that has the GT500 LCA's.....except the GT500!
Old 10/17/11, 09:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas S
Someone asked him to post in this thread:
https://themustangsource.com/f800/br...3/#post6161276
He's not spamming, he's informing. Quit hating.
Defend him all you want. I still call it spam. Offering a service is one thing, but he's clearly catering to the uninformed in order to sell a product that isn't the perfection he describes. That's called a scam.
Old 10/18/11, 11:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Guess what you think is not always important to others
Old 10/18/11, 12:35 PM

I can't tell much of a difference in driving my buddies brembo and my gt/cs non brembo mustang.......day in and day out I don't think you'll notice....hanging it out at nurburgring you might notice....something...not sure...I live about 1 1/2 hour drive from there.....maybe I'll try it out.......normal folks will never drive the car to the limit, or have the skill to notice the difference of the brembo vs non brembo.......my Z06 has brembo an my harley as well....because that's what came with them.....I'm an old fart driving a muscle car.....I can't tell the difference.....in a blind test....I'm thinking maybe you'd guess wrong too......

I know here in germany on the autobahn on a regular basis you'll be in the left lane driving at a high rate of speed when a car will think that because it puts it's blinker on it can do what it wants......I've had several occasions when I've been traveling north of 120 mph and a car traveling around 60 has suddenly pulled into my lane.....I can tell you from experience....non-brembo brakes are plenty good......

Last edited by majorbanjo; 10/18/11 at 12:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Brembos vs non