2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Actual weight 3,603!

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/10, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a Corvette owner and enthusiast, I'd take the Ford GT over the ZR-1. The ZR-1 is a 'vette plus plus, and an awesome one at that. The GT is like nothing else.
Old 1/8/10, 02:12 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idk... though the zr1 is quicker the ford gt just has "it"
Old 1/8/10, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MBK
idk... though the zr1 is quicker the ford gt just has "it"
The GT really isn't quicker. The 0-60 times that were always talked about were 3.3 for the GT and yes, it has a limiter on the top end (205 mph) but it could do 213 unlimited and more when modded.

The day I win the mega-super-lotto (if it ever did happen) would go like this. Call a lawyer and accountant 1st. Take care of my parents, my sister, my nephews, my brother my girlfriend 2nd. Then 3rd, I would find a Heritage GT and a Midnight Blue with low miles each and tell them to ship them to me ASAP!!! ITS MY DREAM CAR!!!!

Then lastly, get an architect to build me a nice quaint house with a 50 car garage!!!!
Old 1/8/10, 04:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Jeff, I got to drive a 2006 GT recently. It has been lightly modded and put down 600+ rwhp on the same Mustang Chassis Dyno where my '07 Mustang put down 364 rwhp. To say that this '06 GT is a rocket is an understatement. Drove it 20+ miles and couldn't believe the thrust available in any gear at any revs, and a docile ride to boot! This particular GT has over 60K miles on it and is SVT-documented as the highest miles 2006 GT on Earth, yet it still looks/feels new with very frequent maintenence to keep it track ready at a moment's notice.
Attached Thumbnails Actual weight 3,603!-06gt48.jpg  

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 1/8/10 at 04:05 PM.
Old 1/8/10, 08:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Jeff, I got to drive a 2006 GT recently. It has been lightly modded and put down 600+ rwhp on the same Mustang Chassis Dyno where my '07 Mustang put down 364 rwhp. To say that this '06 GT is a rocket is an understatement. Drove it 20+ miles and couldn't believe the thrust available in any gear at any revs, and a docile ride to boot! This particular GT has over 60K miles on it and is SVT-documented as the highest miles 2006 GT on Earth, yet it still looks/feels new with very frequent maintenence to keep it track ready at a moment's notice.
That is my second favorite Ford GT color in the photo with your post, the first being white with blue stripes.

I'd actually take both a GT and the ZR1, but if I had to pick, the Ford GT would win.

If you asked me to pick between a GT and the Ferrari F458 Italia, that would be a tough one.
Old 1/8/10, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
That is my second favorite Ford GT color in the photo with your post, the first being white with blue stripes.

I'd actually take both a GT and the ZR1, but if I had to pick, the Ford GT would win.

If you asked me to pick between a GT and the Ferrari F458 Italia, that would be a tough one.
One of our customers who bought an '05 GT (white/blue stripes) from us also had a then-current Ferrari. I don't know the models well enough, but it was an F355, IIRC? I wonder which car he drives more often?

My favorite 05-06 GT color combos are the Gulf livery colors (light blue with orange) and the midnight blue with white stripes. We delivered the very first publicly sold 2005 GT on Earth (to retired Microsoft exec, Jon Shirley) in the fall of 2004. Chassis #10. The second one (chassis #11) was sold to Jay Leno. #10 was midnight blue with white stripes. Looked awesome! Click here for an article (with pics) covering #10's delivery at our dealership.
Old 1/9/10, 07:08 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
One of our customers who bought an '05 GT (white/blue stripes) from us also had a then-current Ferrari. I don't know the models well enough, but it was an F355, IIRC? I wonder which car he drives more often?
My old friend who has both, seems to be seen more in the GT.
Old 1/9/10, 01:49 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My favorite 05-06 GT color combos are the Gulf livery colors (light blue with orange) and the midnight blue with white stripes. We delivered the very first publicly sold 2005 GT on Earth (to retired Microsoft exec, Jon Shirley) in the fall of 2004. Chassis #10. The second one (chassis #11) was sold to Jay Leno. #10 was midnight blue with white stripes. Looked awesome! Click here for an article (with pics) covering #10's delivery at our dealership.
SAWEEET!! Thanx for that info/link Brian - looks like after football its time to watch LeMans again. LOL

Each Ford GT will be powered by a hand-built aluminum 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 producing 550 horsepower and 500 lb.-ft. of torque. With a top speed of 205 miles per hour, it is the fastest production car ever to wear the Ford oval.

Ford GT40 Mk I (Gulf - 1968/1969)
  • Powered by Ford 289 V8 with Gurney-Weslake cylinder heads.
  • Engine capacity later increased to 5.0 litres.
  • Induction system: 4 x Weber 48 IDA carburettors.
  • Based on standard monocoque but with aluminium roof structure.
  • Only 4 cars: 1074, 1075, 1076 & 1084.
  • Body panels reinforced with carbon fibre.
  • Power output was approximately 425 bhp.
  • Fitted with 6-spoke magnesium alloy wheels.
  • Weight at scrutineering: 2469 lbs.
  • Won at Le Mans in 1968 and 1969.
  • Top speed: 210 mph.
Old 1/9/10, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
SAWEEET!! Thanx for that info/link Brian - looks like after football its time to watch LeMans again. LOL

Each Ford GT will be powered by a hand-built aluminum 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 producing 550 horsepower and 500 lb.-ft. of torque. With a top speed of 205 miles per hour, it is the fastest production car ever to wear the Ford oval.

Ford GT40 Mk I (Gulf - 1968/1969)