2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Actual weight 3,603!

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/10, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's nothing wrong with loving your car. I just hate a totally biased view on the subject. A 2010 SS is faster than a 2010 GT, got it. A 2011 GT should be faster than a 2010 SS. Its like the law of physics suddenly don't apply to your car if its losing? Denial ain't a river in Egypt.
Old 1/4/10, 02:56 PM
eci
Banned

ZR1 is limited to 2k units per year. That is more exclusive than Ford GT.
Old 1/4/10, 02:57 PM
eci
Banned

cdynaco, Z06 uses the 505HP LS7.

EDIT: NM I see you are talking about the old C5 one.

Last edited by eci; 1/4/10 at 02:58 PM.
Old 1/4/10, 03:00 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
cdynaco, Z06 uses the 505HP LS7.

EDIT: NM I see you are talking about the old C5 one.
Right... thought it was a good comparo since both are 5.7's...
Old 1/4/10, 03:54 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
But it's still a Corvette, millions of them have been produced. Can't say the same for the Ford GT. Obviously you can afford to charge more if the car will be more of a collectors item. And that was my point
Old 1/4/10, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eci
Lol, the ZR1 is not even close to the GT in terms of exclusivity. In two years ZR1s will be trading hands for 65k. There is a big difference in a hot version of a lessor car as oppossed to a completely unique platform with a total production run of 4k cars.

The GT was built to hit certain performance targets, which it did. Had there been a ZR1 in 05 ford would would have made sure the GT exceeded it's performance.

Ask yourself how many GT owners would swap for the "superior" ZR1? Hell, they can sell their GTs and buy ZR1s and pocket the difference!
Old 1/4/10, 10:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
One thing I definitely noticed about Camaro5 is that most of the Mustang people there have their accounts suspended. They don't like us much do they?
So true. I don't miss going there besides some of the guys I know in real life from there I'm not missing much anyways. It has to be the worst Fanboi site on the net. Average age over there has to be 14.
Old 1/5/10, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Lol Camaro5 ......Yeah lets bash Mustangs but oh woe if you say something about a Camaro. The irony is they complain about ChallengerTalk, and they are no better. No worries, I still keep up the good fight there..I have not been ban...yet...again...
Old 1/5/10, 07:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ninjak
Lol Camaro5 ......Yeah lets bash Mustangs but oh woe if you say something about a Camaro. The irony is they complain about ChallengerTalk, and they are no better. No worries, I still keep up the good fight there..I have not been ban...yet...again...
You know i have never cursed or directly insulted anyone over there (ex..you are a moron, idiot, you're stupid etc..) but i have been called everything and the mods don't even delete the posts lol but i get banned for a month for "nice technology lol" when talking about the new brake roller skates it's almost entertaining now to see them talk to eachother "being that the camaro is far superior than any other car on earth in any way with it's superior onstar technology and voice (not visual) gps navigation LOL

I still have not gotten a response to this futuristic technology they speak of and what exactly it is...

Last edited by fdjizm; 1/5/10 at 07:44 AM.
Old 1/5/10, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
You know i have never cursed or directly insulted anyone over there (ex..you are a moron, idiot, you're stupid etc..) but i have been called everything and the mods don't even delete the posts lol but i get banned for a month for "nice technology lol" when talking about the new brake roller skates it's almost entertaining now to see them talk to eachother "being that the camaro is far superior than any other car on earth in any way with it's superior onstar technology and voice (not visual) gps navigation LOL

I still have not gotten a response to this futuristic technology they speak of and what exactly it is...
Haha you ? Well I am infamous on that site. You should see the names I get called.
Old 1/5/10, 02:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I don't post on there, but I do visit it maybe once a week. I don't see that much Mustang bashing on there, but honestly I don't think we should be going on and on about it here. That will just draw their attention to us and it will just go back and forth. Let them be. Let the 5.0 and 6speed speak for themselves...
Old 1/5/10, 11:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm positive that most of the clowns on Camaro5 are convinced the the Earth is flat and if you told them otherwise you'd be a blasphemous liar a get banned!! lol
Some clueless folks in that forum.
Old 1/6/10, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cdvision
I'm positive that most of the clowns on Camaro5 are convinced the the Earth is flat and if you told them otherwise you'd be a blasphemous liar a get banned!! lol
Some clueless folks in that forum.
Not to mention they ban their own when it comes to a mustang thread.

Oh well. Oh yeah, long time no post, TMS.
Old 1/6/10, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MBK
because they're probably lighter. their advertised weights include a tank of gas driver and luggage iirc. most weight in the US is just the car and maybe a tank of gas or so. don't know what else it could be.
My bad..the 328i is lighter by about 200lbs..but the 33hp advantage should still make up for this and yet it is over .5 sec slower in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. I think in the case of the Fusion its an issue of how the tranny is programmed. I have been reading it is quite lethargic..

Dave
Old 1/6/10, 11:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Zabo
Not to mention they ban their own when it comes to a mustang thread.

Oh well. Oh yeah, long time no post, TMS.
Funny update my ban has just been upgraded from a month to FOREVER LMAO!

nice technology lol
equals a ban forever from camarolol5.com
Old 1/6/10, 11:59 AM
MOTM Committee Member

someone probably read your posts on here and tattled
Old 1/7/10, 08:24 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

there are better things to do than peruse that forum... they did you a favor
Old 1/8/10, 10:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ford GT is currently limited to a production number of...zero. Right? Didn't they stop making them after the few they made during the last release?

Either way, Chevy has made some good cars in the past, no one will deny that. The ZR1 is nice, but it's a pocket-niche product, same as the Ford GT. There's no high demand for vehicles like that. The 2010 ZR1's performance doesn't make Chevy a "great" manufacturer, it just means they can produce an exclusive high-performance car.
Old 1/8/10, 10:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Arrow
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ford GT is currently limited to a production number of...zero. Right? Didn't they stop making them after the few they made during the last release?

Either way, Chevy has made some good cars in the past, no one will deny that. The ZR1 is nice, but it's a pocket-niche product, same as the Ford GT. There's no high demand for vehicles like that. The 2010 ZR1's performance doesn't make Chevy a "great" manufacturer, it just means they can produce an exclusive high-performance car.
The Ford GT was made from 2005 to Sept 2006 with a total of 4,038 cars built. It was a shining achievement for Ford, and a car that IMO is WAY above a ZR1. At the end of the day, you have the GT which has NOT lost any value or a modified factory Corvette. What will get you more attention at a car show/cruise-in? Plus, the GT is way faster than alot of people give it credit for, and was EXTREMELY underrated by the factory!!!

And Arrow, there is still demand for Ford GTs. Its why their value has never dipped. We just sold our 2005 for $145,000 wholesale. Retail they are still in the $150,000 for decent low mileage 1-owner up to $175,000 for Heritage painted vehicles. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
Old 1/8/10, 12:26 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The corvette ZR-1 is fast to be sure, but it had its little siblings to thank for its success.
Which ultimately is part of the reason it just blends in. Its a sleeper in that unless you really are a car person, its 'just another vette'

The Ford GT on the other hand really had nothing to borrow from, costed a lot more to make, nearly sunk SVT of money and resources... and looks absolutely like nothing on the road. Not to mention its VERY fast, capable and modable.

It would be a different story altogether if the ZR1 was a car all onto its own with nothing to borrow from,
or if used the chassis/parts but had a completely different look and was not a corvette.

The are both insanely fast and amazing cars, but in the end, i'd pick the GT over the ZR1 as I wouldn't want to just 'blend in'. But I have friends that would choose the opposite. THey wouldn't care, they just want the latest speed, blend in or not.

Just compare the new ZR1 to the old ZR-1...SOME people clamour to it, but they know and like their vettes.

The GT will hold value with everyone, as there's nothing out there like it.
I think in the end the ZR1 will hold its value....with corvette faithful.

Last edited by Boomer; 1/8/10 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Actual weight 3,603!