2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/14, 11:55 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have all sorts of snow now and I have tucked my car away in the shop. I finally got it up to 2000 miles since taking it home. It still have never washed it and has never got wet so it still looks as fresh as the day I unwrapped it. I only wipe it down with microfiber and Wizzards Mist n Shine. I have learned to accept alot of the quirks that many have (paint, tick, rattles, etc...), but the one thing that really annoys me is the driveshaft clunk and rear axle gear noise thats loudest when cold. I will bring it in next year to have fixed. I really wish Ford would allow myself/my shop (I own a repair facility) repair the car and able to bill under warranty. I know exactly what is wrong, but will have to have the dealer guys tear into it to make it right.
Old 11/15/14, 12:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo302
We have all sorts of snow now and I have tucked my car away in the shop. I finally got it up to 2000 miles since taking it home. It still have never washed it and has never got wet so it still looks as fresh as the day I unwrapped it. I only wipe it down with microfiber and Wizzards Mist n Shine. I have learned to accept alot of the quirks that many have (paint, tick, rattles, etc...), but the one thing that really annoys me is the driveshaft clunk and rear axle gear noise thats loudest when cold. I will bring it in next year to have fixed. I really wish Ford would allow myself/my shop (I own a repair facility) repair the car and able to bill under warranty. I know exactly what is wrong, but will have to have the dealer guys tear into it to make it right.
Ah the Mustang Clunk. I had that in my 2000 GT. It drove me crazy. My 14 has it too. Its something I'll take care of after hibernation. New driveshaft?
Old 11/16/14, 03:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
Ah the Mustang Clunk. I had that in my 2000 GT. It drove me crazy. My 14 has it too. Its something I'll take care of after hibernation. New driveshaft?
My 00 and 03 had it. My 14 didn't, until 6k miles. Now it does too
Old 11/16/14, 05:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo302
Mine has it as well, only 1200 miles and a slight whine over 60 coming from the rear. I also noticed when putting on my exhaust that the joint between the 2 shafts has grease flung all over the tunnel. What are you doing to correct it?
Old 11/18/14, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slizzime
Mine has it as well, only 1200 miles and a slight whine over 60 coming from the rear. I also noticed when putting on my exhaust that the joint between the 2 shafts has grease flung all over the tunnel. What are you doing to correct it?
I've got exactly the same noise. 100 kph exactly. A couple kph over or under (literally less than 5 kph over or under) and no noise. I just figured it was a resonance thing and wasn't worried.