Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/14, 08:02 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rusty1102
I think I will start a new thread and call it "Who's car sat at the plant the longest waiting for a ride?" OR "Wonder who's car was the last 2014 off the production line?" OR "I see 2015's on the dealer lot and my 2014 still hasn't been delivered!" Feeling very frustrated. My car has been built for almost a month and just needs a ride to my dealer. What gives Ford?

Where you located? I know the rail system has had some delays. They are probably waiting for some load heading your direction. Mine left Flat Rock on 6/20/14 and traveled toward Chicago, then took a turn South to Missouri before coming back up Illnois then through Wisconsin and finally made it to Dayton's Bluff trainyard in St Paul MN last night (last stop before loading on truck).

I talked to my dealer who said we had extra delays due to flooding backlogs/backups of trains. Mines almost here though! I went down to an area where you can see all the train cars but couldn't see close enough to find my rail car #. I know it's there, just don't know in what one.

Should be unloaded and sorted for truck in the coming days. The dealer is leaving it all in its wrapping so I can come down and take some pics and check her out in its factory state!

Hope you get some progress soon...

Maybe yours was one of the selected ones that they test out. That could delay it some and could be why it has been at Flat Rock a while. Mine was built on the 11th on a rail car the 18th and shipped the 20th.
Old 7/8/14, 08:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo302
Where you located? I know the rail system has had some delays. They are probably waiting for some load heading your direction. Mine left Flat Rock on 6/20/14 and traveled toward Chicago, then took a turn South to Missouri before coming back up Illnois then through Wisconsin and finally made it to Dayton's Bluff trainyard in St Paul MN last night (last stop before loading on truck). I talked to my dealer who said we had extra delays due to flooding backlogs/backups of trains. Mines almost here though! I went down to an area where you can see all the train cars but couldn't see close enough to find my rail car #. I know it's there, just don't know in what one. Should be unloaded and sorted for truck in the coming days. The dealer is leaving it all in its wrapping so I can come down and take some pics and check her out in its factory state! Hope you get some progress soon... Maybe yours was one of the selected ones that they test out. That could delay it some and could be why it has been at Flat Rock a while. Mine was built on the 11th on a rail car the 18th and shipped the 20th.
There's not much wrapping lol trust me. It's kinda a joke.
Old 7/8/14, 08:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
There's not much wrapping lol trust me. It's kinda a joke.
LOL! That's what I heard. Just a little spot here and there for protection. I'm doing it more so for documentation. I want all the little details and things in a scrapbook for my 18mo. This is my first new car and plan on keeping it to pass down when she's older. She already is playing with HotWheels and says "weeeee" whenever I get on the gas a bit in my S4 . When my wife starts her Tahoe, my little girl makes the "Vroom" sound when the truck fires up I think there is some gear head in her blood

Last edited by Turbo302; 7/8/14 at 08:17 PM.
Old 7/8/14, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

LOL! That's what I heard. Just a little spot here and there for protection. I'm doing it more so for documentation. I want all the little details and things in a scrapbook for my 18mo. This is my first new car and plan on keeping it to pass down when she's older. She already is playing with HotWheels and says "weeeee" whenever I get on the gas a bit in my S4 . When my wife starts her Tahoe, my little girl makes the Vroom sound when the truck fires up I think there is some gear head in her blood
My son Liam, 4.5mo just last night. His first ride. I highly doubt I'm going to have this car by the time he gets older, but I have all the packaging and stuff too. I didn't keep all the tape from the interior, but kept some of it. Kept the dealer paper floormats, the window sticker (which the dealer didn't even peel the backing off of, thankfully) all the documentation and even kept the free oil change coupon which I'll never use because the dealer is 900mi away LOL.

And yeah, he's in a Recaro. He got Recaros before his daddy! But I have my own set finally
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-775425660.jpg  
Old 7/8/14, 08:22 PM
GT Member

My son Liam, 4.5mo just last night. His first ride. I highly doubt I'm going to have this car by the time he gets older, but I have all the packaging and stuff too. I didn't keep all the tape from the interior, but kept some of it. Kept the dealer paper floormats, the window sticker (which the dealer didn't even peel the backing off of, thankfully) all the documentation and even kept the free oil change coupon which I'll never use because the dealer is 900mi away LOL.

And yeah, he's in a Recaro. He got Recaros before his daddy! But I have my own set finally

Ha! Super cool! I got my girl a Recaro seat also! Unfortunately dad didn't get them since we got heated seats and pony projectors

I get sentimental about my cars and seem to keep them forever. I still have my 90 GT from right out of high school, my 92 LX Notch 5.0 from college, even the wife's Bronco II I rebuilt for her when she was in High School.

I did sell my SS Camaro and going to liquidate another 5.0 Foxbody that I have only used at the drag strip so it doesn't have the memories and road trip stories with buddies etc that the other ones have had.

Last edited by Turbo302; 7/8/14 at 08:27 PM.
Old 7/8/14, 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ha! Super cool! I got my girl a Recaro seat also! Unfortunately dad didn't get them since we got heated seats and pony projectors
Lol it was a non negotiable on the Recaros for me, but instead of heated seats, mama got dual zone climate control. Her first ride the other night, I had my side on 60, hers on 70 lol! I might try to retrofit the heated elements to the Recaros though, as it's pretty cheap and I hate button block offs on my dash. I want the Pony Projector mirrors too!
Old 7/8/14, 10:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lol it was a non negotiable on the Recaros for me, but instead of heated seats, mama got dual zone climate control. Her first ride the other night, I had my side on 60, hers on 70 lol! I might try to retrofit the heated elements to the Recaros though, as it's pretty cheap and I hate button block offs on my dash. I want the Pony Projector mirrors too!

pony projectors are pretty cool. i wasn't overly thrilled about the idea of having them .... but once you see them at night time, its wicked!
Old 7/11/14, 05:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be careful if you try to do a retrofit or aftermarket seat heater install. I'm not sure how Ford's passenger seat occupant detection system works, but I know in Subaru's if you try to retrofit, the heater element will burn out the ODS sensor, which is $$$$ to replace. In factory seat heater installs, the element is all one unit with the ODS sensor and everything integrated.

Just a heads up so you can research it fully and not get burned.
Old 7/11/14, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah I drove 990 miles from the dealer near Seattle to home on the first day of ownership. I don't think the ink was dry on the paperwork!
Nice! You got all your "break in" miles out of the way fast!
Old 7/11/14, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
pony projectors are pretty cool. i wasn't overly thrilled about the idea of having them .... but once you see them at night time, its wicked!
110%
Old 7/12/14, 08:03 AM
GT Member

Mine came in to the dealer Thurs evening 07/10/14! Unfortunately I had to head out of town to a family reunion. 20 min after departing for our trip I get a text on my phone with pics of a beautiful s197! My sales guys told me they already grabbed the keys and locked it away for me.

I should be in there Monday to get my own pics and unwrap my present :-)

I'll post some pics as soon as I am able.
Old 7/12/14, 08:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Mine came in to the dealer Thurs evening 07/10/14! Unfortunately I had to head out of town to a family reunion. 20 min after departing for our trip I get a text on my phone with pics of a beautiful s197! My sales guys told me they already grabbed the keys and locked it away for me.

Congrats, cant wait to see those pics!
Old 7/12/14, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats bro, you're going to love it, worth every second of the wait. Still can't believe it sometimes when I walk out to the garage some mornings.

Anybody else still waiting on a factory order or is Turbo302 the last one?
Old 7/12/14, 01:03 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Awesome and congrats.

I feel the same way every time intake the cover off and go our for a cruise.
Old 7/13/14, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations! !!! Can't wait to see the pictures
Old 7/13/14, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Mine came in to the dealer Thurs evening 07/10/14! Unfortunately I had to head out of town to a family reunion. 20 min after departing for our trip I get a text on my phone with pics of a beautiful s197! My sales guys told me they already grabbed the keys and locked it away for me. I should be in there Monday to get my own pics and unwrap my present :-) I'll post some pics as soon as I am able.
Awesome! Finally!!
Old 7/14/14, 12:29 PM
GT Member

Got it home safe and sound! I'll have to do a photo shoot with it wrapped up still and then all unwrapped!

Got to say I had the best experience with Autonation Ford White Bear Lake MN (old Tousley Ford). My sales guys Bobby Vineis, Adam Heeren and Sales Mgr. Lance Kruger are top notch! So above and beyond what most dealers are like! I'd recommend anyone in the upper Midwest contact them for great service and awesome pricing. I got $8424 off MSRP with the current rebates, so the $44,645 sticker didn't feel so bad :-)

Photos will follow in the coming days!
Old 7/14/14, 12:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Got it home safe and sound! I'll have to do a photo shoot with it wrapped up still and then all unwrapped! Got to say I had the best experience with Autonation Ford White Bear Lake MN (old Tousley Ford). My sales guys Bobby Vineis, Adam Heeren and Sales Mgr. Lance Kruger are top notch! So above and beyond what most dealers are like! I'd recommend anyone in the upper Midwest contact them for great service and awesome pricing. I got $8424 off MSRP with the current rebates, so the $44,645 sticker didn't feel so bad :-) Photos will follow in the coming days!
Awesome. I am ordering my Ford parts from them too. Mike R. in parts is the go-to guy. They sell their replacement parts at 10% over dealer cost!
Old 7/15/14, 08:28 AM
GT Member

Here's a few right as we were picking it up!

Name:  imagejpg3-2.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  127.6 KB

Name:  imagejpg1-2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  112.2 KB

Name:  imagejpg2-2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  160.3 KB

Name:  imagejpg4-1.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  87.1 KB
Old 7/15/14, 08:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Awww I wish my little guy could've gone with my dad and I to pick mine up!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread