Search this Thread

Old 9/12/13, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Congrats she's a beauty!
Thanks MF! =]
Old 9/12/13, 11:21 AM

Can anyone answer this question that has the factory installed remote autostart? Do you have a seperate FOB or is the does the car key fob have an extra button?
Old 9/12/13, 11:51 AM
LCC
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JDMontana
Can anyone answer this question that has the factory installed remote autostart? Do you have a seperate FOB or is the does the car key fob have an extra button?
If they haven't changed it in the last 2 months, then it's a separate FOB. I know, dumb..
That and the fact that they don't offer the keypad on the door so you can open the door with a code. LOVE that feature on my pickup, don't have to carry keys with you when out for a walk or run..
Old 9/12/13, 05:00 PM

The saga and drama is finally over! I ordered mine May 14, didn't get VIN until Aug 1, Blend Aug 19, Delivered to dealer Sep 4, 2013. If you followed this thread I was livid over this and I did in fact tell the dealer I didn't want it anymore. After some conversations I agreed to take it if in my hands if delivered on Sep 7 as a had a trip planned. The dealer bent over backwards and I will not get into all the details, I have nothing but praise for them. I did get the car after some more drama and glad I stuck to my guns. The trip trough Mountain passes and tight curves at 70+ made me love the car. I talked to many people and know more about allocations, priority, and such much more then I ever wanted to know or should need to know. My advise to orders is if it doesn't VIN in 6-8 weeks you have a problem. Ford's ordering system is totally broken for retail orders. The dealer was great, the car is super, Deysha was a saint.

Best of luck on all your orders
There is a guy on SVTP who ordered a GT500 on July 24 and got his car already...

Crazy system they have...
Old 9/12/13, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, my car is being built tomorrow.... which is Friday the 13th. Cool.

Last edited by Last1; 9/12/13 at 07:42 PM.
Old 9/12/13, 08:35 PM

So earlier today I drove by my ford dealership. I know what your thinking "stalker alert" ... Lol. Anyway as I am driving I catch a glimpse of a handsome 2014 sterling grey Mustang GT Track Pack fully loaded. I got light headed, and I would have cried tears of joy...If I was a Nancy. I get to pick it up tomorrow! Very pleased!
Old 9/13/13, 06:29 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by LCC
If they haven't changed it in the last 2 months, then it's a separate FOB.
As LCC mentioned, it has its own fob, JDMontana. You can see what it looks like here, under the Comfort and Convenience section.

Originally Posted by Last1
So, my car is being built tomorrow.... which is Friday the 13th. Cool.
It sure is!

Originally Posted by Boba_Fett23
So earlier today I drove by my ford dealership. I know what your thinking "stalker alert" ... Lol. Anyway as I am driving I catch a glimpse of a handsome 2014 sterling grey Mustang GT Track Pack fully loaded. I got light headed, and I would have cried tears of joy...If I was a Nancy. I get to pick it up tomorrow! Very pleased!
Woo hoo! Congrats, Boba_Fett23!

Deysha
Old 9/13/13, 09:56 AM

Just ordered a white 2014 GT-CS w/ glass roof on 9/2! Sounds like the orders take a while to fulfill though ... What the average wait time?
Old 9/13/13, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ricco
Just ordered a white 2014 GT-CS w/ glass roof on 9/2! Sounds like the orders take a while to fulfill though ... What the average wait time?
My dealer said the average is between 6-8 weeks, however, looking through this thread it looks like it has been much longer recently. I think it's due to a) a Factory shutdown in July, and the consequential shifts and delays to people's orders; and b) Ford is experiencing a resurgence in customer demand (though this is across the entire automotive sector).

FYI, I'm one of the unlucky ones. Having just hit the 6 week mark, I have no VIN yet (so, it hasn't even been put in a schedule book at Ford). And there are many more people here like that. Not even having an estimate can get pretty hard on some people - hence, this thread is seomwhat like a therapeutic waiting room.
Old 9/13/13, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
My dealer said the average is between 6-8 weeks, however, looking through this thread it looks like it has been much longer recently. I think it's due to a) a Factory shutdown in July, and the consequential shifts and delays to people's orders; and b) Ford is experiencing a resurgence in customer demand (though this is across the entire automotive sector).

FYI, I'm one of the unlucky ones. Having just hit the 6 week mark, I have no VIN yet (so, it hasn't even been put in a schedule book at Ford). And there are many more people here like that. Not even having an estimate can get pretty hard on some people - hence, this thread is seomwhat like a therapeutic waiting room.

It sometimes seems a little random. I ordered 8/23, received my VIN yesterday (9/12), don't have a build date yet, but expected the first week of October.... I have seen others who have gotten their cars a little over a month after ordering...
Old 9/13/13, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Strayshot
It sometimes seems a little random. I ordered 8/23, received my VIN yesterday (9/12), don't have a build date yet, but expected the first week of October.... I have seen others who have gotten their cars a little over a month after ordering...
Yup. It's a mystery. Hey! I've also ordered a RR 2014 v6. What else is in your build?

Mine is:
Automatic v6 Premium, Ruby Red, Pony Package, Glass Roof, Saddle leather seats, with a rear view camera.
Old 9/13/13, 11:33 AM

Yes definitely random. I ordered my gt premium on 8/19 had a Vin on 8/27 and car was built on 9/10, now awaiting shipment. Estimated delivery was originally 9/23 now 10/1. I live in west coat so I thought it would be a longer wait but hey... I'm not complaining. ...

Last edited by STANGIT-NV; 9/13/13 at 11:34 AM.
Old 9/13/13, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by STANGIT-NV
Yes definitely random. I ordered my gt premium on 8/19 had a Vin on 8/27 and car was built on 9/10, now awaiting shipment. Estimated delivery was originally 9/23 now 10/1. I live in west coat so I thought it would be a longer wait but hey... I'm not complaining. ...
Oh wow! Where and how do you find out your VIN?
Old 9/13/13, 12:09 PM

Mine was ordered with confirmation from dealer on 7/25. I picked mine up today... I also live in Alaska. Pretty quick build and delivery I think. It is a GT Premium/Track Pack.
Old 9/13/13, 12:18 PM

Oh wow! Where and how do you find out your VIN?
I contacted Deysha as soon as I ordered it and she tracked it and gave me updates. Also got my Window sticker 9/1. I would be stressing without her. I need to sell my current Mustang for down payment, but don't want to too soon... everything has been from her no news from dealer... I would be way off track if I relied on them!

Last edited by STANGIT-NV; 9/13/13 at 12:20 PM.
Old 9/13/13, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by STANGIT-NV
I contacted Deysha as soon as I ordered it and she tracked it and gave me updates. Also got my Window sticker 9/1. I would be stressing without her. I need to sell my current Mustang for down payment, but don't want to too soon... everything has been from her no news from dealer... I would be way off track if I relied on them!
Awesome thank you so much for the info! Enjoy the new stang! Looks like its gonna be sick!
Old 9/13/13, 04:50 PM

I didn't get to pick my car up, they pushed my ETA back to 9/28.
Old 9/13/13, 06:04 PM

I got my mustang on 9/11
Earlier than expected was supposedly eta of 9/22
The build was 9/3 so that equals 8 days from build to dealer
Whole process was 62 days
I've driven it 100 miles already I can honestly say having
One of theses makes basic mundane driving so much
Fun . Already gotten tons of looks and peeps asking about the
car. Where is live its the only one around new.
Haven't figured out how to post photos from my
Phone in here yet?
How do you post pics from your iPhone ?

I will say that the wait is painful but so worth it
My car had 11 miles on it. My dealer had it in the middle
Of the showroom and I got to drive it out
Which was something I thought I'd never do.
Old 9/13/13, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Yup. It's a mystery. Hey! I've also ordered a RR 2014 v6. What else is in your build?

Mine is:
Automatic v6 Premium, Ruby Red, Pony Package, Glass Roof, Saddle leather seats, with a rear view camera.
I have a manual, MCA edition, rear view, sensors and security, comfort package. Can't waitI
Old 9/13/13, 08:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DrNebel
I got my mustang on 9/11
Earlier than expected was supposedly eta of 9/22
The build was 9/3 so that equals 8 days from build to dealer
Whole process was 62 days
I've driven it 100 miles already I can honestly say having
One of theses makes basic mundane driving so much
Fun . Already gotten tons of looks and peeps asking about the
car. Where is live its the only one around new.
Haven't figured out how to post photos from my
Phone in here yet?
How do you post pics from your iPhone ?

I will say that the wait is painful but so worth it
My car had 11 miles on it. My dealer had it in the middle
Of the showroom and I got to drive it out
Which was something I thought I'd never do.
Great story!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread