2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/14, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
My son Liam, 4.5mo just last night. His first ride. I highly doubt I'm going to have this car by the time he gets older, but I have all the packaging and stuff too. I didn't keep all the tape from the interior, but kept some of it. Kept the dealer paper floormats, the window sticker (which the dealer didn't even peel the backing off of, thankfully) all the documentation and even kept the free oil change coupon which I'll never use because the dealer is 900mi away LOL.

And yeah, he's in a Recaro. He got Recaros before his daddy! But I have my own set finally
Dude that is ace. How do you find getting the car seat in? Is it is a PITA?

Going to see if a stoller fits in the Mustang tonight. We have a baby on the way. .
Old 7/15/14, 09:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob554234
Dude that is ace. How do you find getting the car seat in? Is it is a PITA? Going to see if a stoller fits in the Mustang tonight. We have a baby on the way. .
Haha thanks. I leave the seat in, but getting him isn't too bad. It's a pain, yes, but worth having him ride in the car with us. Just need to take our time and be careful when putting him in, which isn't an issue since we always park far away anyways.
Old 7/15/14, 09:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Also since the Recaro stays in the car, we typically bring our other Chicco carrier with us, and the matching stroller - so easy, the carrier just snaps into it and releases with one handle. Once he's a little bigger, we'll just use the Recaro and our other stroller - the Chicco stuff was cheap but decent quality. It's just meant more for an infant though and he's only a few months away from not needing the carrier. The stroller and carrier fit in the trunk just fine! Still room for stuff on either side, and the whole other side of the back seat so we're good!
Old 7/15/14, 09:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Turbo302
Here's a few right as we were picking it up!

Congrats! love the color

Also since the Recaro stays in the car, we typically bring our other Chicco carrier with us, and the matching stroller - so easy, the carrier just snaps into it and releases with one handle. Once he's a little bigger, we'll just use the Recaro and our other stroller - the Chicco stuff was cheap but decent quality. It's just meant more for an infant though and he's only a few months away from not needing the carrier. The stroller and carrier fit in the trunk just fine! Still room for stuff on either side, and the whole other side of the back seat so we're good!
I have a booster seat in the back for mine and it in itself is a pain! it doesn't level out evenly in the back so i had to put a wrapped up town tightly under one side to level out and secure that booster seat in the back!

I can only imagine the challenges involved with a full out child seat in the back. I would still do it though in order to own a mustang
Old 7/15/14, 10:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Congrats! love the color I have a booster seat in the back for mine and it in itself is a pain! it doesn't level out evenly in the back so i had to put a wrapped up town tightly under one side to level out and secure that booster seat in the back! I can only imagine the challenges involved with a full out child seat in the back. I would still do it though in order to own a mustang
Haha yeah I have the folder towel under as well. It's more of a pain when it's hot and were both sweating back there contorting to get him in. But like you said, I'd rather do that than drive something else
Old 7/15/14, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! Love the white with the glass roof, which is one of my favorite options!
Old 7/17/14, 10:19 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
My son Liam, 4.5mo just last night. His first ride. I highly doubt I'm going to have this car by the time he gets older, but I have all the packaging and stuff too. I didn't keep all the tape from the interior, but kept some of it. Kept the dealer paper floormats, the window sticker (which the dealer didn't even peel the backing off of, thankfully) all the documentation and even kept the free oil change coupon which I'll never use because the dealer is 900mi away LOL.

And yeah, he's in a Recaro. He got Recaros before his daddy! But I have my own set finally
OMG!!! He is adorable, laserred38!!

Congrats, Turbo302! It looks great, but not as beautiful at your little girl!! I have nothing but boys, so little chicas make my heart melt.

Deysha
Old 7/17/14, 05:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FordService
OMG!!! He is adorable, laserred38!! Congrats, Turbo302! It looks great, but not as beautiful at your little girl!! I have nothing but boys, so little chicas make my heart melt. Deysha
Heh thanks Deysha! Here's his first car!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-1890103306.jpg  
Old 7/17/14, 08:07 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

Looks like a Fusion grille to me.

Tom
Old 7/17/14, 11:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Looks like a Fusion grille to me.

Tom

It's clearly the Fisher Price corporate design language. I liked last year's toy line better.
Old 7/18/14, 12:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Looks like a Fusion grille to me. Tom
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
It's clearly the Fisher Price corporate design language. I liked last year's toy line better.
Lol oh lord you guys!
Old 7/18/14, 06:35 AM

Haha! He’s so cute! Make sure all his cars are one seaters as he gets older. Lol!

Deysha
Old 7/18/14, 11:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Lol oh lord you guys!
I heard a rumor that next year they are going to introduce a glass roof option.LOL
Old 7/18/14, 11:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mustangfan410
I heard a rumor that next year they are going to introduce a glass roof option.LOL
lol you bite your tongue! It's cool, I want my next one to have snakes on the fenders anyways. This one will do for now
Old 7/18/14, 11:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Haha! He’s so cute! Make sure all his cars are one seaters as he gets older. Lol! Deysha
Hahaha race cars only!
Old 7/18/14, 11:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Deysha makes sure @Ford likes my pics huh? Haahaha

OMG my life is complete! Hahaha
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-3809459254.jpg  
Old 7/18/14, 01:24 PM

Deysha makes sure @Ford likes my pics huh? Haahaha

OMG my life is complete! Hahaha
Yeeeeeessss!!!!

Deysha
Old 7/18/14, 01:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeeeeeessss!!!! Deysha
Hahahaha!! Thank you!!
Old 7/18/14, 01:52 PM

Hahahaha!! Thank you!!
You're very welcome!

Deysha
Old 7/23/14, 07:39 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey All,

Do any of you northern climate Mustangs have the optional "Engine Block Heater" and can see if your lower grille has a section snipped/sawed off where the cord passes through.

I looked closely at mine and someone at the plant must have thought it would look nice with a section of the "honeycomb" missing.

Really can't believe this would be normal or acceptable. If it is I am surprised that Ford would allow that.

I was going to tuck the cord back behind the grille for summer use, but it has a section hacked away and looks like a**.

It would take a little extra labor to do nicely, but I'm sure its simpler to just hacksaw a section out of the grille. Really can't believe this is how Ford thinks it should be done. Why didn't engineering come up with a different cord or a solution besides hacksaw off a section of the grill?

I'm waiting on what Ford says. Hopefully they can UPS me a not cut up lower grille, or at least sell me one at Ford cost.

I don't want to be at car shows and have to explain why there is one chunk missing out of the grille that is how Ford does it to northern climate cars...grrrrr

PM'd Deysha, hopefully she has some insite for me. I have a feeling I will be purchasing a good one and replacing myself on a car that only has 34 miles on it since I fear going to any body shop with a brand new car and leaving with it worse off (happened to me on a 2008 Malibu that went in for warranty "touch up" and they call me after they decided to paint half the car.).

In any case, Deysha and my sales experience at Autonation (Tousley) Ford White Bear Lake MN have been way better than expected. I am just a little disappointed in the attention to detail at the assembly plant/quality control/engineering dept. There were a few other "build quality issues" I already addressed myself and have accepted as Ford build quality on an outgoing model. Hope Ford is listening, and will better their ways in the future. From Job 1 to Job Last, build quality should be near perfect! I won't hold my breath, but would be nice if they take care of me on this and a new grill shows up at my door, especially for a 8x repeat Mustang owner that just purchased a $44k Mustang. Maybe I'm being picky, but this is a decently expensive car that I would hope be built with care, pride and quality control :-)

This is my car and is now part of the family and will be passed on down to my little girl. We special ordered it, I will fix/perfect it to my liking, and will be with us for decades into the future!

Here she is making sure Dad ordered the Brembo Brakes for her... ;-)

Name:  imagejpg1-5.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  83.7 KB

Last edited by Turbo302; 7/24/14 at 12:36 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread