Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/14, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Went and creeped the dealer lot tonight after my ultimate game. Gorgeous SGM/Auto/Brembo on the lot, but mine was not there yet. Probably be a couple days, but I'm officially in stalker mode.

hahahaha, you too? I also drive past the dealership on my way home from work and i took a nice SLOW drive as well. my only fear is that I would have seen my car with dealer plates on it. i would be worried that they would let other potential customers take it for a quick spin to see if they like it. I know that when i went in, they didn't have any manual transmissions at all in stock. I would be seriously disappointed. and i KNOW this happens because, I test drove another customers car when I test drove the Camaro (before i decided to order the mustang)
Old 6/12/14, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you don't mind, how did you find these?

In the future, I'd like to find a quick source to vehicles with the exact features that I'm looking for in the event my local dealer doesn't have it in stock. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Turbo302
I think there could be GT/CS built all the way to the end of production. Here is just a couple 2014 GT/CS Auto that have builds of 5/21.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...5320300&ref=VL

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...5319668&ref=VL
Old 6/12/14, 12:24 AM

I did the same thing waiting for my car and checking it when in service and detail, I'm a stalker too!

U
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
hahahaha, you too? I also drive past the dealership on my way home from work and i took a nice SLOW drive as well. my only fear is that I would have seen my car with dealer plates on it. i would be worried that they would let other potential customers take it for a quick spin to see if they like it. I know that when i went in, they didn't have any manual transmissions at all in stock. I would be seriously disappointed. and i KNOW this happens because, I test drove another customers car when I test drove the Camaro (before i decided to order the mustang)
Old 6/12/14, 09:12 AM
Cobra Member

Just spoke with my sales guy AND, I'm picking up the car tomorrow morning FIRST thing!

with that said, if its ready tomorrow morning first thing, there's no reason why I wouldn't be able to pick it up any time tonight, right?

I told my sales guy that I want to stop by tonight to finish up with any paperwork with the finance guy so that tomorrow, i just need to sign a couple of things and do the inspection and be on my way to work sooner rather than later!!!

pictures are coming soon!
Old 6/12/14, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just spoke with my sales guy AND, I'm picking up the car tomorrow morning FIRST thing!

with that said, if its ready tomorrow morning first thing, there's no reason why I wouldn't be able to pick it up any time tonight, right?

I told my sales guy that I want to stop by tonight to finish up with any paperwork with the finance guy so that tomorrow, i just need to sign a couple of things and do the inspection and be on my way to work sooner rather than later!!!

Congrats man! Enjoy it!
Old 6/12/14, 10:28 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats man! Enjoy it!
Thanks! I also found out that the reason why I can't get the car tonight is because my sales guy will be gone by the time the car is cleaned up and ready. So, I have to wait tomorrow!

what's another few mesley hours, right?

I will at least get in there tonight and take care of the paperwork so that there is less to do in the AM!
Old 6/12/14, 10:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just got a PM from The Angel Deysha advising me that my car would be arriving today!

Just emailed my dealer asking if I could get the paperwork done a couple days early so delivery is a plate-and-go affair.
Old 6/12/14, 10:40 AM
Cobra Member

Nice! be sure to take A LOT of pictures before you mod it and after make audio files of the exhaust before and after as well!

You did show quite a while ago that you did buy new axle backs right?
Old 6/12/14, 10:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nice! be sure to take A LOT of pictures before you mod it and after make audio files of the exhaust before and after as well!

You did show quite a while ago that you did buy new axle backs right?
GT500's and Boss sides. I've also got quite a bit of appearance stuff but that's going to be a slower, one job per weekend process....or so I say now. I imagine my basement will be emptied after the first rainy Saturday.
Old 6/12/14, 10:50 AM
Cobra Member

GT500's and Boss sides. I've also got quite a bit of appearance stuff but that's going to be a slower, one job per weekend process....or so I say now. I imagine my basement will be emptied after the first rainy Saturday.
LoL, I can believe that last statement of yours. I can already see it. I'm going to pick up the car first thing tomorrow morning. I should just take the car off, I KNOW i will spend the rest of the day showing off my new ride and playing around with it.

My Hyundai sales guy (Patrick) keeps emailing me asking me to bring it by as well hahahahaha.

My family will know where to find me if they need me this weekend. I know I'm going to be sitting in it, playing with that car all weekend long.
Old 6/12/14, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

If I get it by the weekend or on Saturday I'll be out driving. I think I can get those break in miles knocked out before Monday.
Old 6/12/14, 10:55 AM
Cobra Member

Hahahaha, amen to that! On Sunday, I'm heading out to my inlaws which is a good hour of highway driving (one way) out in the country. it will be perfect to take it there to help with the inital 1k of "good" driving. keep me posted and let me know how it works out for you! I'm sure that I'll get 1k in less than a week.
Old 6/12/14, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm going with a more old school break in method. Moderately hard acceleration to about 1000 rpm from redline, then engine brake back down. Repeat a few times, then drive like you plan to drive it the rest of its life.
Old 6/12/14, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SGM SCOTT
if you don't mind, how did you find these?

In the future, I'd like to find a quick source to vehicles with the exact features that I'm looking for in the event my local dealer doesn't have it in stock. Thanks!

I just went on ford.com and search inventory of the major markets (change zip). Then finding a GT/CS is pretty easy as they are all considered GT Premium, and narrow search from there. Then just look for the GT/CS front end and check out window sticker. You will see the blend date on top of sticker.
Old 6/12/14, 11:48 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going with a more old school break in method. Moderately hard acceleration to about 1000 rpm from redline, then engine brake back down. Repeat a few times, then drive like you plan to drive it the rest of its life.

This is the method I will do also. I worked at a very reputable Corvette builder for many years out of college, and we would get an engine built, strap it to the dyno for a nice warmup, check for any leaks odd things etc., then make sure oil temps were good and warm and run her to redline under load and engine brake back down a good dozen times.

All broken in then and would get put into car ready to race.
Old 6/12/14, 03:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm In Transit!!
Old 6/12/14, 03:32 PM
Cobra Member

Nice! Post pics bud!
Old 6/12/14, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

My car still wasn't there as of 6:15 today when I did another lot-creep (dealer was closed), but I'm going in tomorrow on my lunch break to do the paperwork. And I dunno about other places, but out here the delivery trucks are running 24/7 so it's entirely possible it could show up in the middle of the night. I did notice that another SGM GT still in delivery wrap that wasn't there yesterday, and was on the same rail car as mine.
Old 6/12/14, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

My car still wasn't there as of 6:15 today when I did another lot-creep (dealer was closed), but I'm going in tomorrow on my lunch break to do the paperwork. And I dunno about other places, but out here the delivery trucks are running 24/7 so it's entirely possible it could show up in the middle of the night. I did notice that another SGM GT still in delivery wrap that wasn't there yesterday, and was on the same rail car as mine.
Haha nice, you're getting really close, trust me. Keep yourself composed when you walk up to it for the first time. I got all gitty today like a little school girl hahahaj
Old 6/12/14, 08:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Haha nice, you're getting really close, trust me. Keep yourself composed when you walk up to it for the first time. I got all gitty today like a little school girl hahahaj
Not possible. Now I need to go back to deciding which shirt to wear for delivery.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread