2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/14, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancemb
I see you are in Michigan, so you are even closer! Therefore you may be taunted in the same way I am. Also, I am sure your delivery date will move up. Apparently the default time estimate on the back end of the timeline is the highest, and when they actually schedule the truck they hack it down depending on when they expect it to ship.
Yea, my dealership is only about 50 miles away from Flat Rock. Maybe we should get together and do a commando raid of the plant and get our cars!

Seriously, though, I know that they test the cars after they leave the line. Obviously, there are going to be some cars that don't pass and need to have components replaced. They probably bake this possibility into the delivery lead time as well.

Originally Posted by Slizzime
Hang in there, it will be here before you know it! Once you see it all the waiting will be forgotten !!
I know, you're right. It's already been more than a month, and that's been pretty quick. Good thing I have plenty of other things to keep me busy!

Originally Posted by SeaFoam
So this is a bit off topic, but regarding the $750 cash... I was concerned when I ordered that the car wouldn't be here in time, they assured me it'd be 4-6 weeks (obviously not) - well now that $750 has expired, but they said that my deal was 'locked in' as soon as I ordered.

Where does that leave me with the $750? I signed up again, so hopefully i'll get another.
When I learned of the shutdown, I emailed my salesman asking him about the coupon and my trade-in value. I told him that his answer would determine whether or not I proceeded with the order. He told me that the coupon would be locked in with the other rebates. Have you asked your salesman about this? Just to be extra safe, though, I did what you did and requested a couple more brochures in my wife's and daughter's names, and they both also came with $750 coupons with expiration dates one week later than mine.
Old 4/24/14, 05:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tuesday was my one-month order-versary. The tracking site hasn't budged since then but the ETA hasn't changed and Deysha said around the 30th my window sticker should show up, so I'm keeping the faith.

It's hard though, the weather just this past week finally started to look like spring. The boatloads of snow we had up here seemingly disappeared overnight. I'll occupy my time by making up for my lax attitude picking up after my dogs in the back yard this winter...and that'll take a while.
Old 4/24/14, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
In my never ending quest for more Mustang info here's a video about the factory.

Megafactories: Ford Mustang - YouTube
That is a good video, great watching the cars being built!
Old 4/24/14, 09:57 PM
Bullitt Member

So this is a bit off topic, but regarding the $750 cash... I was concerned when I ordered that the car wouldn't be here in time, they assured me it'd be 4-6 weeks (obviously not) - well now that $750 has expired, but they said that my deal was 'locked in' as soon as I ordered.

Where does that leave me with the $750? I signed up again, so hopefully i'll get another.
My dealer told me he could lock rebates but not the coupon. I have heard others say the dealer locked everything. I think it varies from dealer to dealer. Ask your guy, but you have the right idea with ordering more just in case.
Old 4/25/14, 09:12 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Slizzime
My dealer told me he could lock rebates but not the coupon. I have heard others say the dealer locked everything. I think it varies from dealer to dealer. Ask your guy, but you have the right idea with ordering more just in case.
My salesman told me let him know if it got close and they would somehow make it work. well now mine expires on May 3. the car arrival is estimated from april 28-May 5. I called and spoke to the guy who does the ordering and is now keeping me up to date on his end. I mentioned the coupon the other day to him, saying the salesman was supposed to talk to him about it. he said if it does come in on the 5th, they will just back date the paperwork for me to use on their end, so he said mine would be safe since its on the train now. As of me calling tuesday, he said it was updated on monday for him, and was at a checkpoint in Indiana on Royal Canadian Railways. I looked them up and they dont come out to AZ, so i am assuming another company is taking it over from there. I am supposed to call him tomorrow for more updates to so if it is close. Deysha, do you know where it is today??
Old 4/25/14, 09:21 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by lancemb
I really, really wish I could have either A) picked it up from the factory or B) paid extra for expedited shipping. This nonsense of sitting in a parking lot for over a week is making me absolutely lose my mind!!! If it doesn't get here this week it may drive me to drink.
Yours was put out to await shipment on Tuesday, lancemb. It should ship out within the next week.

Originally Posted by kalvin28
Long time lurker and finally bit the bullet. And now I play the waiting game.
Welcome and congrats on your new order, kalvin28! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order status.

If they “locked in” your incentives, they will be applied at the time of sale, SeaFoam. However, not all incentives are able to be protected. You can verify eligibility with your selling dealer as all offers are subject to change.

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
My salesman told me let him know if it got close and they would somehow make it work. well now mine expires on May 3. the car arrival is estimated from april 28-May 5. ... Deysha, do you know where it is today??
I sure do, disneyfun1!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 4/25/14 at 09:24 AM.
Old 4/25/14, 09:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Yours was put out to await shipment on Tuesday, lancemb. It should ship out within the next week.

Welcome and congrats on your new order, kalvin28! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order status.

If they “locked in” your incentives, they will be applied at the time of sale, SeaFoam. However, not all incentives are able to be protected. You can verify eligibility with your selling dealer as all offers are subject to change.

I sure do, disneyfun1!

Deysha

Can you tell me??!!....Please!!!!!
Old 4/25/14, 10:59 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
While I wait I started thinking . . .

So I am selling my 2000 GT and and I've been kind of lax about where I've been parking it lately. I'm one of those guys that will go to the mall and park 100 yards away in the last spot to keep people from dinging it. Today I notice that my driver's side door handle is chipped from being hit.

My friend told me I should see if Ford has a Therapy package included with the extended warranty I want to buy.

Doing my my daily check http://www.cotusb.ford.com/ (in between Deysha updates) and it seems to be coming up with no info for me now. Anybody else notice a problem?

Never mind it's back.

Last edited by VidPro; 4/25/14 at 12:16 PM.
Old 4/25/14, 12:17 PM
V6 Member

My order does not show up today either on the tracking site.
Old 4/25/14, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Way2QWK
My order does not show up today either on the tracking site.
Mine's been on and off for the past week and a half, I think it's a website issue. Wouldn't worry about it.
Old 4/25/14, 11:14 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just placed an order for an Oxford White GT Premium, Glass Roof, Brembo,A6, car! I read these were the last few days to order, so i bit the bullet!!

First new car I have ever purchased. I have owned numerous Mustangs over the years and currently have 3 Foxbody 5.0's. This car will most likely be one I will keep forever right along side my Strawberry 90' GT and Bimini Blue 92' LX Notch 5.0.

Was thinking of a 2015, but something about it doesn't feel as right as the retro styled S197 cars.

I will PM Deysha my info and join the wait club!

Last edited by Turbo302; 4/27/14 at 08:23 AM.
Old 4/26/14, 03:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

How do you know when your car has actually shipped?

The tracking site is all over the place with my car. It has been in awaiting shipment status for about 4 days and each day the lead times keep changing when I check the tracking site.

I also noticed that for all cars the in transit date and delivered date are always the same once delivery is made. That said the in transit status isn't all that helpful.

I need talked off the ledge. :-)
Old 4/26/14, 06:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
The tracking site is all over the place with my car. It has been in awaiting shipment status for about 4 days and each day the lead times keep changing when I check the tracking site.

I also noticed that for all cars the in transit date and delivered date are always the same once delivery is made. That said the in transit status isn't all that helpful.

It doesn't seem too unusual for a car to await shipment for a week or even two, but once the car is actually built, seems that's the time to trust Deysha's info as it seems bang on everytime, while the tracking site just drives people up the wall.

Hang in there buddy, it won't be long now!
Old 4/26/14, 06:17 AM
Legacy Tms Member

My dealer called me yesterday. That just sounds wrong.

My car dealer called me yesterday. Pretty much confirmed what I was told by Deysha. My car has a build date of the week of the 12th. Can't wait to see that on the tracking site.
Old 4/26/14, 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

My dealer called me yesterday. That just sounds wrong.

My car dealer called me yesterday. Pretty much confirmed what I was told by Deysha. My car has a build date of the week of the 12th. Can't wait to see that on the tracking site.

Is your window sticker up yet? The two normally show up around the same time.
Old 4/26/14, 06:36 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Not yet. I think Deysha said around the 7th it should be up.
Old 4/26/14, 07:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not yet. I think Deysha said around the 7th it should be up.
Yeah she told me around April 30th I should see mine....holy **** that's this week!
Old 4/26/14, 10:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Turbo302
Just placed an order for an Oxford White GT Premium, Glass Roof, Brembo,A6, car! I read these were the last few days to order, so i bit the bullitt!

First new car I have ever purchased. I have owned numerous Mustangs over the years and currently have 3 Foxbody 5.0's. This car will most likely be one I will keep forever right along side my Strawberry 90' GT and Bimini Blue 92' LX Notch 5.0.

Was thinking of a 2015, but something about it doesn't feel as right as the retro styled S197 cars.

I will PM Deysha my info and join the wait club!
Congratulations and welcome! It will be here before you know it!
Old 4/26/14, 10:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT

Listen to what Deysha tells you, she is more accurate that that tracking site. And don't worry it will be here before you know it! It will be worth the wait!
Old 4/26/14, 10:10 AM
V6 Member

lakeguy77,

Deysha said my window sticker may be up on the 30th also. Looks like we have similar wait times, maybe even the cars being built on the same day. Hopefully not on a monday or friday though! LOL. We both ordered Black too

Last edited by Way2QWK; 4/26/14 at 10:12 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread