Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/12, 09:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ixamnis
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the world of Mustangs and, of course, new to this forum. I placed an order for my first Mustang last Thursday, April 26. I ordered a V6 Premium Convertible with the "Mustang Club of America Edition" Package (Group 203A), Automatic Trans in Candy Red. I say that realizing that quite a few folks on here seem to no think that highly of either the V6 or the Automatic Transmission options.

Before ordering, I test drove both the Mustang and the Camaro, both with V6, both with the automatic. I had read and heard about the dollars and effort that GM put into making the Camaro "better" than the Mustang, knowing that would be their primary competition. The Camaro has more horsepower, but more weight, four-wheel independent suspension, etc. When I took the Camaro for a test drive, I expected to be "blown away" by it. I just wasn't. The car felt "heavy". The throttle wasn't as responsive as I expected, the seat wasn't comfortable, the dash layout wasn't easy to use, the arm rests were too low. I did like the "heads-up" display for the speedometer; that was cool. I also like the exterior styling, though not necessarily better than the Mustang's.

A few days later I test drove the Mustang. The 'Stang fit like a glove. The seat, the armrests, the dash layout, the steering wheel - everything felt like it was made for me. In addition, the throttle seemed much more responsive, especially off the line and at lower speeds than the Camaro. I will say that both cars seemed very quiet for convertibles. (I currently own an '02 Chrysler Sebring Convert. and it is NOISY.)

I was not given an expected delivery date, though my dealer said they expected six to eight weeks. Is that about what everyone else is experiencing? How soon after I order could I get an actual expected date from the dealer?

Thank you, in advance, for your replies.
Great first post!

6-8 weeks is standard dealer-speak. I was told that last year when I ordered a GT and I cancelled my order when it hit week 16.

I was also told 6-8 weeks this time around. That has also come-and-gone. Your best bet is to get your DORA, then PM Deysha here on TMS. By reading these posts and communicating with Deysha, you'll likely be better informed than your dealer!
Old 5/2/12, 12:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
It's here.

It's hard to believe, but it made it in six weeks. A great big old thanks you to Deysha for all the help. And not to forget our good buddy Jeff (05fordgt) for the free consultation, and help with prices.

Name:  13Mustang007.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  203.8 KB

Last edited by wanted33; 5/3/12 at 02:06 PM.
Old 5/2/12, 01:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
It's hard to believe, but it made it in six weeks. A great big old thanks you to Deysha for all the help.
Woot! Congrats!
Old 5/2/12, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats!! Very nice color!!
Old 5/2/12, 01:19 PM

Woohoo! My car is officially awaiting shipment and due to ship out these next couple days, Im hoping she will be here by Saturday. Thanks for the update Deysha! Pictures for all when she arrives.
Old 5/2/12, 01:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by rudeboie
Woohoo! My car is officially awaiting shipment and due to ship out these next couple days, Im hoping she will be here by Saturday. Thanks for the update Deysha! Pictures for all when she arrives.
Thanks guys, she's a happy Woman. And you know what that means.

Fingers crossed rudeboie. Hope your riding by Sunday.

Last edited by wanted33; 5/2/12 at 01:43 PM.
Old 5/2/12, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cweese
Just got an update from Deysha. My ETA was moved up over a week again. That will put me over 8 weeks. How do some who ordered a week before me already have had theirs for a week now? I know ETAs change but it still sucks to keep getting delays. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

What is your dealer's priority number? If they have a low number, it puts you behind dealers with a higher number.
Old 5/2/12, 06:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Cobrakev
What is your dealer's priority number? If they have a low number, it puts you behind dealers with a higher number.
You are correct sir. My priority number was 10. My guess the higher the number the longer the wait.
Old 5/2/12, 07:05 PM

Just got a peak at my mustang today at the dealer...awesome! I'll be picking it up on Friday. Big thanks to Deysha!
Old 5/2/12, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

very nice I'm still patiently waiting.
Old 5/2/12, 09:17 PM
V6 Member

I'm not sure what the dealer's priority number is.

The priority on the order receipt they gave me is 10, which I understand to be a very good number.

It is supposed to be built tomorrow and won't be arrive for around three weeks. Is that standard shipping time? It seems a little long since I only live about 5 hours away.
Old 5/2/12, 10:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Picked up my Boss this afternoon. #184 GHIG. I would like to take the time to Thank a few people on this board. 1st Deysha, THANK you so very much for all that you do here for us. I really wish there was someway we could give back to you for a change. There would be more bald people here if it hadnt been for your updates. Also, big thanks to Jeff(05FordGt) for taking time to talk to some of us at times and answering questions as well as 5 oh Brian. Thanks!

Old 5/3/12, 05:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Picked up my Boss this afternoon. #184 GHIG. I would like to take the time to Thank a few people on this board. 1st Deysha, THANK you so very much for all that you do here for us. I really wish there was someway we could give back to you for a change. There would be more bald people here if it hadnt been for your updates. Also, big thanks to Jeff(05FordGt) for taking time to talk to some of us at times and answering questions as well as 5 oh Brian. Thanks!

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
Old 5/3/12, 06:10 AM
GT Member

[QUOTE=1992chpb4c;6336019]Picked up my Boss this afternoon. #184 GHIG.

Looks fantastic! Congrats on it finally arriving and to this weekend of fun!
Old 5/3/12, 06:14 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cweese
It is supposed to be built tomorrow and won't be arrive for around three weeks. Is that standard shipping time? It seems a little long since I only live about 5 hours away.
Mine took about 2 weeks from build to delivery and I only live about 35 minutes away.
Old 5/3/12, 06:15 AM
GT Member

Looks awesome. Congrats.
Old 5/3/12, 06:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JMac

Mine took about 2 weeks from build to delivery and I only live about 35 minutes away.
I guess that's not too unusual then. I would imagine you could easily add a week for my delivery. I'm sure they logistically plan to take several cars in the area at the same time.
Old 5/3/12, 07:26 AM
V6 Member

The last ETA I had was May 1 and the dealer called on April 23 that it had been delivered so you may get a pleasant surprise too! I hope so! I wanted to let ya'll know that I am LOVING the V6! The weather has improved and I finally had a chance to enjoy some topless driving and IT ROCKS!! I am very happy with the color. It looked SO SWEET last eveing at dusk! Driving her is quite the change from my Focus SES Wagon! It will be so hard to park her next fall when the weather turns.

Deysha,
I also wanted to make sure you know how much your updates and information help make the wait much more bearable and how appreciated you are here on TMS! Thanks again! I know you listen to a LOT of whining!

Dawn
Old 5/3/12, 07:31 AM

Congrats!!
Mine has yet to be built. Deysha said maybe in 2 weeks. We shall see. Maybe one day we can get the two of them together and get some photos. 2 GHIG should make for a lot of green.
DO you ever go to the pavilions on Saturday nights? Once in a while I'll take my Challenger down there.
Old 5/3/12, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by B5Bobby
Congrats!!
Mine has yet to be built. Deysha said maybe in 2 weeks. We shall see. Maybe one day we can get the two of them together and get some photos. 2 GHIG should make for a lot of green.
DO you ever go to the pavilions on Saturday nights? Once in a while I'll take my Challenger down there.
Yep, I go there alot. 5 Bosses hit the lots yesterday. Supposedly a GHIG at either Camelback or Peoria Ford or both. I will see you there!!

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread