Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/12, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mulligan
Deysha,

Can you possibly find out what the delay on my car from shipping is?

It was built on 08/01/12 and had an original ETA of 08/11/12. There has been no update in the system since it was built on 08/01.

The car only has to travel about 30 miles to my dealer.

My patience is running thin!

Thanks
My frustration is building and I am considering telling Ford to keep this car and go spend my 70k elsewhere.

I've read messages on this board as well as others where people have received their cars that were built well after mine. These cars had to ship across the country and mine has to travel all of about 30 miles from the plant.

All Ford can tell me is that it was produced on 08/01/12 and it has an ETA to my dealer of 08/11/12.

I've made numerous inquiries to my dealer and to Ford customer service and still have not received a credible answer other than to be patient.

Customer service recommended having my dealer reach out to the regional rep for assistance. The regional rep told my dealer (on 08/29) that the car would be released on Friday, August 31st and would be to my dealer no later than Tuesday, September 4th.

Guess what - it is now September 8th and the car still has not been delivered nor has the status been updated in the computer - it still shows an ETA of 08/11/12.

This all has me wondering if there hasn't been a post production problem with it and it is off being repaired somewhere. Is it possible it was damaged between the time it was built and before it was shipped and now it is off being repaired and repainted???

The lack of answers from Ford is troubling and quite honestly, inexcusable.
Old 9/8/12, 05:40 AM

i live in ct and order my car in new york state and the dealer had received my car on a saturday and never called me the only way i knew it was there was a PM from deysha .so the dealer had the car for 3 day when i showed up they had no answer for why they did not call and put 30 miles on car. so i said i would be in back at noon tomorrow get my car they said there will be 10 more miles on car to get it detailed and fueled up. that that point i just want to get my car out of there, so when i got there the next day no more miles where put on car and no full tank of gas! i guess after i showed them the message from deysha they thought twice about putting more miles on my ordered car. i love the car its great! do not like the way things went do at the dealer when my car came in it was BS!
Old 9/8/12, 08:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jshanty
i live in ct and order my car in new york state and the dealer had received my car on a saturday and never called me the only way i knew it was there was a PM from deysha .so the dealer had the car for 3 day when i showed up they had no answer for why they did not call and put 30 miles on car. so i said i would be in back at noon tomorrow get my car they said there will be 10 more miles on car to get it detailed and fueled up. that that point i just want to get my car out of there, so when i got there the next day no more miles where put on car and no full tank of gas! i guess after i showed them the message from deysha they thought twice about putting more miles on my ordered car. i love the car its great! do not like the way things went do at the dealer when my car came in it was BS!
there seems to be MANY more stories of people being jerked around,lied to and cheated by the vermin scumsucking dealers .than happy purchases . Will this never end ? I hold Ford responsible for this also . These criminals are the only contact for buyers . It shouldnt be a stressful ,horrible experience when making a major expenditure . Dealers profit greatly and provide littlle if any actual service for most sales . I for one would be willing to drive a bit and pick a car up from the manufacturer . I hate liars !

Last edited by rider; 9/8/12 at 08:23 AM.
Old 9/8/12, 11:12 AM
Banned

Oh god I could not do that, my salesman seems to be on top of things and e-mailed me right away when he got the VIN, the with that Deysha has been giving me all the info when it'll be made and the ETA to the dealer. My salesmans estimate was right on the money too when he told me early october just like Deysha confirmed! He said when the car is on the train/truck that he will be emailing me daily updates to where the car is so I guess I shouldn't worry myself. But yeah you go get the car out of there ASAP !
Old 9/8/12, 11:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rider
there seems to be MANY more stories of people being jerked around,lied to and cheated by the vermin scumsucking dealers .than happy purchases . Will this never end ? I hold Ford responsible for this also . These criminals are the only contact for buyers . It shouldnt be a stressful ,horrible experience when making a major expenditure . Dealers profit greatly and provide littlle if any actual service for most sales . I for one would be willing to drive a bit and pick a car up from the manufacturer . I hate liars !
I would GLADLY pay an extra $500 for "museum delivery" similar to what Chevrolet offers with the Corvette! To me, $500 to not have to deal with lousy Ford stealerships would be money well spent.
Old 9/8/12, 03:47 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
I never had any problems with my dealership so far! They have been spot on with Deysha's records! But I WOULD be PO'd if that was my car getting driven! Also remember no **** decals or the dealership is paying ME for their publicity!
Old 9/8/12, 10:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered on 8/9, and haven't even received my VIN yet!
Old 9/9/12, 03:48 AM
GT Member

Out of some miracle, car was delivered Friday night. Picked it up this Saturday. Here's some pics.

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-2242773165.jpg

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-1250408487.jpg

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-769024463.jpg

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-759467170.jpg

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-2220704579.jpg

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-318532426.jpg

Thanks to Deysha and Jeff 05fordgt, for their help, and lending an ear. You two really rock!

Take Care!

Mike D.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-image-1386008780.jpg  

Last edited by MikeD73USA; 9/9/12 at 03:54 AM.
Old 9/9/12, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
I would GLADLY pay an extra $500 for "museum delivery" similar to what Chevrolet offers with the Corvette! To me, $500 to not have to deal with lousy Ford stealerships would be money well spent.
i agree all the bs i had to deal with wrecked the whole ordering experience! i would pay 500.00 more in a second!
Old 9/9/12, 09:41 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
i agree all the bs i had to deal with wrecked the whole ordering experience! i would pay 500.00 more in a second!
Old 9/9/12, 07:28 PM

A few more of my new girl before she goes for stripes tomorrow.
I'm smiling every minute I'm behind the wheel.
Attached Images     
Old 9/10/12, 01:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SKID1701
A few more of my new girl before she goes for stripes tomorrow.
I'm smiling every minute I'm behind the wheel.
What kind of stripes? Post some photos. I wanted to add some side stripes to mine but ran into problems. I am interested in what you are planning...

Joe C.
Old 9/10/12, 06:55 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SKID1701
My GT arrived today! Here are some "just off truck" photos.
Deysha, thanks for the support during the order process!!
You’re very welcome, SKID1701. That is one HOT looking ride!

Originally Posted by Mulligan
My frustration is building and I am considering telling Ford to keep this car and go spend my 70k elsewhere.
The plant reopened today, so I hope for movement soon.

Originally Posted by Mickstang
I ordered on 8/9, and haven't even received my VIN yet!
PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can help, Mickstang.

Originally Posted by MikeD73USA
Out of some miracle, car was delivered Friday night. Picked it up this Saturday. Here's some pics.

Thanks to Deysha and Jeff 05fordgt, for their help, and lending an ear. You two really rock!
YES!!! Congrats, MikeD73USA. It’s beautiful.

Deysha
Old 9/10/12, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Good morning Deysha,
Would love to get some more good news from you today!

Thank you.
Old 9/10/12, 10:56 AM

Hi Deysha!! Sent you a PM. How long was the plant closed? Have an awesome day!
Old 9/10/12, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know the Flat Rock plant schedule for the rest of the year?
I heard they were going to be closed from the middle of November through the first week of January. Anyone have the dates?
Old 9/10/12, 08:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Does anyone know the Flat Rock plant schedule for the rest of the year?
I heard they were going to be closed from the middle of November through the first week of January. Anyone have the dates?
That would be drastic.
Old 9/10/12, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Good morning Deysha,
Would love to get some more good news from you today!

Thank you.
Relax lol, let it do its thing, it's the first day the plant opened, give it week intervals to check in, do daily to bi-daily check ins when it's in transit.

We are all anxious here but from the looks of it you have ~a month or so left, that's nothing!
Old 9/10/12, 09:44 PM
V6 Member

HI Deysha!
Sent you a PM. Any news is good news? Hopefully it's great news!
Thanks for putting up with all of us!

Hans
Old 9/11/12, 12:20 AM

Reality Check

Deysha,

Sent youa PM. By the time this is over I will have traded all the hair on my head for a few ulcers. I am a wreck with all the ambiguity.

F2Redpot

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread